Alliance with the Enemies

Their Powers

Taemin opened up his flashlight and look through the woods. “Hyung, it’s full of traps,” he noted, narrowing his eyes. “Sujin-ssi… isn’t her power related to the past of her victims?” Onew held his chin as he thought of a plan. Jonghyun nodded. “Reminds them of the bad past they have, wae?” he said. “It’ll be hard if we attack her directly, right?” Onew said.

“We can have those pack mates of hers tire her for us,” Taemin suggested. “Aren’t you such a sadist?” Key pinched Taemin’s arm. “Ow, hyung!” The youngest reacted. “Are you sure Rae-ssi won’t follow us?” Minho turned to Jonghyun. Jonghyun had a frown on his face.

“Do you think she’ll be a behaved puppy and follow my orders?” Jonghyun said, remembering how many times Rae tried being the hero in their missions and ending up having her saved by her older brother. “Aish, sometimes I want to lock her in a cage like I do with wolves,” he muttered. “But she’s too precious, we know,” Key rolled his eyes.

“Anyways, if Rae-ssi did dare to come here, where do you think she’ll head to?” Onew asked. “The original base of the wolves, the cave,” Jonghyun answered with a grim expression on his face.

“Aja! We’re going hunting!” Mae cheerfully telepathically said as she carried Rae on her back. Mae was in her wolf form right now. She had black fur with white parts on her paws and tail. Rae was comfortably positioned on her back, gripping on the gun on her belt. “Ne, Rae-ssi, I wonder what kind of wolves we’re gonna encounter,” Mae said. “Bad ones of course,” Rae muttered.

“And about what you said earlier, what’s this about a childhood friend? You have a wolf childhood friend? Woah, daebak!” Mae said. “Shush, he’s not really my friend. His parents killed mine and vice versa,” Rae told her with a frown.

Then they heard the rustling of the bushes. “Who’s there?” Rae narrowed her eyes. Suddenly, a wolf jumped onto her. “Aish, not Sujin,” the wolf said. It had a familiar voice. It was surely part of EXO pack. The wolf turned into its human form and Rae found herself under Xiumin.

Xiumin looked over Rae and this gave her the chills. He had cold eyes that were turning into the color of snow and frost suddenly covered Rae’s shoulders. “Get off of me,” Rae said. Mae turned into a human too and practically pulled Xiumin off of Rae when she got a grip on what was happening and glared at the man.

“A she-wolf?” Another wolf appeared by the bushes. Rae noted he had dark circles and he looked incredibly skinny which she was jealous of. What? A hunter can’t be jealous of a male wolf’s body?

Mae glared at both wolves and had her claws growing but Rae gestured for her to stop. “This isn’t the time to fight, am I right?” Rae raised one of her eyebrows while eyeing on Xiumin who was across them. Xiumin nodded. “Of course. I’m thankful you know,” he said. “But that doesn’t mean we’re gonna work together,” Mae said, sticking out her tongue.

Tao pointed at Mae with a confused look on his face. “How did you get a…?” Rae shook her head. “Flashbacks aren’t the right thing to do right now,” she glanced at Tao. “Anyways,” she looked back at Xiumin. “Where are the other wolves?” she asked.

“Kris separated us into groups of three but another member of ours went solo. You know who she is,” Xiumin said. “Ah, Choi,” Rae nodded. “So how’s your brother? I sense he’s not with you right now,” Xiumin said. Rae nodded. “He isn’t. I went with Mae only. I trust you won’t attack us knowing that,” she said. Xiumin nodded.

“So you’re trying to find Sujin too?”

Luhan cut through the now long branches with difficulty. The branches were as black as coal and seemed like they were made from it. The fog grew thicker as they tried to go deeper into the forest. Chanyeol did try to burn the branches but it would take longer time. The branches absorbed the flames. Baekhyun made a blade made of pure light to cut through the branches since he didn’t want to damage his claws much.

“Aish, she’s making things difficult,” Chanyeol hissed, some smoke coming out of his fists. “Have patience,” Baekhyun said as he trying sawing the branch. Luhan was silently doing his best in destroying the branches but he was secretly losing his patience.

“Sujin, I swear I’m going to kill you if you do anything to Sehun,” Luhan whispered to himself. “Swearing isn’t that good,” a silhouette suddenly appeared in front of Luhan that made him jump back. A pair of red eyes glowed as they stared at him.

The voice was familiar to Baekhyun and he turned his head where the voice came from. Those eyes were very familiar to him. “Taeyeon-noona…” He bit his lower lip as he said the woman’s name. “Don’t tell me you’re working for Sujin,” Baekhyun said.

Luhan thought this through. He knew who Taeyeon was. He knew who she was to Baekhyun. Apparently, the two were cousins. Baekhyun and Taeyeon weren’t really close as family members especially that Taeyeon moved herself away from her family. She joined another pack after running away. Speaking of Taeyeon’s pack, there’s a member with a sister who’s a hunter as of his knowledge. The wolf from SNSD had a sister who is a hunter from f(x).

“Then I won’t tell you that,” Taeyeon smirked through the branches. “I’m a kinder wolf than you think, Baekkie,” she said with affection. “Don’t call me that, Taeyeon-noona. It’s been years since I never considered you a part of my family,” Baekhyun growled. “But you still call me noona, aw,” Taeyeon said as her smirk grew into a grin.

“Anyways, Sujin told me to take care of you with the help of Sunny,” Taeyeon said and as if on cue, Sunny appeared behind Chanyeol with blue fire in her hands.

“Annyeong, rookies~” She greeted with a smile on her face, the blue flame complimenting her short minty coloured hair.