제 6 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Mr Jung’s Mansion

            It was another sunny day at Mr Jung’s mansion. HaNa woke up early that day and got dressed before she walked downstairs to find her maid already served the breakfast on the dining table. HaNa looked around and found her father was not there. She sat down and started to eat her breakfast. The menu of that day was scrambled eggs and bacon along with orange juice for her and coffee for her father. She noticed that there was a left over in the cup and she assumed that her father had eaten breakfast and was changing his clothes to his office wear. HaNa was almost finished with her breakfast when she saw LuHan’s figure entered the dining room.

            “HaNa!” He greeted her cheerfully and waved his hand at her as he approached her. HaNa raised her eyebrows in surprised.

            “You’re here again?” HaNa asked him and LuHan pouted when he heard her question. He sat on the chair beside her.

            “Is it wrong? I just don’t want you to be sad. Are you not happy with my presence?” He asked and showed her his hurt face. HaNa giggled and finished her breakfast.

          “Of course I’m happy. Plus, I’m bored at home. I really want to go to my shop. Why doesn't appa let me to go for work?” HaNa asked and gulped her last portion of orange juice. LuHan tilted his head to the side as he looked at her with a confused face.

          “Did you forget? The doctor said that you have to rest when you passed out that day. That is why I come and see you. I’m worried about you.” LuHan said. He was getting weird with HaNa’s behaviour since the day he came from China. HaNa’s eyebrows furrowed.

            “Really? I don’t remember it.” She said. She did not remember that she passed out before and her father never told her anything about what the doctor said.

         “HaNa, I will be leaving now.” Mr Jung said to HaNa as he walked down the stairs. He smiled at HaNa and also LuHan. He was the one who called LuHan to accompany HaNa today because he could not leave his office. Mr Jung fixed his tie as his legs reached the last floor. HaNa stood up from her seat and walked towards her father. LuHan followed her.

            “Alright, appa. Be careful.” HaNa said and kissed her father’s cheek. Mr Jung smiled and kissed her temple. He looked at LuHan who was smiling upon the scene in front of him.

            “LuHan-ah, please take care of HaNa. I’m so worried about her.” He said to LuHan and LuHan nodded his head.

            “I will, HeeChul-ssi.” LuHan answered. HaNa frowned when she listened to her father’s word and hit him by the arm, lightly.

            “What are you talking about, appa? I’m just fine here.” She pouted, gaining chuckles from LuHan and her father.

            “We have to listen to what the doctor said. I’m going now.” Mr Jung said and walked towards the door. HaNa and LuHan trailed behind to send him off at the door. After Mr Jung entered his car, the car drove away. HaNa looked at LuHan after the car disappeared from their sight. LuHan was also doing the same.

            “So, what are we going to do today?” HaNa asked and raised her eyebrows. She crossed her arms on her chest. LuHan pursed his lips as he was thinking something that they can do to fill their leisure time. His eyes wandered around the living room and spotted a grand piano there.

          “Hey, what do you say if we play the piano? We loved to play piano a long time ago.” LuHan suggested and walked towards the white piano. HaNa smiled as she remembered the memory of playing piano with LuHan. She nodded her head and walked towards the same direction of LuHan.

            “Yes, I remember that.” She said as she settled down beside LuHan who sat in front of the piano. HaNa saw LuHan’s hand grabbed a music note in front of them.

            “Hey, there’s a music piece. Is it yours?” LuHan asked and flipped the piece. HaNa also looked at the music notes and frowned when she realised something.

           “It’s mine but I don’t remember having a music note of this song. Fixed Star?” HaNa eyed the piece. She was sure it was her but she swore she never heard of a song with Fixed Star as the title. LuHan played a bit of the notes of the song and found that the melody was beautiful.

            “The melody is beautiful though. Let me play it for you.” LuHan said and placed the music notes in front of him. He eyed the music note and his slender fingers started to hit the keys. HaNa kept quiet by his side as she enjoyed the melody that the piano made. As she listened to the melody for a few moment, her heart clenched and she frowned. She felt like wanted to cry and she did not know why. There was an urge feeling inside her and it made her hands trembled.

            “LuHan… LuHan…” She called him and pulled LuHan’s finger from playing the piano. Now, her whole body was trembling. LuHan looked at her and was shocked to see her state.

            “What’s wrong, HaNa?”

            “Stop… Stop…” HaNa said. Her eyes was wandering around and she closed her eyes as she clenched her hand onto LuHan’s shirt. LuHan was worried because HaNa looked frightened.

            “HaNa, you’re trembling. Are you okay?” LuHan asked while intertwined their fingers and squeeze it to comfort her.

            “I don’t want to listen to the piano again.” She said, almost like pleading. LuHan nodded immediately and hugged her to ease her.

            “Alright, alright. Calm down, HaNa.” He said and continued to comfort her. HaNa and LuHan did not know that right now, HaNa did not even remember a single thing about what happened between her and WooHyun which caused her to feel all the sadness she supposed to feel without remembering anything. In her memory, there was only LuHan and her father. WooHyun was completely gone from her memory since the day he died without anyone knowing it.

At Myeong-dong

            There were many cars around the street as Myeong-dong was the place for the citizens to shop. The street always had a heavy traffic especially when it was during the end of the month and also when it was nearing a celebration. There were also people who preferred to take public transports and walked around the street with their shopping bags in their hands. Among the people, there was RiYoung, standing in front of the zebra crossing, wanted to cross the road. She was waiting for the light for pedestrians to light up. There was nothing on her hand except for her sling bag that she was holding with her right hand. She was there because she just went to the police station to get some informations about SungJong. Police did not find him yet and it made her worried. She pitied his family and she hoped that they could find SungJong dead or alive. However, as his fiancée of course she was hoping that SungJong would be found alive. She was lonely without SungJong and she missed him so much. Sometimes she would cry alone but most of the time, she was being a tough woman.

            At the other side of the zebra cross, there was also HaNa who wanted to go and meet LuHan at Starlight Moonlight Café. As she was waiting the light to light up, she looked at the road in front of her and saw someone who her heart felt attached to and was waving his hand at her. It was actually WooHyun’s image but as HaNa did not remember him, she frowned when she saw the image was waving at her.

            “Who is that? Did he call me?” HaNa asked herself and she was sure that the man she was seeing right now which actually an image was calling her. He kept throwing her invisible hearts and called her to come over. HaNa felt curious of that person and she started to cross the road without bothering the other vehicles on that busy road. RiYoung who happened to see HaNa was crossing the road had her eyes widened and she gasped.

    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter