Taking Over

Their Powers

I gazed at the symbol on the wall. It was hard to see at first but when I was near enough, it started glowing along with the symbol on my wrist. I suddenly felt weak as I approached the symbol and my chest started hurting as I clutched on it.

“Sujin..?” Sehun tried catching my attention but I can’t bring out the voice to answer him.

It was more painful now and I felt the throbbing in my head. I left out a loud roar before falling hard on the ground. I felt the rocks piercing my skin and the coldness creeping up my body. My arm was reaching out to the symbol since I thought it may be the only way out of this.

Sehun was in a state of shock of what was happening. I didn’t saw what his face looked like but I was sure it was filled with horror and regret. He didn’t run away and he didn’t come to my rescue. He was frozen in his spot as if Xiumin froze his feet there.

“Stop…” I whispered to myself. “But I’m just starting” My wolf’s voice resounded in my head. I groaned in pain. I felt like that wolf was stabbing me and making me let her have control over my body. The symbol on my wrist glowed bloody red and the symbol on the wall started to glow that way too.

I didn’t have a choice. She didn’t let me choose. I out like what happened the last time.

(Narrator’s POV)

Sehun wanted to get out and call for help but the glistening symbol on the wall seemed like it will kill him if he did. What was happening to her? He didn’t have a clue. Did Luhan and Choi feel like this when they saw this side of her? Maybe he did make it worse. Maybe he walked into his death with this cave.

He was cussing himself in his mind as he remembered this was all his idea.

Run

His wolf told him. Was he going to follow? Of course, he can’t resist his wolf and he found himself turning into a brown wolf with white streaks on his back running towards the mouth of the cave. So far, so good, he kept that in mind. He didn’t feel someone chasing him.

He then saw darkness immersing from where Sujin was and he tried to run faster.

But it was too late, he was caught by the back foot.

 

Meanwhile, in the abandoned building…

“WHAT?!” Luhan reacted once he heard what Suho decided on. “You let Sehun go with that Sujin? Are you a mad man?!” He shouted, his eyes flashing hints of red. He was obviously mad since all he did in his life was protect Xiumin and Sehun. They were the only family he really did come to know. And now, Sehun was in danger.

“I knew this would happen,” Choi said as she entered through the window. “Sehun always wanted a permanent place in the pack after all. He always wanted to… prove his worth and not look useless, unlike Tao who was completely contented on being the youngest member of EXO-M,” she said as she went beside Luhan.

Suho sweated as he saw the two most powerful members come before him. One was angry and the other one was just plain crazy. What will he do now to save his reputation as an alpha? “Isn’t that good though? Sehun wants to prove himself and become stronger, unlike he was years ago,” Suho told them.

Luhan glared at the alpha as his fangs grew. “What if that woman goes haywire again? What if she lets Sehun see the dark past he tries so hard to ignore?” He snapped. Suho bit his lower lip. Luhan always tries to keep his cool. He was seldom mad or seldom showed any signs of emotions but now he was practically shouting.

“I don’t want Sehun to witness what I had. Xiumin already has darkness in his heart that we know we can’t cure! And now, Sehun might’ve been…” Luhan looked down, not daring to say the word. He knew it was possible. The cave was a dark place. And surely, Sujin’s power might’ve been so strong there.

“Call Baekhyun and Chanyeol,” Kris commanded, finally speaking up. “If you want to make sure Sehun is safe, we have to be guided by the light after all,” he said as he looked into Luhan’s eyes. And Luhan very well knew who was in charge. He growled to himself before running off to find the two wolves.

Choi smiled at the two alphas evilly. “Isn’t this going to be a fun show, Suho and Kris?” She said with an evil tone. “If you freaking set this up, Choi, I swear I am going to—“ Suho had his finger wagging with anger. “Kill me? Tough luck then. You already had trouble with the hunters and you want to try and kill me if I planned this but sorry to burst your bubble, this was all Sehun’s thinking and luckily, I didn’t need any effort to wake that wolf up.”

Kris shot a look at Choi, telling her to stop triggering Suho but she completely ignored it. “Her wolf is more dangerous than I could ever be, alphas. But not as smart, sadly. So don’t try to go on my bad side because if you did, let’s just say another wolf will be sacrificed to the blood moon,” Choi said before strutting out of the room, leaving Suho angered and Kris calming him down.

“Baekhyun, Chanyeol, we’re going to the cave,” Luhan said sternly. “What? Are you crazy, hyung?” Baekhyun widened his eyes in shock. “Sehun is in there with Sujin and Kris gave direct orders to have you two come with me,” Luhan told them nothing more. “Ah, Sehunnie is such a dumb wolf sometimes,” Chanyeol facepalmed. “I don’t know, hyung. Even I get scared of that woman,” Baekhyun said.

“Follow my orders or your death wouldn’t be caused by darkness, instead it will be caused by telekinesis,” Luhan scowled. Baekhyun and Chanyeol worriedly looked at each other before turning to Luhan and nodding.

“Yes, hyung!”