Fire + Healing + Strength

Their Powers

“Up, up, listen up, my werewolf peeps,” Chanyeol smirked as the flames went around him. He always had this aura that told me he was arrogant. He knows he’s powerful and he boasts about it. I think that sums him up. “A werewolf’s life is like a flame; it flickers and is easy to extinguish. But normal flames shouldn’t be compared with my flames,” Chanyeol said as his flames grew.

“I was born as Park Chanyeol. I’m part of the beagle line with Chen and Baekhyun who went before me. Some people called me cute while others called me hot. I lead a normal human life until some hunters ambushed our home, the same incident Chen said earlier,” Chanyeol’s flames calmed down as he said the word hunters. He bit his lower lip but when he noticed his habit, his lips curved back into a smirk.

“My parents tried their best to survive; to let my sister and I survive the attack. It was really a gruesome battle between humans and wolves. As you see, I survived the ambush but my sister… Unfortunately, we were separated during the ambush and I never saw her again. I was sure she was a goner without me. And during that ambush, my fear got the best of me and protected me with flames. Strong, red and orange flames engulfing me in their embrace. It was scary at the same time, I felt secure in the heat,” he elaborated.

“After the ambush, I ran out to try to find some help. And that’s when I saw Suho-hyung. He was mercilessly drowning the hunters in a sphere full of water. It was scary really to watch him but I knew he was my salvation back then. He noticed me and then offered to join his pack and I quickly agreed. He helped me train my power together with Baekhyun since our powers worked together.” He looked away as if there was a detail he skipped. But no other wolf noticed this and let him sit down.

“Did I miss anything?” Lay peered by the doorway. “About three stories but it’s your turn,” Tao answered as he turned his head. “Okay then,” he nodded as he went in the middle of the circle. I just noticed the two packs were separated. EXO-K was on one side and EXO-M on another. Meeting the two groups were Chen and Choi who were from different packs but I expected them to sit together.

Lay had this warm aura around him. But he didn’t smile at all. “Having this power and knowing you can’t do anything is the worst feeling ever,” he started before sighing. “I knew I was a wolf. I knew I was one of those murderers but my parents made me think I can be different. But I saw how they murdered humans for our food. My mother was a healer like me and my father manipulated plants. Those powers seemed so beneficial for humankind and my family seemed to be beneficial for our neighbourhood but we only killed everyone around us.”

“All I wanted was a normal life. Ever since I was young, I knew it was impossible but I still craved for the normality of life. My parents heard of the attack of the hunters in Korea and so they told me to go there to help our fellow wolves. They told me they needed to guard the Chinese boundaries so no more wolves would die. And they told me about Kris-ge’s father and him too and they told me I was part of that pack.”

“One night though, while I was in Korea, my grandmother called me to go back to China immediately. I did and saw my parents lying lifelessly on their beds. We can’t go to the hospital since the doctors will be suspicious of the injuries. Since I was confident of my powers, I tried healing them. But my biggest fear happened, my power wouldn’t show. I couldn’t heal my mother nor my father even if I tried my hardest to muster up the energy. I can’t. It’s like fate was cursing and laughing at me.”

Lay looked like he was at the brink of tearing up. But he tried maintaining his calm façade. “I went back to Korea carrying this big load of guilt with me. I am still afraid it might happen to me again. I’m afraid I might not be able to heal any of you when the time comes. That’s why I try my best to learn more of my power by myself since no one has a power near to mine. That’s about it,” Lay said before going beside Kris.

He looked like he wanted to cry. He was sincere of what he said. He wanted to be normal. He didn’t want to harm anyone. Lay was just like me. We both wanted the same things but being a wolf was a big obstacle for us to conquer and it was unbeatable.

“It’s my turn huh,” KyungSoo whispered to himself before standing up. He had an already bent metal pole in his hand. “I am Do KyungSoo. I was born with that name and will die with it. That’s the only thing that didn’t change through my years as a wolf. I wasn’t exactly close with anyone and only wanted to be alone, isolated from the world. But they say my smile was the best smile they saw. If the members of the pack ranked, I would be second to Kai’s smile.”

“Being a wolf wasn’t a shocker for me. I always knew this, I discovered it myself. What kind of human after all can suddenly break a locker just my slamming it right? But I never told my parents I knew. I wasn’t close to them after all. Again, I wasn’t close to anyone. Strength was something each of us had but my strength was the best. I was the strongest member and had the best technique. Second to my strength was Xiumin-hyung.”

“After joining the pack because of the hunter attack, and Choi was already part of it, I met another wolf who was as isolated as I was. Except she was always smiling. She was strong and her laugh always resounded in this abandoned building. She was considered as part of the pack and she was close to Choi… until the two packs became one.”

KyungSoo looked like he wanted to go crazy but he tried his best to tell his story. “Choi became jealous and a hot headed woman around her, especially when she’s around Chen. But that girl never noticed and was too ignorant to notice Choi’s murderous stares. I sometimes heard Choi mutter she was the only woman in this pack. She should be the only woman in the pack and the pack doesn’t need another woman. She was sufficient to be the only woman.”

“That was Choi’s reason when she confessed her sin to us. She was the one who lured the hunters into our base and they almost killed all of us, especially me. But that girl saved my life, she sacrificed hers and literally took a silver bullet for me. Lay-hyung wasn’t able to heal her but she willingly gave her life. She even said I could find another mate better than her. But the truth is, I can never find another mate better than her because she was the best and my only mate.”

I saw tears falling down from KyungSoo’s eyes. “I love her very much until now. I can never find a woman better than her.” I almost cried with him. I was still a maiden with a soft heart in this room of wolves. Chen only stared at the ground while Choi whistled a bit while looking around the room. They were obviously guilty but I don’t know why Chen looked guiltier than the sinner.

KyungSoo then wiped his tears and sat back at his place. Tao quickly stood up and began,” Time is sometimes too fast and too slow for humans, depending on their conception of it. But for me, time was something easy to bend like the bamboo bending in the breeze.”