Would I?

Their Powers

When Choi was already gone, Lay quickly went near Kai and tried to heal him. “What did you do this time, Kai?” Suho frowned as he asked. “I didn’t do anything but state the truth,” Kai answered, flinching every time Lay would wave his hand around his scratches. “Light scratches but filled with anger,” Lay whispered under his breath.

“What kind of truth?” Suho narrowed his eyes. “Chen is ugly,” Kai bluntly said. Chen only sighed when he heard that. “She tends to get obsessive over me. Mianhe,” Chen apologized for Choi. “Tends? She always gets obsessive when it comes to you, Chen,” KyungSoo frowned. “Enough of that. Just patch Kai up before we go to school,” Kris said. “Sujin, go take your shower or whatever and change your clothes. We’ll be leaving soon,” he added as he looked at me.

I only nodded and speeded away from them. Choi was surely scary. She went haywire over that little thing? I doubt it though. Maybe Kai said something else that ticked her off. Maybe he only started with saying Chen was ugly. Maybe he said something else. Kai does have a sharp tongue sometimes. He doesn’t know when to stop sometimes. He was that stupid when it comes to other’s feelings.

When I returned to the room, Kai was already back to normal in his uniform. He also wore a baseball cap and there was a bandage on the side of his lip. “Took you long enough,” Kai smirked at me. It seems like the little incident earlier didn’t make him go crazy or sensitive about his words. “Let’s go,” Sehun jerked his head, pointing using his eyes to the door. We all nodded and went out to walk to school.

I felt the glares of these boys’ fans piercing my existence. If only I can trade with them, they’ll know the pain I’ve been through but I’m slowly getting used to the fans’ presence. And I knew Choi was a scarier Chen fan than all of them combined. And I was sharing a bed with her since we’re both females. Wow, I’m such a lucky wolf.

Wait, I admitted on being a wolf? Never. But it’s the truth isn’t it? Stop it. I hate it when my conscience bugs me of what I am. I am not a wolf. I’m more humane than these freaks and I’m pretty sure they don’t even know how to use a phone. I saw Chen hold one, he electrocuted it. Xiumin froze his. KyungSoo almost crushed his. See my point? Those wolves were killing machines and not for daily human life.

And there I was sitting in class like a normal student I want to be and Chanyeol practically burning the pencil that he was playing with. He bit his lower lip as he scanned the paper across me and asked me,” What’re you doing?” I pulled the paper away from him and snarled,” You wouldn’t care what I’m doing as long as it doesn’t concern you right?”

Chanyeol frowned at my sudden outburst. “I wouldn’t care, that wouldn’t be the right word. But I’m curious. What were you writing?” He said, grabbing my wrist and gluing it on the table with his strength. His eyes glinted anger. I saw his fangs showing. Chanyeol was really a short tempered wolf.

“Chanyeol-hyung, stop that,” Tao whispered from behind, giving Chanyeol a glare. “If the alphas caught you, or if Choi was watching, you will be likely to have a punishment if you hurt her,” he added, before returning to what he was doing. “Hmp. Fine,” he muttered, letting me go.

I can still feel the heat he had on his hands. It left a burnt mark on my wrist. I frowned as I stared at the mark he gave me and held it with my other hand. “I’ll get you back somehow,” I muttered. I turned my head to where Tao was sitting and whispered a “Thank you”. I think he heard it because he lifted his head and shyly smiled at me.

After circling my wrist, the mark suddenly vanished. I turned to Lay and he glanced at me a few times. I was sure this was his doing. I couldn’t say thank you since our teacher suddenly arrived and we all needed to be ‘behaved’ because as I said before, we are the top 13 students of this batch and we can’t stain our reputation being perfect students.

Even if I was really against this.

I listened to our teacher attentively. I didn’t want another tutor session with one of those boys. I tried to complete my notes and when the teacher went out, I rested my head on the table. “Do you detest us that much?” Chanyeol whispered quietly that I almost didn’t hear what he said. I turned to him but he didn’t look at me. He was immersed in his own studying. "Who?  Me?” I reacted.

Chanyeol lightly nodded before looking at me. “Do you detest us to the point you want to kill us? Torture us maybe?” He repeated. “Umm…” I wasn’t used to being asked that directly. I nodded lightly after a few seconds. “You won’t hesitate when that chance comes?” He asked me.

I thought about it. Will I hesitate on killing these monsters? Ironically, I might. I’ve spent my time with them that I am sort of sentimental with them though they drive me really crazy. I hate them sure but the humanity in me says I might not be able to kill them. I shrugged as an answered. “I’m not sure…” I looked at my lap.

“Hm.. Is that so?” Chanyeol went back to his original position with his elbow on the table and his head resting on his hand. “Just do it quickly if you plan to kill us,” he muttered. I wasn’t sure why he was suddenly like this. I wanted to ask but my wolf told me not to. It was better to leave Chanyeol alone and it was better to forget he ever asked that. It’s bad to dwell on certain things.

“Let’s go,” Chanyeol said as he stood up. Class was already over and the students already left, thus leaving the pack behind. “We have to hunt for dinner as usual,” Baekhyun said as he pocketed his hands. “Who’ll watch over Choi for the night?” Kris asked. Of course, no one volunteered. Even Chen was afraid of Choi. “I’ll watch over her with Sujin,” Luhan raised his hand.

“What? No!” Xiumin reacted. “It wouldn’t be any fun if Lu-ge’s not around and Lu-ge, you were always with us during hunting,” he added, crossing his arms. Luhan glanced at Xiumin, looking at him coldly. “I’m going to train Sujin and Choi is surely going to help me with that. We both have our benefits. But Sujin has the power to choose who has the greatest benefit in the end,” he reasoned.

Xiumin looked down with a pout on his face. He looked defeated. “Alright,” he whispered.