Worthy Opponents

Their Powers

“You know they’ll come and get you,” Sehun growled. “Are you sure, Sehunnie?” Leejin said as she stretched a bit. “If that’s so, they’re taking too long,” she added, smirking at him. “You know I can finish you off,” she said, putting an orb of darkness into her hand. “Why don’t you do it then? Show me,” Sehun challenged her.

“I’d rather not. I want you to be my mate after all,” Leejin said. “No one can make someone else their mate, pabo. It’s already been decided who our mates will be and I’m sure someone else is your mate,” Sehun said. Leejin frowned in annoyance. “I hate my mate. It’s not true what they say. You’ll get comfortable with your mate. You’ll fall in love. A werewolf’s life is not a fairy tale, sadly. But what do humans say? We can change our own lives, we can decide for ourselves,” Leejin told him.

“So you can decide if you want to die or be my mate, Oh Sehun.”

Choi positioned herself on one of the tallest trees in the forest. Her eyes complimented the blood moon as she scanned the whole place. She pointed north and said,”SHINee will meet with my love’s group huh.” She smirked a bit to herself.

She then sat down on the branch and closed her eyes. Her mark appeared right above her eye and her claws grew. “It was hard supressing this under the blood moon,” she whispered to herself, her voice turning more into a growl. “Madness is such a strong scent this lovely night. Surely, a lot of deaths will arrive. Aish, I am so excited. How will my pack get eliminated from the game?” Choi opened her eyes and another persona took over.

Someone even Chen can’t stop.

She jumped from tree to tree as she scanned the area. It was hard but her sharp eye sight aided her in looking through the forest. “You can’t get near to her!” Someone suddenly tackled her from behind and made her fall to the ground, her back slamming into a rock.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” Choi asked, angered by the sudden attack. When she saw the attacker’s face, her anger turned into pleasure. “It’s nice to see you again, Seohyun,” Choi greeted. “Oh, it’s you,” Seohyun frowned, quickly pinning the ends of Choi’s clothes to the ground and pressing her harder against it, making her back bleed.

But Choi didn’t flinch.

“I feel missed,” Choi said sarcastically, laughing to herself. “So what are you doing here, Choi? I heard you went back to EXO,” Seohyun said. “Well, I suppose you know your mistress is a part of the pack. But I must say, she did a good job and decorating this place,” Choi said. “With the help of Sunny-eunni’s uncle of course,” Seohyun said. “Is that so? Nice,” Choi complimented.

She then easily removed the blades from her hands and pointed it to Seohyun’s neck.

“I don’t play nice, Seohyun.”

Chen’s back slammed into the tree trunk when he tried tackling another wolf. “Ouch…” He whispered before lifting his head and glaring at the attacker. The attacker’s luscious golden brown hair cascaded down her back. It was slightly curly. “Hyoyeon,” Suho glared at her. She only smiled, not saying a word.

“And this is Yuri, I presume. Your so called voice,” Suho looked at the other woman with Hyoyeon. “I’m sure it’s a disadvantage not to say anything to your enemy,” Suho prepared to tackle Hyoyeon. “But it’s more fun to hear the screams under the silence she shares,” Yuri said with a playful smile.

Hyoyeon had a blade in her hand as she tackled Kai who was in a daze because of Yuri’s surprise attack earlier. Suho managed to go between them and take a grip of Hyoyeon’s arm and push her away from Kai. “Kai, ireona,” Suho muttered before tackling Hyoyeon and clawing her arms. Hyoyeon hissed and kicked Suho’s stomach.

Yuri, on the other hand, kept on beating up Chen who was now unconscious because of a poison she made him drink. “Don’t worry. It’ll be a slow death for you,” Yuri said as she lifted up Chen’s head to face her and put her claws on his mouth. “It was such a waste. I am sure Krystal would shed some tears for you,” she said before forcefully slamming Chen’s head into the ground.

But to Yuri’s surprise, Kai pinned her to the trunk of the nearby tree. “I didn’t know you can recover that fast, boy,” she said with a smirk. “Let’s see if you can beat my record then,” Kai said, returning the smirk. Yuri then tried kicking Kai but he suddenly disappeared and reappeared at the other side of the tree and pulled her leg.

“Break a leg, noona.”

Luhan wiped the blood from his mouth. Surely, he would expect to win the battle sooner because they outnumbered the two she-wolves but they were quick and witty. They knew where to strike. They thought the same. They were worthy foes for him.

Chanyeol made a whip out of his flames and lashed it on Taeyeon who easily dodged it. Sunny on the other hand, held the whip with her hands and turned it into the blue flames she can control. It did cost energy but it was worth it when the weapon was for her to control.

Luhan tried to scan the situation. He hated how Suho wasn’t with them now. He was lucky Chanyeol was in his team and Baekhyun who seemed to know Taeyeon’s fighting techniques. For some reason, they are able to read their every move and contradict it accordingly.

Taeyeon wasn’t the leader of SNSD for nothing. And Sunny wasn’t the niece of Lee Soo Man for nothing. They may be dealing with the most powerful members of their pack.

“Hyung, look out!” Baekhyun screamed and Luhan snapped out of his daze but it was too late, Taeyeon had him with her dagger.

“It’s such a shame Leejin didn’t tell me to kill you. She said I should bring you alive. You still have a role in her game.”