Black Roses

Their Powers

“You weren’t so strong,” Choi wiped the blood from as she looked down at Seohyun who couldn’t move from her place. “Well, I predicted that,” Choi crouched down and pulled Seohyun’s hair. “You are just trash compared to the others. And after all, you can never replace me, Seohyun. I will always be better than you,” Choi said before slamming Seohyun’s head back to the ground.

She stood up and fixed her hair. “I shouldn’t let yeobo see me like this,” she whispered to herself with a smile and glanced at Seohyun’s body again. “I wonder if she’s dead. Nah, even if she isn’t, I shouldn’t waste my energy on something like her,” Choi said before climbing a nearby tree and continuing her search for Leejin.

“Chincha… This is really interesting. I have to thank her for this.”

“Sunny, take care of those two. I have to take this deer to your uncle first,” Taeyeon ordered Sunny who was doing a good job in stalling the two beagles. “Okay, leader!” Sunny chimed as she kicked tackled Chanyeol’s back when he tried to chase after Taeyeon.

“Where are you going to take me?” Luhan growled as he put his eyes on Taeyeon. Her blade only pressed on his neck more. “Just be silent, wolf. And if you were listening earlier, you’re going to meet Sunny’s uncle, none other than Sooman-ahjussi,” Taeyeon answered when she finally put a barrier between the two of them and the others.

Taeyeon then made her dagger into a silver collar and strapped it on Luhan’s neck and smirked. “It fits you perfectly. She was right,” she smirked as a leash grew from it. The leash was actually a chain made out of iron. The collar was adorned with first, Luhan’s symbol in the middle then there were colourful opals. “She said she hates you but she knows what fits you. Interesting,” Taeyeon said as she pulled the leash and lead Luhan deeper into the forest.

Slowly, the coal-like trees turned into more of a collection of vines with thorns and roses. “Black roses usually grow in Holland I think. Ahjussi brought some from his trip there with us,” Taeyeon said, not slowing from her pace. Luhan wanted to resist but he knew he’ll only waste energy in doing so. “Aren’t they so beautiful, Luhan?” She looked back to him. It was obvious she was enjoying the sight of Luhan being helpless. She was after all the sadistic leader of SNSD.

“Come on. Answer when you are asked, Luhan,” Taeyeon pulled the leash, making Luhan step forward and almost trip. “Though it is hard for me to admit, they are beautiful. He really does have good taste,” Luhan said as he glared at her. “He bought that in thoughts of his son’s only daughter whose father died during a hunter’s attack and there, he abandoned that granddaughter of his. Sad story, really. But the granddaughter herself isn’t aware she was even connected to ahjussi,” Taeyeon continued.

Luhan thought that granddaughter she was speaking of was Sujin. It was obvious. On the day Luhan and the others took Sujin away from her normal life, the people taking care of her were obviously only human. They can’t be related to Sujin by blood. Her mother might’ve left her there for her own good and maybe Luhan was the reason why this all happened.

“Ahjussi was a great guardian for both SJ and SNSD. But SJ-sunbae wasn’t much of a grateful bunch, they even had hunters into their pack and became passive. Ahjussi was heartbroken but luckily, he still has us, his true family,” Taeyeon said with bitterness in her tone. “Did you know? My mate was Leeteuk, I was the supposed luna if the two packs joined but he’s just…” She shook her head.

“SJ is full of traitors. I am sure EXO would have some traitors soon, revolt against you, Suho and Kris. I am sure of it. Anyways, I’ll leave you here to formally meet those leaders and have a… meeting with them,” Taeyeon suddenly disappeared into the thorns and was replaced with a pillar made out of black marble.

“Great,” Luhan muttered as he tried to destroy the leash. “The most I can do is wait for that Lee Soo Man. I am so excited,” he said with sarcasm in his voice.

“Ah chincha… For once, I want that hateful Sujin back.”

Rae and Xiumin had this awkward atmosphere between them that only Mae and Tao seemed to feel. They were leading the way, occasionally glaring at each other and arguing who should lead the team. “It wasn’t such a great idea to team up after all,” Mae muttered. “Oh yeah, Mae-ssi, how did you and Rae-ssi meet?” Tao asked.

Mae looked at him with furrowed eyebrows and tried remembering. “Oh, she was supposed to kill me!” She cheerfully said as she snapped her fingers. “Eh?” Tao blinked a few times. How could she say something so cheerfully? “She said I was too cute to be murdered or trapped in a cage so she told me I’ll be part of the team,” she added with a nostalgic smile on her face. “I remembered we were like this small back then. Oh wait, I haven’t grown much since I was already a teenager back then. But I only have one regret in joining the hunters,” Mae said as she looked down.

“Bwoya?” Tao asked. “There’s a wolf who rescued me back then when I was about to be . I still remembered him, blinding that erted jerk,” Mae chuckled a bit. Tao paused for a moment. ‘Did I hear that story before?’ He thought. “But nevermind about that. It’s likely he was already murdered when the hunters lunged a big attack,” Mae said with a reassuring smile at him.

“Why do you keep a wolf as a pet?” Xiumin raised an eyebrow at Rae. “Is it bad though? I thought you’ll be grateful I didn’t kill one of your kind,” Rae muttered. “It’s not necessarily bad. It’s just surprising a member of the most famous and gruesome hunter groups has a cheerful wolf as a pet,” Xiumin teased with a smile directed to her. Rae’s cheeks turned light pink.

“Waeyo… If she was male, I could’ve easily killed her. It’s rare to see female wolves,” Rae whispered to herself. “Nothing. You won’t understand,” Xiumin shook his head. Rae always thought she could only kill this person right beside her but now, she was talking to him and heck, she was even blushing because of him.

“Rae! Ah!” Mae suddenly screamed.

“Nice to meet you, Minseul.”