Trigger

Their Powers

“So, do you remember everything now? It’s such a bother making you remember things though you’ll get killed in the end,” Leejin groaned. Luhan stared at the ground, furrowing his eyebrows. He just can’t believe it. After all the chaos, after everything, he never felt like Sujin was his mate. He thought he’ll feel something different when his mate was around. Chen said when he met Choi, he felt butterflies in his stomach and wanted to be cool in front of her but why didn’t he feel anything?

Was this an effect of having his heart shrouded in a dark mist?

Or was Leejin lying?

“As much as I want to lie about that, sorry to break it to you but we’re practically mates,” Leejin nonchalantly told him. Luhan rolled his eyes. She seriously read his mind. “If you’re doubting, I’ll let you. I don’t have time for the likes of you anyway,” Leejin then lifted her right hand and a cage made out of thorns grew under Luhan.

“I’ll return to you once I personally take care of some things. I have to get my own revenge because of the other members of our pack abusing Sujin’s weakness back then,” Leejin said before disappearing into the darkness once again.

Luhan tried to pry open the bars but to no avail. “Aish, if I just didn’t force that female wolf… Aish,” Luhan sat on the floor, ruffling his hair. “If I wasn’t easily influenced by that voice in my head back then… If… Aish,” he kept talking to himself. He kept blaming himself for Sujin’s misfortune and the misfortune for his pack mates.

“I hope Sujin surfaces once again. I’d rather face her than that sadistic wolf.”

Leejin appeared where Hyoyeon and Yuri were. Hyoyeon already was barring wounds on her legs and Yuri was panting. On the other side were Suho, Kai and Chen who were having their own injuries. “This battle is taking too long,” Leejin complained.

“What the heck happened to she-wolf?” Kai scanned her from head to toe. “She suddenly looks hot,” he added, earning a hit on the head from Suho. “She’s not exactly Sujin, I’m sure of that,” Suho said as he narrowed his eyes. “What did you do to Sehun-ah?” Chen asked her with a glare. “Secret,” Leejin winked playfully.

“Aish, Hyoyeon and Yuri, what the heck are you doing and the boys aren’t dead?” Leejin said as she faced the two other wolves. Hyoyeon gave Yuri the look and Yuri took the initiative to talk,” They’re powerful. That ugly luna is smart, that plumped up lip dude is quick and that camel…” Yuri then shrugged. Chen glared. “What is that supposed to mean?” he puffed his cheeks.

Leejin rolled her eyes. “Aish, no more idle chit chat,” when she slowly approached the men, they stepped back. “Don’t worry, I won’t harm any of you now. I have to leave some for the others,” Leejin said, making a tree grow from the ground behind the boys. “I just want to have a sincere talk with Kai,” she continued. Kai raised an eyebrow. “I knew I was irresistible,” he said arrogantly. “Paboya,” Chen hit Kai’s head.

Leejin moved her fingers and Kai was forced to go towards her. “What the…” He reacted as his feet moved forward. “You bullied us ever since we moved in the pack,” she said with hatred in her voice. “Sujin just kept her feelings in but she was stopping herself from ever harming you. Because she was afraid of being attacked by you all, especially her own mate, Luhan but she didn’t know anything back then,” Leejin paced around Kai as she talked.

“She hates you the most. You kept on bullying her. You kept on calling her stupid. Now, who’s the stupid one now? You messed with the wrong she-wolf, Kai,” Leejin emphasized on the male’s name as she narrowed her eyes. “What did happen in your past to make you like this though? Every wolf has a sad past, so someone evil as you might’ve had a sadder past than me. Let’s see about that shall we?” Leejin rotated her wrist and smirked when she saw Chen’s and Suho’s alarmed expressions.

“Take care of them, Yuri and Hyoyeon. I’m going to have a date with this wolf right here,” Leejin snapped her fingers and a dome of darkness surrounded her and Kai. Kai couldn’t even open his mouth to say insults to her. It was glued shut by some unseen force. The last thing he saw was Yuri and Hyoyeon tackling his defenceless hyungs.

‘Aigooo… What to do now?’

Kai thought. It echoed in his head. The scene faded into the dark streets of Seoul. Kai saw the younger version of himself running from the police again with a woman’s handbag in his arms.

“You’ll never catch me ers!” He screamed as the police cussed at Kai’s unbelievable speed. He turned left and right. He knew the shortcuts and every passageway in the streets. He grew up here without anyone’s help. But he helped the other children though. He sometimes gives food to those younger than him. He is a thief and a drug dealer but he still had a heart, unbelievable it may be.

Kai widened his eyes as he remembered this night. It was one of the nights that scarred him for life.

“Kai-yah,” a kid younger than Kai called out to him. “Call me hyung, have some respect,” Kai said once he lost the police. “Sure, sure, hyung, whatever. How much did you steal?” The kid raised an eyebrow. “Don’t know,” Kai opened the bag and made whatever is in it fall to the ground. “Yah, we have dinner tonight!” The kid chimed. Kai smiled a bit. “Yeah, we do. Go buy dinner in the convenience store then,” he handed the money. “Just wait for me,” the kid winked before running off.

Kai wanted to shout stop. He looked around to find Leejin but she was nowhere to be found. He wanted to demand her to stop this nonsense. He doesn’t want to remember what happened next. ‘Show yourself. You’re only using this to blackmail me. That’s so low,’ Kai thought. “I’m not blackmailing you. A strong wolf accepts his past, doesn’t he?” Leejin’s voice echoed in his head.

“Taehyun-yah!” Kai screamed as he rushed to his friend’s side. “Taehyun-yah, I promised Taemin-hyung to protect you. Aish, you can’t die on me!” He screamed.

“Please stop this…” Kai finally was able to open his mouth as tears formed in his eyes.

“Jebal…”