His Past

Their Powers

I am sure the other wolves feel that for once, Luhan chose a bad decision. Choi did nothing but be a burden to us. It was hard having her around. She was rather sadistic and always has her hands bloody. She loves playing around with the other wolves and teasing them. And she loves clinging to Chen in a unique way. But Chen never complained about it.

And she loves teasing me.

She loves asking if I found my mate yet.

I still don’t accept the fact that I’m a wolf and I still detested these boys and she’s asking that. “Now, see here, you’ll be coming with us, Sujin,” Baekhyun stared into my eyes as he said that. “You should be able to control your power by now but you’re hopeless,” he sighed in disbelief. “Darkness may be the absence of light,” he created a ball of light in his palms. And then grabbed it to hide the light. “But your kind of darkness is different. You can create a world of your own and make anyone enter it,” Baekhyun waved the ball and made it into an arc above his head.

“You can have them in your world and crush their reasons of existing there,” the light quickly vanished as he said those words. “Darkness is in every human’s heart and if you reveal their dark side to them, won’t they feel crushed?” He smirked a bit. “They’ve rejected those sides of theirs but you rub it in their faces,” he added as he paced around me.

“But if you don’t control that power, every time fear consumes you, you’ll make your allies enter a world that has no end,” Baekhyun sternly said. “That’s why if you went hunting with us, you can train that power,” Lay rolled his wrist. “And I’ll be left here with Choi while you’re out. By the way, where’s Luhan-hyung? I haven’t seen him since this morning,” Lay bobbed his head up.

“He said he went out to think about things, and maybe strengthening that power of his,” Choi appeared by the door. “Sujin, can I talk to you for a minute?” she then asked as she crossed her arms. She still had that tough demeanour with her. I looked at Baekhyun who wasn’t sure if he can let me talk to Choi.

“Go,” after a few minutes, he said. I hurried to the door and Choi led me out the abandoned building, just near the entrance of the forest. “The secret to controlling your power is to let it know you control it and it doesn’t control you,” her claws grew again. “You let darkness consume you but you should control it,” she said as she quickly sliced a few branches of a tree. “If you don’t, you might as well end up like Luhan,” she said with a pitiful voice.

What? End up like Luhan? We’re talking about not controlling powers but Luhan does it perfectly. In this pack, he can control his power the best. “I am sure you’re confused; let me tell you a story. Sit down,” Choi gestured to a giant rock and there I sat down. “Luhan was such a powerful wolf and he still is but back then, he didn’t have a clue how to control his telekinesis.”

“It was hard for him of course. He accidentally gets agitated and boxes fly everywhere, we’re lucky enough Sehun was able to arrange the boxes properly. And there were instances, when the full moon is up; Luhan gets in a haze. A haze every wolf will experience and if not controlled properly, you’ll be insane and that’s what happened to him. He killed his family because of it. Telekinesis was looked down upon the other wolves but Luhan proved them wrong with his strength but the question in his mind was how to control it.”

“Have you noticed he avoids taking off his shirt?” Choi looked at me. I shook my head. “They all avoid taking off their shirts when they’re with me,” I told her. “I see. Well, under his shirt lies the scar of his fear. Luhan has one fear and he’s scared he might do it again to someone he loves. Across his back, there’s a large scratch his father created and he was cursed with having to carry that every day of his life,” she turned her back on me. “I smell the others coming already. Bothersome. I’ll continue my tale next time, female wolf. See you after you return from the hunt,” and then she vanished into thin air.

“Are you ready, Sujin? This may be dangerous but this is how this pack trains,” Kris said when he appeared from the sky. He was in charge of flight after all. “I’m sure Baekhyun already told you the basics,” Chanyeol said as fire formed in his hand and for the first time, he didn’t look like he felt the burn.

“Now, we’re going to give you a goal. You have to kill a certain number of humans and if you don’t, you have to be Luhan’s personal assistant,” Kai smirked as he appeared behind me. I was of course startled but it wasn’t too obvious for them to notice. “I wouldn’t want that to happen. And who was the smart person to think of that?” I glared at Luhan who didn’t want to pay me attention.

Xiumin didn’t look at me but he raised his hand. He hesitated. He looked very guilty but I see why he wanted me to be Luhan’s personal assistant. No one wants to be his assistant. He’s too bossy. He thinks he’s always right. Though he doesn’t get angry, he can torture you. He can play with your thoughts.

Luhan can make a normal person kill himself because of how he treats you.

In short, he’s a scary enemy.

“I’m sorry,” I heard Xiumin whisper. Suho went near me and said,” You don’t have to be his assistant, Sujin. I’ll volunteer if you fail.” Luhan just smirked when he heard that. “She can’t handle being with me, Suho. I am sure she’ll just all let us down,” he said. I am sure he wanted to trigger my anger. “Sujin is a new wolf. She can’t do what the others can do. She can only do us good as the mate of one of us but that can cause destruction like Chen’s mate,” he glanced at Chen who was avoiding him.

“I never wanted Miyeon to end up like she is now, hyung. She was such a good wolf back then but I don’t know,” Chen said as he shook his head. He looked hurt. He was like he missed the old Choi. The Choi who fell for him and he fell for. But he knew that was all in the past, he can’t turn back time.

“I don’t want us to talk about her, Chen and Luhan-hyung. It’s useless,” KyungSoo said as he frowned. He looked like he can even crush diamonds right now. Maybe Choi was the reason why his mate died. I don’t know. I wasn’t sure. But why would Choi do it if she did? I don’t have a clue.

Whatever or whoever Choi is and was, she affected the pack in a giant way.

“Let’s just go, the sun is sinking so we need to start,” Kris turned his back before turning into a wolf. “Alright, hang on tight, Sujin,” Sehun said as he circulated his index finger and made a twister to carry us to wherever we’ll go hunting.

And I know I’ll just end up as that wolf’s assistant.