The Awakening

Their Powers

(Narrator’s POV)

Choi was panicking already but she didn’t want to ask Luhan for help. She’ll never do that, even if Chen’s life was at stake too. She’ll never ask help from Luhan. She looked around with a panicked expression, mumbling,” They’ll surely laugh at me if I don’t bring her back to normal.”

Luhan was watching with amusement on his face. “That stupid female…” He laughed. His jaw hurt from that since it’s been a long time since he watched quality entertainment. “I guess I should help her though. Suho will kill me if I don’t,” he said as he pointed at one of the boulders and moved his finger, making the boulder hit Choi, crashing her to a tree. “Sweet revenge,” he whistled as he jumped down.

Choi was out so no one could see Luhan try to calm down Sujin. Good. He approached Sujin and smirked. Sujin was only looking down, she wasn’t moving. The grasses by her feet were already dying and her side of the forest was turning into a cemetery slowly. “Sujin…” He called out. Sujin wasn’t responding.

“Answer me, stupid,” he insulted her. Sujin lifted her head, and Luhan noticed the mark on Sujin’s neck glowing. “What..? How can that happen? I thought it only happens in myths,” Luhan’s eyes widened and he stepped back. Sujin’s eyes went completely blank. They didn’t show any fear of Luhan now, or of anything. She was a completely different person.

“Sujin..?” Luhan tried to call for her attention. Sujin smiled a bit which was unusual. She would never smile in front of Luhan. Her background became distorted and so does their surroundings. “What’s happening?” Luhan asked her, trying to keep his composure. Sujin didn’t answer him vocally, she only shook her head at his question.

“Luhan! Come here, young boy!” A familiar voice echoed in the living room. It was oddly familiar for Luhan and then he remembered. This was the same living room they had when he was younger… when his parents were still alive. “Why did you take me here?” He narrowed his eyes on her. She still didn’t speak.

Maybe her wolf took over.

Luhan thought. “Speak, I know you have a voice,” Luhan commanded. Sujin looked at him but didn’t open . ‘Nice to meet you, Luhan,’ a voice reverberated in his mind. He didn’t see her lips moving and this wasn’t Sujin’s voice. “Are you her wolf?” Luhan asked. ‘Tsk, tsk, well, it’s not important now, is it? It’s dangerous to trigger her power you know. You woke me up,’ the voice told him.

A boy suddenly ran through him which completely crept him out. “Papa! Can we go play soccer now?” He heard the younger him say. It was nostalgic. Luhan was filled with innocence… with love back then. “Why are you showing me this?” Luhan turned to Sujin. She was only watching what was happening and didn’t pay him any attention.

Their surroundings suddenly changed again. The coaches were ripped apart. The walls were painted with blood. There was a body of a woman lying on the ground. Luhan stared at the body with horror on his face. “Mama…” He whispered.

“Stop this madness, Han! What’s happening to you?!” Luhan’s father shouted, grabbing his own arm which was bleeding. “Stop this,” Luhan muttered. The younger Luhan had a blood thirsty smirk on his face, controlling the knives that were circling around him. “Papa, I’m so tired of being around you…” Younger Luhan looked at his father.

Their surroundings suddenly blurred. And Sujin was getting weak. She suddenly fell to her knees and then fell flat on the floor. The mark vanished into her neck and Luhan was left speechless. “What the hell was that?” Luhan held his head. “And that my deer boy, is her full potential,” he heard Choi clap behind him. “Are you sure you want an enemy that strong?” She smirked. Luhan only stared at the sleeping figure of the dark she-wolf.

(Sujin’s POV)

I woke up in the building and my head was throbbing. It’s like I’ve used up all of my mind power and I don’t even remember anything. I was alone in that room and didn’t hear anything. Where were the others?

I forced myself to sit up, it was really hurting me. ‘How’s your rest?’ My wolf asked me, her voice was very gentle. “Fine,” I whispered. ‘Good. But rest more, your body’s really weak,’ my wolf said. I nodded lightly. But the question suddenly popped up in my mind.

Why was I in the room? How did I get here?

“What happened after I passed out?” I asked. My wolf didn’t answer and was silent. She was always like this. She sometimes disappears from my mind that I can’t call her. Weird for a wolf if you ask me.

I lied down again and turned my head towards the door. “Why am I alone?” I whispered. After a few minutes, I decided to force my body to move and get out of bed. I was having trouble walking, and used the wall as the support. “Hello..?” I called out. No one answered. I limped towards the front door and I saw all of them, surrounding someone.

“Chen..? What’s happening?” I called out to the nearest member. Chen perked his head towards me and shook his head, as if he was saying it was better if I saw myself then he turned back to the center. I was having trouble walking there but I made it.

“But that’s… impossible!” Suho reacted. Choi only nodded. “But possible,” she pointed out. “Luhan almost peed his pants, I’m sure of it,” she teased, earning a glare from Luhan. “This is a serious matter, Choi. No fun and jokes about this,” Luhan said. “It’s not the time to argue, you two,” Kris frowned.

“Look, she’s here,” Tao pointed at me. “You know it’s bad to point,” Choi said as she gave me a welcoming smile. “Had a good sleep, sunshine?” She asked me. I nodded lightly. “Do you remember anything?” Luhan coldly asked. I shook my head. Luhan looked relieved after hearing my answer.

I saw the wolves whispering to one another while eyeing me. “Do you feel anything unusual?” Suho asked with a worried expression on his face. “My mind hurts, that’s mostly it,” I answered him. “Sujin, I think it’s better if you don’t go to school for now, if you don’t want to hurt any of those humans,” Kris told me. It was weird hearing it from him and I clearly don’t understand what he’s saying.

I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to comprehend the new command. “What? Not go to school?” I asked, trying to get confirmation about what I heard. Kris nodded.

“It’s for the safety of the kind you’ve grown up with, at the same time it’s for the safety of the kind you hated these years.”