제 29 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Han River

            It was noon in Seoul but the cloud had covered the Sun and it was the time for Seoul residents to notice that it was going to rain anytime soon. However, it was not the same to two figures who were standing in the middle of a basketball court near the Han River. They were too occupied with their matters that they did not notice the weather. SungGyu was standing in front of ShinAe but with his back facing her. He was looking at the ground and waited for ShinAe to say something to him. He knew that what they were going to discuss today would not give a good outcome to both of them but he needed to be there that day. He had to end it.

            “You chose her over me.” SungGyu’s ears jerked up when he heard ShinAe spoke to him. He sighed before turning around and faced her.

            “I’m sorry, ShinAe. I just thought that you were able to save your life since you’re working with police.” SungGyu said while looking at her face. Her disappointment face was still there.

            “You never understand me, SungGyu. Tell me, if you were in my shoes at that time, what would you feel? Knowing that you were going to die in an evil’s hand. You yourself did not know what you were supposed to do when you looked at me that day.”

            “ShinAe… I…” SungGyu wanted to explain more about his choice that day but he was cut by ShinAe.

            “You care for her, SungGyu.” SungGyu frowned upon that.

            “What?”

            “I know. I heard that Zico called you and threatened to kill DanBi if you didn't come alone. So you chose her over me when he asked you to choose. You came just for her. Seriously, SungGyu? You don’t see your feeling?” ShinAe looked at SungGyu in disbelief when she saw his confused face. SungGyu shook his head and slipped his hand into his pocket.

            “I’m sorry, ShinAe.” He apologised again and that was the time ShinAe broke into tears. She was hurt that SungGyu did not have anything to say to her except for apologising. She did not want that. She wanted something other than that. She wanted him to show that he still cared even though he was her ex-boyfriend.

            “From the way you talk to me, I know that you don’t have the heart to be with me again. Just be honest, SungGyu. You never love me, right?” ShinAe said in between her silent sob. SungGyu once again felt bad when she was crying while asking him that question. He did not want to hurt her but he could not lie to himself and especially ShinAe. He could not lie to her because she saw everything.

            “I loved you, ShinAe but not with all my heart.” SungGyu lowered his head after he said that. It was true that he loved her and he appreciated her presence but he knew that that time he was not able to accept her with all his heart.

            “I’m sorry, ShinAe.” SungGyu said and let out a sigh after that. He hated himself for kept saying sorry to her but he knew it was for the better. He then turned around and walked away, leaving the heartbroken ShinAe alone in the middle of the basketball court. ShinAe was already crying hard when SungGyu left. She trailed his retreating figure with her teary eyes. A few moments later, her view was blurred by the rain. ShinAe fell on her knees and she kept sobbing to herself.

            “I love you, SungGyu.” She said that in the rain. Her hand travelled to where her heart was placed. It was aching and she swore she never felt it before. SungGyu was the first person to make her feel like this. She loved him, she loved him with all her heart. She started it off by being a fan of him but he changed it by giving her his name card and they proceeded their relationship by being friends. The happiest moment for her was when he asked her to be his girlfriend. She still remembered the feeling when she fell off the bed just because she was too overjoyed with it. She still remembered their first date. It was the first time he ever kissed her and it continued every time they met each other.

However, things started to change little by little after she met MinNeul. She was not stupid to know that SungGyu loved her and that was the time she felt insecure. She did not mean to make him annoyed with her. She just loved him so much and she hated the fact that he was trying to replace MinNeul by using her. She knew that SungGyu was confused and she understood it but she did not expect that he could hurt her like this. And without she even realised, her coorporation with DongWoo had made SungGyu to be close with DanBi and slowly, he was developing his feelings for her. One thing that ShinAe would want to ask him was, why not her? Why could he not develop any feelings for her like he did for DanBi? DanBi was nothing near MinNeul. At the thought of that, ShinAe continued to sob. Maybe she was not good enough for him, maybe she didn't worth anything to him but whatever it was, she still loved him like a fool. ShinAe looked up when she felt that her body was no longer drenched by the rain. An umbrella was covering her and she was surprised to see the person who was holding the umbrella.

“DongWoo?”

 

At DanBi’s Dental Clinic

            DanBi was sitting in her office alone. The clinic was closed that day but she was there because she did not want to be at home. Since the day JiHo was arrested, his mother was wailing over her children. Well, who would not? All of her children were now in prison and she was heartbroken by that. It was not the reason she raised them. She wanted them to be successful in their lives but then they did that to her. DanBi could not stand seeing her aunt like that and that was why she came to her clinic. Furthermore, it would make her aunt’s heart ache more if she saw her in the house. It would remind her of what her children had done to DanBi. DanBi sighed upon that thought and she looked at the door. A few minutes ago, someone had gone out from the room through the door. Yes, someone did find her there and that was no other than DongWoo. DanBi closed her eyes as she remembered what happened a few minutes ago.

            “I’m sorry, DongWoo and thank you for saving me. Thank you for everything. I finally understand what you did for INFINITE and me.” DanBi said monotonously.

            “DanBi, why don’t we fix our relationship?” DongWoo asked. He did not want to lose DanBi even after what had happened all these while. He knew they could fix their relationship but it takes two to make it happen.

            “The moment I saw you reached her first, I can’t even tell the world how disappointed I was. Especially when I had put through everything that I heard about you and her. I'd seen both of you together before, though. I can’t accept it, DongWoo. I can’t accept that you’re happier with her.” DanBi continued to let out her disappointment. DongWoo shook his head when she said that.

            “No, DanBi. We can fix it. We can, DanBi.” He persuaded her again. He still loved her and he did not know why she said he was happier when he was with ShinAe. DongWoo had no feelings for ShinAe and he was sure of it. It was his mistake that day that he forgot about her and maybe it was because it had been a long time since he was with her. However, he knew that it was not enough to explain.  DanBi shook her head, refused to agree with DongWoo. She knew they could fix it but she did not have the heart especially when everything had happened because of her family. Yes, no matter what happened DanBi would never abandon the Choi’s family. They gave her shelter and they took care of her when her parents were not here. Plus, the Choi siblings was close to her since they were kids.

            “I’m sorry, DongWoo but I think… I don’t want to have anything to do with INFINITE anymore.” DanBi said. That was it. She did not want to be related to INFINITE anymore. She wanted to move on. After the kidnapping incident, she was thinking about a lot of things until she realised that she was the cause of all the miseries that happened in INFINITE. If she did not introduce MyungSoo to SeRa, SeRa would not have fallen for him. She would not harm any of the girls and she would not end up in prison. Her brother wouldn't have taken revenge for her and any of this would not happen. That was all DanBi thought but she did not realise that everything happened with a choice. It was their choice, not hers. DongWoo shook his head as he looked at DanBi in disbelief.

            “DanBi…” He breathed out her name in plead and DanBi just looked away.

            DanBi was surprised when she heard noises from outside and she let out a gasp when she saw that the last person she wanted to see was standing by the door frame as he opened the door.

            “Wha-what brought you here, oppa?” DanBi asked while stammering. She was stunned to see him in front of her. SungGyu walked in and closed the door behind him. He looked at DanBi in the eyes and wasted no time to say something to her.

            “I… I love you, DanBi.” He confessed and with that, tears streamed down DanBi’s cheek. Don’t do this to me, oppa.

            “Don’t be nonsense, oppa.” DanBi said and shook her head. She looked away as she was afraid to look at him in the eyes. She knew if she looked at him, she would know how sincere he was at that time. Meanwhile for SungGyu, he was there at that day after figure out his own feeling. After his confrontation with ShinAe, he was thinking about a lot of thing and that when he came up with a conclusion. Shin Ae was right. He loved DanBi.

            “No, ShinAe is right. I care for you. The moment I heard that he will kill you, I didn’t think of any other things except for saving you. I completely forgot that ShinAe was there too and I forgot that I had to wait for the police to plan for us. It was you that I kept thinking of when I was on my way there. I just realised that I needed you in many ways but I know you’re still DongWoo’s girlfriend.” SungGyu confessed and it made DanBi felt suffocated. She wanted to reply him so bad but she had to turn him down. She was stern with her decision.

            “I’m sorry, oppa. I don’t want to have anything to do with INFINITE anymore. I can’t accept what had happened and I can’t accept…” DanBi did not continue her sentence by lips but she continued it in her heart. I can’t accept my feeling for you.

            “I’m sorry, oppa.” She said and looked down immediately. SungGyu came closer to her. He was not going to give up. It was the first time he felt so determined to have someone and he was not going to let it go just like that.

            “DanBi… please. Give me a chance.” He pleaded. DanBi looked up to see his face with her teary eyes and she kept silent when she saw how determined he was.

 

At Starlight Moonlight Café

            “ChanByul had a fiancé named Lee SungMin. He’s the same age as me if he is alive. They were engaged when they were in high school since their family loved to see them together. SungMin died when he was in his final year of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter