제 24 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Cemetery

            It was raining in Seoul that day and HaNa found herself standing in front of the cemetery while holding a blue umbrella that she used to protect herself from the rain. She took a deep breath before she decided to enter and walk towards a grave that she wanted to visit the most since she got her memories back. It was her first time there but it felt like her heart already know where it was placed and she just followed her heart while her eyes searching for a tomb with the name Nam WooHyun. She found it minutes later and smiled when she saw the location. It was right under a shady tree. She walked towards it and squatted down when she reached the grave. She observed the grave until finally her eyes landed on the tomb and she stared at it. Nam WooHyun. That was the name carved on the tomb. She formed a bitter smile on her face not long after that.

            “WooHyun-ah, I can’t believe it that you’re gone. There’s no more WooHyun to make me laugh, there’s no more the naughty and cheesy WooHyun, there’s no more WooHyun who would say that he loves me every day.” HaNa could feel her tears forming already but then she tried to swallow it inside as she made the speech.

            “I don’t know why my memories are gone but now I got it back.” HaNa stopped talking and tried to control her tears by inhaling a deep breath.

            “WooHyun-ah, I’m married… to LuHan.” At the mention of her husband’s name, HaNa could not hold it back anymore as her tears streamed down her cheek. It was just a sentence that she said but in her mind, there were so many things that she thought of. She never regret marrying LuHan but after she thought that all of these happened not long after WooHyun was dead and the fact that she lost memories about him, it made her heart break especially when the ‘what if’ things came across her mind. What if WooHyun was still alive? What if she was not married to LuHan? What if she did not lose her memories? It made her scared for a moment because she was not supposed to question it but then she knew she had to face the music. Everything happened for a reason and she convinced herself to be tough and calm.

            “We’ll meet again, WooHyun. I love you. I will always remember your words.” HaNa said with a sob and immediately stood up. She walked away as she continued to sob. She did not have the confidence to stay there for a long time. She had a lot to say in front of him but she could not make it when she was drown with sadness by the time she started talking. She would come back again when she was strong enough.

At LuHan and HaNa’s House

            HaNa stepped into the living room and put aside her umbrella. She looked around the living room for a while to make sure that there was no one in the house. She walked pass the coffee table after that and noticed a newspaper on the table. She took a look at it and sighed at the headline. ‘Jung Corporation Announce Bankruptcy’, that was the headline for that day. Well, she did not need the newspaper to know about it anyway since her appa kept calling her, telling her what LuHan had done to the company. His appa was wondering about the reason LuHan did all of this since he was the CEO of the company now but HaNa never answered the question. She knew the reason LuHan did not care about it. He had an underground business which she knew it was way more successful than Jung Corporation. She also knew that LuHan wanted to put her appa in humiliation by ruining his company's reputation. She then remembered that her appa wanted her to get out from the house and file a divorce. HaNa did not want it yet, not until LuHan decided it for both of them. HaNa closed her eyes while sighing and went upstairs to her room. She sat on the couch and stared at the wall before finally sobbing by herself.

            “Why? Why do you add in more misery in my life? I lost WooHyun and I thought I’ll be okay after I married you.” HaNa said in her sob. She hated the fact that she was not able to hate LuHan even after what he had done. That was the reason why she wanted LuHan to decide it for them. She wished she was able to fix all of these but then she knew she could not. She had no power in herself to fix all of these anymore because LuHan did not treat her as his wife. That made her think that she had no right at all to say anything to him except for accepting what had happened and let out her anger that would bring nothing but a satisfaction to LuHan. HaNa palmed her face and poured her tears on her palm that the tears streamed down her fingers. She did not realize that LuHan was already home and was standing at the doorframe, holding the doorknob while staring at her.

            “HaNa…” He called her softly and walked towards her slowly.

            “Why are you crying?” He asked. There was a sense of concern in his tone but HaNa did not realise it as she was surprised to see him there. She looked up before looking away.

            “Get out.” She said and wiped her tears, trying to calm her sob as well.

            “Are you not feeling well?”

            “Get out, LuHan. I don’t need you and you don’t need me too.” She said monotonously.

            “Who said that I don’t need you?” LuHan replied as he continued to stare at her red face. Her eyes were swollen from crying and her nose was red that he was able to see it even though the room was shone by the moonlight. HaNa chuckled, bringing confusion to LuHan as his eyebrows met.

            “Yeah, right. You need me for your revenge plan, right? Jung Corporation is gone now and as a wife, I would like to congratulate you for getting what you want all these while.” LuHan looked at HaNa’s face when she was telling him that and he could not help but to step closer to reach her. Her face was expressionless but he saw the broken feeling from her eyes. Her tone was monotonous too. He wanted to reach her and hug her but HaNa extended her hand to stop him.

            “Don’t come closer to me. You’re not the LuHan I knew. In fact, I don’t know who I am married to at all.” HaNa heard LuHan’s sigh. She was confused at that time and she hated it. LuHan was supposed to treat her badly or laughing at her for her misery but his action that night was total opposite to what she expected. HaNa jerked her head backward when she saw his hand tried to wipe her tears. She pushed his hand away lazily.

            “Just get out, LuHan. You must be tired.” LuHan inhaled a deep breath and HaNa saw he nodded his head before he turned around and left her. She knew he looked at her for one last time before he closed the door completely.

            “You’re such a jerk, LuHan. Why did you still want to wipe my tears after all of these?” HaNa mumbled and moved her eyes to a photo frame beside the couch, her wedding photo.

 

At ChanByul’s House

            SungMin was sitting in the living room alone. He had nothing to do that day as something was planned in his mind since yesterday. He looked at the ticking clock and looked outside the window, where he could see the only road to get to the house. It was 2 o’clock in the evening and it had been 6 hours since ChanByul left the house.

            “I think this is the perfect time to get into the room.” SungMin said and walked towards ChanByul’s room to look for the key of the room he wanted to enter. He tried to not move anything obvious so that ChanByul would never know that he had entered her room. He opened all the drawers to search for the key. His lips formed a smile when he found a bunch of keys in one of the drawers he opened. He took the keys till he reached in front of the room. He tried the keys and not until his seventh try, he managed to unlock the door with the correct key. He ignored the other keys and walked into the room as his eyes wandered around to look if there was anything suspicious. He was surprised to see there was a television in the room.

            “So this house does have a television and ChanByul lied to me about it.” SungMin said in disbelief. He observed the television to see if it was functioning and to his shock, the television was still in a good condition when he switched it on. His eyes then moved to a wireless telephone beside the television. SungMin could not believe that the house actually had all of these and yet ChanByul lied to him for not having a television or telephone in the house that ended up causing him to be bored and was forced to read the boring storybooks. SungMin sighed and continued to look around the room. He discovered a rack of books and walked towards it. There was a section where photo albums were arranged neatly. SungMin pulled one of the photo albums and his eyebrows furrowed when he saw what was written on the photo album’s cover.

            “Engagement Day?” SungMin read it and flipped the album open. He l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter