Arguments and Silence

Their Powers

The last expression on Xiumin’s face before he left with the others was pure hurt. “Don’t mind him,” Luhan said as he gestured me to follow him. “Xiumin is always possessive of me since we reunited. He just doesn’t want to be alone again. I don’t see why he would be insecure though, plus Chen and Sehun are still there to accompany him,” Luhan told me.

It was a quiet walk towards the abandoned building. I didn’t even hear a human scream like the usual. Since Choi stayed here, she always had a victim in her clutches. Luhan slowly opened the door and whispered a “We’re here.” Choi was sitting on the floor with her back on the wall. She was texting on her phone.

“What are you doing?” Luhan narrowed his eyes. “You know any form of communication with humans is forbidden in the pack,” he growled. Choi frowned at him and went back to her texting. “Listen when someone’s talking to you, Choi. Have some respect,” Luhan said, already preparing himself to grab the phone.

“This is why this pack can’t blend in with humans,” she raised her head to match Luhan’s gaze. “This is why you always catch the hunters’ attention. If you only faked on being humane, we could have more peaceful lives,” she added which earned her a glare from Luhan. “You want a peaceful life but you’re the one who triggered the bloody battle a long time ago. Talk about irony,” Luhan smirked.

“Oh, well, sometimes a lady wants peace and quiet,” she stood up and stretched. “Anyways, so you’ll be my babysitters? I didn’t expect the great deer to watch over me,” she teased with a smirk on her face. “Deer?” One of Luhan’s eyebrows rose and clearly, annoyance took its course over his face.

“I’m a wolf, yes, a wolf. I am not a stupid deer,” Luhan half shouted at her. “Tell that to your deceased parents, won’t you? Lu means deer in Chinese after all,” Choi smirked. “Weredeer, it sounds so weird,” she chuckled to herself. “Shut it. Anyways, I’m not here to only bicker with you,” Luhan crossed his arms. “And what are you here for then?” Choi asked and waited for an answer until her eyes gazed upon me.

“Are you here so I could help you train her? Isn’t that a bad idea from a wise wolf like yourself?” Choi asked as she smirked. “I am not here for idle chitchat but yes, I want you to help me train her. It may be a bad idea but she might be our salvation when the incident years ago that killed most of the werewolves happens again,” Luhan nodded.

“So, are you up for it?”

Choi looked at the ceiling, thinking of the right answer. She tapped her chin and then looked at me. “I’m up for it then. I love spending time with this female wolf after all,” she suddenly put her arm at the back of my neck and the other one by my waist. “Get away from my Jongdae, okay?” She whispered into my ear. I lightly nodded.

“She agreed to the conditions so let’s go,” Choi said as she let go of me.

She is seriously one screwed up woman.

Luhan and Choi went in front of me and I followed them closely. Choi had that murderous tint in her eyes while Luhan’s were filled with coldness. Choi was teasing Luhan and Luhan seemed to react according to what she wanted. If I grew up as a wolf, I would think nothing of this. But I grew up as a human, though not normal, and I can say Choi and Luhan fit each other in an evil way that I’m afraid they might be the king and queen of the world if they were mates.

Luckily, they weren’t. Choi loves Jongdae, even if it was a possessive kind of love and Luhan loves no one, as of I know. He was still traumatized by his past with his family I guess. Or maybe the only women he would talk to were the ones in the pack.

Wait, why am I thinking about that? I shook away the thought and concentrated on following them. “You’re just jealous I already have the love of my life,” Choi sneered. She looked cocky about it. “You’re just jealous I’m not obsessing over someone,” Luhan snapped as he smirked.

“I’m not obsessing over Jongdae! And what do you call how you treat Sehun and Xiumin?”

“I am only looking after them. You know I practically grew up with them.”

“Yeah, right, you spoil those two too much. At least I teach Jongdae some manners and strength. Sehun still can’t make a proper twister and Xiumin kept on freezing the shampoo!”

“Xiumin can at least not freeze his victim’s blood unintentionally. He’s improving and he has his own privacy, unlike Chen.”

“I give him his own life. I don’t go to your school so he can have his boy time and so he can concentrate.”

The two kept on arguing. Choi kept on saying she isn’t that obsessed about Chen and Luhan kept telling her he’s not addicted to Xiumin and Sehun. I almost chuckled but I stopped myself. It’s possible they will shout at me. But I’m wondering why they weren’t battling violently since I expected Choi to start a battle.

Maybe I misunderstood her a bit.

“If only your mate appeared…” Choi growled. “She could keep you on a leash,” she said as her canine teeth grew. Forget what I said earlier. She’s still violent and I completely understand her. “I wish Sujin was your mate so you can’t fight her back once she got stronger,” she added.

“Fool. Even if she’s my mate, I wouldn’t care. If she gets in my way, then I won’t have mercy and kill her. And I’d rather die than have anyone as my mate,” Luhan said as he frowned. I don’t want him as a mate either. The truth is I don’t want anyone as my mate. I’d rather be a lone wolf. I never wanted him in my life after all.

“You’re just afraid you might care for someone and lose them, like what happened to your parents. You’re already afraid of losing your pack because you see us as your family, even the women. The others think you’re heartless but you’re just afraid, aren’t you, Luhan?”

Luhan suddenly held Choi by the collar, snarling. “Who gave you the right? Choi MiYeon, who gave you the right to say that? And how would you know? How would a she-wolf who avoided the consequences of her actions know how I felt? You only know how to kill and get what you want.”

I wanted to stop what was happening and calm the two down but Choi turned her head to me. “I’m so good at hitting the target, aren’t I?” She laughed a bit. “And you managed to laugh? Are you just that twisted?” “A bit, Luhan. Life made me this way,” the marks by Choi’s eyes glowed.

“If I had to tell what these marks mean, I would say I have madness as my power.”