Hollywood

Baby I Miss You

So, it was decided,

I smiled sweetly at my phone, as though it was her face I'm staring at... It was her SMS..

 

Jeremy:"CL! My muse, my baby girl" he shouted smiling warmly, as he took my hand to his and gave it a courtly kiss. "Just yourself today, my sweet?"

 

Chaerin:"No, I'm waiting for Dara"

 

Jeremy:"Oh, a date with your angel I see.." He gthered his hands around me with his affectionate hug.. "Eat well with your love" he finally said leaving my table..

 

Of course only the best for my lovely wife... 

 

I stared at the wooden sign reading 'No Autographs Please' to a small round table in the corner. The enormous main room saturated with noise, conversations, laughter, modern music, and the clutter of dishes and cutlery. The acoustics rendertion of Take a chance on me by Bruno Mars, filled the atmosphere which was how the customers liked it. The floor was stardust over brick, the ceiling with massive beams and hanging plants.. 

 

I love to eat in fast food chains but I wanted a special glossy and private date with my wife. The ambiance felt just a little larger than life. The tables were filled with out-of-work musicians, agents trying to interest a producer in one of their clients, a writer pitching a story idea for a new series or a film, an actress trying to impress a director. Hands made broad gestures, some people smoked and that part of the room rang with loud voices, big laughs..

 

I saw a plate of cookies...

 

Omo,

 

As I remembered cookies that the members kept pestering me to bake.. Her image, standing in the middle of Hampton's she looked beautiful dressed with beige linen slacks and green silk shirt, set off by small gold earrings. I went straight to her side, adding agitation by brushing my lips against hers.. Her eyes gleamed unable to draw an expression .. 

 

Chaerin:"Unnie , you're looking very lovely" I whispered in her ear.

 

Dara:"This is such an expensive crowd. Are we always like this?"

 

Chaerin:"No, this is the first date that we have at Hampton's" I laughed, we ate anywhere with a Korean sign written on it

 

Dara:"So, we dated somewhere else.. ? " Unnie's blush added appeal to her pretty face..

 

Chaerin:"Unnie.. Have I done or said somthing inappropriate?"

 

Dara:"Not that I'm aware of.. Just that you're movements and your clothing" Unnie  said lowering her voice as though she was so shy that a Korean may hear our conversation in LA

 

Chaerin:"You're flustered" I winked and smiled at her again,

I knew she adores this gesture...LOL! Oh, how I loved teasing her.

 

--lunch--

We ate smoked turkey stripes, chopped romaine lettuce, rice sticks and avocados, with a spicy peanut butter dressing. She shrugged and began to eat, trying to take a small dainty bite.

 

Dara:"Mmmm.. this is good.. "

 

I watched the following bites that were no longer dainty, taking mouthfuls savouring the salad's subtle flavors. Placing my elbows on the table, grinning at her hungry face. 

 

Dara:"Wut? Is it obvious that I absolutely love to eat." She returned a smile

 

Chaerin:"A hearty appetite for someone who is on a constant diet"

 

Dara:"Is there a reason why CL-roo chose to eat here instead of our unusual places?"

 

Chaerin:"Why is it when I'm alone with you I don't feel reasonable?" 

 

Unnie  looked up as I finished the last bite of my salad. Her puzzled expression while she sips a glass of strawberry shake was so silly and lovely at the same time. 

 

Dara:"It does work well with a woman's voice, listening in another way is just as effective.."

 

Chaerin:"I work at it" I answered lightly

 

Dara:"How long have we been doing this?"

 

I laughed, 

 

She smiled and crossed her legs, completely at ease now

 

Chaerin:"Oh? Don't judge a book by its cover." I reached out and held her hand on the table. "Seven"

 

The touch of her fingertips between mine when she turned my gesture into fitting spaces... As though the gesture never left her..

 

Dara:"I like you very much" her tone became softly intimate "Please keep me in mind when I'm not with you"

 

Chaerin:"Unnie... Are you courting me?" The sound of my heart pounding in my ears.. Could she really forget everything we had together?