Deserted

Baby I Miss You

YG:"You always did have a sense of the dramatic aura. I see it hasn't deserted you" President Yang said with a laugh.

 

CL:"President Yang, I want you to accept it" I said carefully, stunned with the dismissal in his voice 

 

He raised an eyebrow, giving his face a cynical look.

 

YG:"You give your money away very coolly, Lee Chaerin I wonder what she'll say if I accepted that wild offer."

 

CL:"Don't worry about me."

 

YG:"Is that her ring you're wearing?"

 

CL:"Ssantoki." I squeezed my eyes shut. Reality was alive, just as harsh a lifestyle that didn't allowed our love.

 

YG:"I know she's leaving, but she can't quit the company"

 

CL:"I don't blame her, this job is demanding knowing the limitations.. Knowing the rules... We broke the rules now the company is the one paying the penalty."

 

YG:"CL-shii, I did not tell you that you're not allowed to be human.. This offer will remain open until you'd come to you're senses.

 

CL:"Thank you President Yang" I bowed in his sincerity before I walked my way out

 

YG:"Wait, CL-sshi ..this came for you in today's mail. It's from Dara-sshi" President Yang said digging deep into his loose-fitting raw leather jacket.  "I don't know why she sent it in such a delay"

 

I took the package, frowning in its brown square wrapping it was obviously very old when I saw the return address inside it was a castle in Ireland. It was a year ago when we had a tour in Ireland and visited a famous ghost haunting castle with the other members.

It was a square jeweler's case inside. Nestled on a bed of frayed green satin was a man's ring. Hesitantly I lifted it out. The gold had mellowed in color with time and wear, it was an antique. Inside the band was an inscription that must have been Gaelic. But the most remarkable feature of the ring was a crest it bore two intricately intertwined hearts. They were so worn, parts of them were nearly gone, but there was no mistaking what they were. It was identical to the pendant that Unnie had worn on our wedding day. 

 ---

The note inside the box read

 

Dear Faith,

I found this Kilkenny and thought of you, maybe our love wouldn't prosper from the rain of doubts and the unbearable pouring of feelings for each other. I think you'll want it when you find the end of our rainbow. I envy the man you give this to. He'll be getting a heart more pure and bright than anything made of gold.

I love you more than you'll ever know and the rest of the universe, if I can give it all for you I would. But I don't have enough hands though.. He he.. Its funny that I used your English name in this letter, Bommie kept calling you "Faith" this morning before you took a flight for France for Harin's birthday.

I'm looking at your face smiling know, Baby-rin I miss you

 

Love

Sandara Park

--

 

I stared at the ring, and closed it in my hand, my eyes felt heavy, it was too choking to speak.. I hurried away and pushed the studio door shut. I want more than anything else was to fulfill each others lives, no matter what was against us. I love her, my love could not be driven out. It was because I chose to be a protector of her happiness but I haven't realized until now that Unnie was protecting me.