Spaghetti

Baby I Miss You

 

 

Dara:”Omo, that smells good” she hovered behind me, looking over my shoulder into the pot of spaghetti sauce that had been simmering before Omoni watched her Korean Drama marathon. Had it not been for our activities since this morning, I probably would have avoided being too close to smell her flowery scent of her soap, the faintest hint of perfume on her skin. No racing heart, no laboured breathing, no dizziness…

She reached around me for the spoon, and accidentally touched the pot instead.

 

Dara:”Gaawwhh!” She said biting her burned finger “Come on, can’t I just have a little taste”

 

Chaerin:”Omoni!” I shooed her away, accidentally calling her our secret pet name

 

Dara:”Omoni?” She repeated and pointed at herself

 

Chaerin:“Yeah, YOU” I said in English

 

Unnie face looked surprised and then changed into pouting..

 

Chaerin:“ Please..stopped breathing down my neck I can’t concentrate”

 

Dara:”I can’t help it, this is novelty for me… Baby-rin cooked for me” she said cheerfully on my side

 

Chaerin:”Unnie, you might spoil your appetite!”

 

Dara:”Make it sweet and spicy just like my childhood” Unnie  said cheerfully

 

I looked at her in a commanding gaze and she just smiled at me. Her arm on my shoulder glancing at the pot of boiling water as I stirred it until it was all submerged. Which would be more edible? Ssantoki or the sauce beside her? I think both it would taste amazing in my mouth..

 

Chaerin:”Unnie I was thinking, I have a photoshoot to take this weekend maybe you would like to come along, and we’ll have lunch with Bom-unnie and Mingkki there.”

 

Dara:”Sure, I’ll go I want to ask Mingkki something”

 

She opened the cupboard  and pulled two plates down.

 

Chaerin:”Great.”  I wonder what will she ask our makanae

 

I pulled the tray of garlic bread from the oven and set it on the stove. As she sat down, she already finished to set the utensils on the table, I carried the food over.. Her happy eyes were glittering while clapping childishly.

I gave her a healthy serving of pasta, garlic bread and ladled the sauce...to top it with fresh parmesan cheese.  She flashed a wide smile and forked a mouthful of spaghetti.

 

Dara:"Mmmmm" she moaned in pleasure.

 

I laughed

 

Chaerin:”The pleasure is all mine” I said eyeing her as I took a bite of it too

 

Dara:”This..” She said still chewing and swallowed “..is the most amazing thing I’ve ever remembered tasting” She gestured at the plate “better than Jolibee”

 

Chaerin:”You don’t missed it?”

 

Dara:”It’s just a place” She said twirling the orange pasta around her fork “It’s the feeling that I missed. I like spending too much time together. aeygoo too much comfortable” she touched her nose

 

Chaerin:”Just comfortable??" teasing her

 

Dara:”Leadaaah your so creative”

 

Chaerin:”Creative?”

 

Dara:”Your so weird, to twist my words so effortlessly”

 

I smiled at the compliment.. My cute ajumma that I love in ways that I've never realized possible when we had been together. I could never be immune to your smile..

If I had to deal with her leaving eventually, memories of this time and of the past it would sustain a heart ache through that doubtful and lonely times.

 

Dara:"What is this?" She slowly unfolded it and began to read

 

Chaerin:”I’ve been reading your condition on the internet.’’ I said pausing “Ok maybe let Manager print it out for me” 

 

I noticed the way her lashes swept down, brushing her cheeks like a pair of tiny dark fans against her pale white skin. I wonder if I could kiss it, to the small laugh lines of her eyes and the corners of her lips

 

Chaerin:” I made a list of question about us ” I shrugged, brushing off my elicit thoughts also reading the questions favorite food? Color? Time of year?

 

Dara:”Mmm.. Chicken, Pink, and July 31 2006” She hesitated “2017” I’m a creature of organizer, I drove at the age of 21" she lifted her hand "How about you, answer this too"

 

Chaerin:"sandwich.. brown, July 2017, l'm a lion creature of music, I have a license but have Ssantoki drive.

 

Dara:"What about our mutual likes and dislikes?"

 

Chaerin:"We love shoes, coats, playing, laughing nonsense and blackjacks" 

 

Dara:"Our fans loves you too.." She smiled "Dislikes"

 

Chaerin:"I remember, Unnie leaving the set once then the staff were all worried. They kept sending me sms to help them look for you. I found you curled into my rilikkuma and fast asleep on the large steel shelves..

 

She bursted laughing

 

Chaerin:"You sleep crashed everywhere and have everyone worried"

 

Dara:"Tell me about your family"

 

Chaerin:"My Umma is an artist and my Appa is a Physics professor and writer. They currently reside with my aunt who runs a gallery in Paris.. My baby sister, Harin is still studying her masters degree in Hongkong"

 

Dara:"tell me more" she paused taking before another bite of food "Did I asked their permission, marrying you?

 

 Chaerin:"Yes, my family loves you"

 

Unnie leaned closer, her thumb moving playfully in a circular motion on my palm..

 

Dara:"Like father like daughter.."

 

Chaerin:"you've said that phase a couple of times too.."

 

Dara:"How long have Baby-rin had been writing our songs?"

 

Chaerin:"five to six years.."

 

Dara:"Can I hear one song live?"

 

Chaerin:"Which song does Unnie  wanna hear?"

 

Dara:"Baby I miss you...acapella"