The Blood Moon

Their Powers

“The blood moon?” Rae looked up into the sky with a dagger in her clutches. The moon was glowing a bloody shade of red. She knows it will be dangerous tonight. Dark clouds try to mask the moon’s murderous glow and it only made the atmosphere more eerie than before.

She looked back to her pet wolf, Mae. The wolf was peacefully slumbering on her bed. She would sometimes release some grunts but that was the most she could do in her sleep. Rae sighed in relief. “As long as she won’t go crazy…” She whispered.

“But I’m sure those other wolves will…” She bit her lower lip. “Does oppa know?”

“Have you loaded the guns?” Onew asked his teammates. “Ready, set, fire, hyung,” Taemin said as he put the pistol into his belt. “Are you sure you don’t want Rae-ssi to come along?” Minho raised an eyebrow at Jonghyun. Jonghyun shook his head as an answer.

“It’s too dangerous. I don’t want her to have the same fate as our parents,” he said. “That might not be a smart decision but knowing it’s protective brother Jonghyun-hyung, it seems smart to him but it would only put us more into a disadvantage,” Key said.

“Don’t worry, I called some help from subgroup f(x), they’ll arrive soon enough to aid us,” Onew said. “Are you sure girls could help us?” Minho raised an eyebrow. “Two female wolves equal to the strength of a whole pack there. EXO pack isn’t a pack easy to win over and they’re our only way out of this or else,” Onew explained himself.

“Since Jonghyun didn’t want Rae-ssi into this mess, this is the smartest choice,” Onew added, giving Jonghyun the look. “Whatever, the moon’s up and I’m sure Rae-ssi won’t let herself out of the action before midnight,” Taemin naughtily smiled. “She’ll surely bring her pet along and it would be so fun,” he added as he put on his coat.

“I’m afraid of that,” Jonghyun bit his lower lip.

The darkness… It’s infinite, isn’t it?

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were following Luhan closely behind. The blood moon shined cruelly upon them, mocking them and telling them their efforts will be wasted. Chanyeol and Baekhyun knew that but Luhan isn’t the type to give up easily, especially that one of his close companions’ life is at stake.

The wind was awfully cold around them. And the darkness was creepier than usual to their dismay. The others will follow them later on, according to what Suho said. So far, no sound has been heard except for owls seeking for attention and birds flying off to safety. Also, the trees rustling in the breeze.

“Hyung, why can’t we just wait for the others?” Chanyeol asked, calming his heart since honestly, he was afraid of dying in the darkness where no one will find him. “Yeah, hyung, it’s better if we’re all together,” Baekhyun said, shining a bit of light into their path so they won’t trip and they could be more careful with each step. “Sehun is in danger and the sooner the better. That wolf might not show herself if she sees all of us together,” Luhan growled, making the two shut up.

Luhan then suddenly stopped in his tracks, sniffing the area. “She’s near,” he growled. “What? Huh?” Chanyeol looked around, trying to take a glimpse of whatever Luhan was trying to find. “She’s near?” Baekhyun repeated what Luhan said, trying to shed some light through the trees and bushes of the woods.

No one can escape the darkness, every wolf knows that.

Suddenly, branches were tackling the boys’ limbs. Luhan managed to dodge the branches and bend them the other way. Chanyeol used his fire to burn away the branches and Baekhyun used his claws to cut them away. “Show yourself,” Luhan’s eyes turned red as he commanded the voice to appear before him.

That wouldn’t make things interesting, would it? I mean, do you want to see me so badly, deer boy?

Luhan hissed as he heard the familiar nickname. Only Choi calls him that. “Did Choi awaken you?” Chanyeol shouted. “Of course not, my wolves! Your maknae did and he did a splendid job that I might keep him!” The voice answered before laughing. “Give. Us. Back. Sehun,” Luhan commanded. The voice made a ‘tsk tsk’ sound. “I’m afraid I can’t do that. I let him enter a world he will come to love… or it will drive him mad,” the voice said.

Luhan practically uprooted the nearest tree as he heard that and Baekhyun held his hyung’s shoulder. “A world he will come to love? Enlighten us, whoever you are,” Baekhyun said. “You see, a heart is never free of darkness, especially a wolf’s heart,” a quick wind flew pass them, making their hair go back. “And like what I was advised back then, or what was advised to Sujin back then, if one wants to control one’s power, one must accept his or her past,” another wind flew past them.

“And that’s what I plan to do with Sehun. But he isn’t my mate, sadly. My mate is a rebellious one, you see and I know he will never accept me like Chen accepts MiYeon but alas, I’ll content myself with Sehun since he did wake me up,” the voice laughed a bit, with a tint of madness. “I am sure this girl and Choi will be the best of friends,” Baekhyun muttered.

“You think so too?”

Suddenly, Sujin appeared by Baekhyun’s back. He jumped with shock and went behind Chanyeol. She didn’t look the same. She looked like Sujin, yes. It was Sujin’s body but there was clearly something wrong. The fear and anger in her eyes disappeared. What the boys remembered with her eyes was the moon above.

She wasn’t wearing the same outfit she did when she left with Sehun. She was wearing a knee-length dress with delicate designs of roses and skulls. It was color black which complimented her now very pale skin. Her lips were dabbed with blood, Sehun’s blood Luhan thought. She wasn’t wearing anything for her feet though. She didn’t have any accessories too except for a black butterfly as a hairpin, tying her hair up into a bun.

She looked like the personification of darkness.

She smiled with a murderous glint in her eyes, quite familiar for the boys since they knew Choi well. “I haven’t actually talked to MiYeon. I never had the chance. I almost though but then deer boy butted in and disturbed my plan,” she said as she frowned a bit. “Anyways,” she clasped her hands.

“I’ll be waiting for you in the cave if you survive long enough. I met a man of my fancy to help me. And you know him very well too. Ciao, my pack mates~” Sujin said before snapping her fingers, disappearing into the darkness.