Wounds

Their Powers

I breathed heavily as I felt the hole of the gun on my throat. She wasn’t shaking or anything. She can kill me now if she wanted. She can take me down if needed. But she waited for my reaction on her introduction. “So what’s your name, newbie?” Rae asked and I felt her hot breath by my neck.

“Sujin,” I answered as I closed my eyes. I can still see Xiumin blowing out an icy breeze because he’s angry and Kai looking like he wanted to teleport behind Rae to stab her dead. Lay can’t move much because Taemin was near us.

“How many have you killed already? EXO is a dangerous bunch for normal mortals,” she inquired. I heard she had one of her fingers on the trigger, ready to shoot me if I did anything suspicious. “A few girls back then when I wasn’t part of the pack and the mother of two,” I answered honestly. “I see, quite a few for a member of this pack. I expected you to at least kill a whole clan,” Rae loosened her grip.

“I don’t like killing wolves who don’t have the intention of fighting back. It’s useless as a hunter,” Rae said, and I thought she was gone from my back but when I raised my hand, I felt another hand holding my wrist. “But that doesn’t mean you’re safe, Sujin,” Rae growled. “A wolf is a wolf no matter how much they kill,” she hissed.

I felt sudden pain on my wrist and felt blood going out of the wound. When I averted my eyes, I saw she wounded my wrist, near my symbol as a wolf. “I wonder what happens if I damage your precious symbol. I’ve never tried that,” Rae said with a sadistic gaze in her eyes. I was really scared of her. She was almost like Choi in a way. Almost. Choi was scarier when she was mad.

“Let go of her, Minseul,” Xiumin growled. “Let go of Sujin,” he again said. Rae chuckled a little at Xiumin’s reaction. “It’s been a long time since you called me that, Minseok-oppa. How long has it been? Oh yeah, you never called me since you think we had an unspoken promise but as long as it doesn’t escape my lips, it’s not really a promise for me,” she said as she smirked, nearing the blade to my wrist again.

I saw Xiumin’s wolf ears growing and his symbol glowing in his wrist. “I don’t want to lose another person I care for and just watch it all,” Xiumin muttered before assisting Kai to sit down on the floor. “One move and your little wolf friend gets it, Minseok-oppa,” Rae said as she returned the gun to my neck.

“I won’t really kill you, dear. I’m looking forward to a larger battle you see. Something like what happened years ago when there was another female wolf. Something that wolf Choi can trigger. You know what I mean,” Rae whispered in my ear with a smirk on her face. I shuddered at the idea. She wants a gruesome battle like what happened years ago. She wants to finish this pack once and for good.

“Is this really what you want, Minseul? A life of killing other species when humanity lost it?” Kai told her. “That’s why I’m killing wolves, babo. It’s because if wolves we’re gone, less people would die. What happened to me won’t happen to other kids. Being a human child in this harsh world is hard. But of course you wouldn’t know, you’re all powerful wolves, prideful too,” Rae hissed as she pointed the gun to Kai.

“Wolves like you deserve to rot in hell if you have souls,” she told him. She was hesitating on the trigger. “What’s wrong, Rae-ssi?” Taemin asked. Rae stayed quiet and breathed in. “I won’t be scared,” she whispered. She then pulled the trigger to send a bullet flying towards Kai, but that’s what we thought.

“You missed?” Lay questioned. “Rae-ssi never misses, you dope,” Taemin said. I didn’t know what Taemin was doing to Lay behind me but Lay gulped. “She has the greatest and most accurate aim in the group, how can she miss? She’s just…” Taemin hesitated on continuing his sentence.

“Though a hunter, Rae has a bit of humanity left and she’s still scared of murdering wolves. It’s already been years but she’s scared of taking one’s life. Sadistic Rae may be, she was still human in her heart,” Taemin told us. “Shut up. I can do this,” Rae said as she aimed her gun at Kai again.

“I’m not a worthless hunter. I know I’m not,” she desperately said. “I’m going to prove I’m like father and mother,” she hesitated on the trigger again. When she was about to pull the trigger, another hunter appeared with a spear tied behind his back. “Rae, Taemin, Jonghyun’s down! We need to retreat immediately!” he shouted. Rae had an expression of distaste when she heard that.

“Just a minute, Key-hyung!” Taemin shouted, and caused Lay to flinch in pain. “Yes, just a minute,” Rae aimed her gun again and shot Kai… in the arm. “Good luck healing that, wolves,” she smirked before running off with Taemin and the so-called Key. “I hate this,” Lay fell to his knees and I grabbed my wrist.

It was full of wounds Rae caused using her blade. Her expression was scary, contradicting to her innocent face. I lightly touched the wound and flinched. “I hate this,” Kai muttered. Lay was waving his hand over his wound, trying to heal it with the strength he had left. “There was poison in that blade. How are you able to stand up, Sujin?” Lay looked up to me. “That poison… is related to darkness, weirdly. It’s for exorcism or so I think, oppa,” I answered, waving my hand over the wound and covering it with darkness.

It was the first time I was unaware of using my power correctly.

“This is… one of the things I can control. I don’t know how I knew but I’m sure of it,” I looked at my palm which was covered with darkness. “If I know how to control my power right…” I said before crouching down and waving my hand over Lay’s wound, aiding him in his healing. “I can’t heal wounds but I can remove the poison to lessen your burden,” I said.

Xiumin was freezing Kai’s wound to stop the blood from flowing. “Are you alright there? Want some help? Some ice maybe?” Xiumin offered to us. “We’re fine, hyung. Just please call the others,” and with that Xiumin ran towards the building as fast as he could.