Dark Romance

Their Powers

Choi woke up, finding herself tied to a tree by thorns and Taeyeon was before her. “What… happened?” She asked, flinching in the pain. Taeyeon only smirked at her. “Don’t you remember anything?”

Choi suddenly came in the scene when Yoona attempted to kick Chen’s face. What confused the young she-wolf was the fact the image of Chen suddenly vanished and then she felt like someone stabbed her back, and now she guesses Taeyeon did it.

“Where’s yeobo?” She growled. Taeyeon shook her head. “I can’t believe you were deceived just like that,” Yoona laughed. “You are so pathetic but I guess that’s what you get after leaving us when we were already treating you as part of our pack,” she added with a sly smirk. “You nine were the whiniest teenagers I could meet. How can I not leave you? Seohyun looked so happy when I did it too,” Choi said.

“You are why SNSD is at the top of the food chain, dear. We couldn’t last a day without you,” Taeyeon purred. “Yeah, right,” Choi rolled her eyes. “You just want that star studded reputation in the supernatural world. I’m not an idiot, Taeyeon,” Choi said. “No honorific? This is why people are confused on your age,” Yoona said. “No one in this world deserves respect. We are all murderers after all. We kill humans and our own kind,” Choi said.

“Even I’m not safe in the cruel reality of being a wolf but I accepted my fate at such a young age, no?”

Soo Man took Luhan to the cave and Luhan looked like a celebrity in his suit. He was cleaned up and Soo Man made sure his wounds weren’t that visible. “Dear?” Soo Man called out in the darkness. “Dear?” He called out again without any response. Soo Man knitted his eyebrows and then decided to chain Luhan to a rock with thorns.

The old man rushed towards the deeper part of the cave and saw Sujin’s body lying on the ground. “What did you do?” Soo Man looked at Sehun who was obviously amused at what happened. “Nothing, ahjussi. Let’s just say she’s going back the way we found her,” Sehun said. “Tch…” Soo Man narrowed his eyes and put one of her arms on his shoulder and then settled her on a boulder.

“It’s either I wake up Sujin or Leejin. I have to take my chances,” Soo Man said as he waved his hand over her head and a faint red glow illuminated from her. She opened her eyes and looked confused at first. “Leejin,” Soo Man sincerely smiled as he hugged her. “The hell…” Sehun muttered. “I thought Sujin could’ve…” He shook his head and avoided the two wolves’ gaze.

“I’ll deal with you later,” Leejin glared at Sehun when she got back on her feet. “Where’s Luhan?” she asked her grandfather. Soo Man gladly lead her towards where Luhan was just meditating. “Long time no see, Luhan,” Leejin greeted as a rope made out of darkness went out of her hand and went around Luhan’s neck.

“Do you remember me? As someone from your past?” Luhan was still silent and had his eyes closed. Leejin frowned and then approached Luhan. He suddenly grabbed of her foot and pulled it to make her fall. “Ouch… Wait, why does it hurt me too?” Luhan said as he hugged himself. “Because…” Leejin sat up and combed her hair with her hands. “Because I’m your mate, idiot,” Leejin said as she smirked at him.

“And you know you can’t hurt your mate without being hurt yourself.”

Jessica laughed at the scenario. “You think you can beat us, hunter and wolves?” She said before making blades out of ice and attaching them on her wrists. “You can’t beat me. Sooyoung is still weak.” “Quite cocky for the losing team,” Rae snapped before aiming for Jessica’s blades. “No, no, hunter,” Jessica quickly went behind Rae and stabbed her shoulder. “You are an unworthy opponent,” she whispered, Rae felt chills going up her spine.

“Get away from her!” Xiumin shouted as he created a whip from ice and looped it on Jessica’s ankle. He then pulled it but when Jessica was nearly slammed to the floor, she used her hands to get back on her feet. “I’m not going to fall for that trick,” she said. Rae held on her shoulder and cussed under her breath as she tried to run from Jessica. “Hey, no escaping,” Jessica made both of her blades into a bow and arrow and shot Rae’s ankle that made her fall to the ground.

“Don’t dare hurt her!” Xiumin said as he created as ice ball and threw it towards Jessica but she absorbed it with her bare hands. “Your power will be useless if you let fear rule you, young one,” Jessica said, reforming the ice ball and returning it to Xiumin who luckily avoided it.

Rae was trying to do first aid on her arm first and was flinching in pain. She remembered all the training she went through. She remembered all the time she let her brother down. She can’t just give up here. Her parents died of protecting her, and she think she’ll better off die protecting the people she cares about, mainly her brother.

She suddenly thought where her brother was. She hasn’t seen any trace of him and she’s sure the other hunters were bound to bump into some wolves as powerful or more powerful than Jessica and Sooyoung. She wished f(x) was there to back them up.

She groggily stood up with her wrapped up knee and shoulder and scanned her surroundings to make a plan. Xiumin and Jessica were battling with their elements and Sooyoung, Tao and Mae were battling using blades and Tao had a spear. Rae wasn’t sure where it came from.

“I don’t want to die just yet but if it means saving my family… everyone who fought alongside with me through my whole life then I’m fine with it.”