제 12 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Mr Jung’s Mansion

            “Is there anything that you’re calling me, HeeChul-ssi? Where is HaNa?” LuHan asked as he settled down on a couch in the living room. He was sitting opposite Mr Jung who seemed to have been waiting for him since just now. He received a call from Mr Jung that morning who invited him to his house. LuHan was a bit curious about the meeting because Mr Jung did not mention anything related to HaNa. Usually, if he wanted to ask LuHan’s help he would mention HaNa’s name. But when he did not mention anything about that girl, he got a feeling that it was about something else.

            “HaNa is upstairs. She’s resting.” Mr Jung answered and sat straight.

            “What’s the matter, HeeChul-ssi?” LuHan asked again and he started to be serious.

            “You know what has happened to HaNa, right? She forgets about WooHyun. She’s not losing her memory but she does not remember anything about WooHyun. I’m worried about her.” Mr Jung said and sighed when he remembered about HaNa’s condition. As her father, he noticed it from the first day HaNa woke up from her faint.

            “I noticed it too. I’m worried about her.” LuHan said with concern. He was curious about the cause of what happened to HaNa but he could not figure out anything. He also did not know what would make HaNa remember about WooHyun. He assumed that maybe HaNa was too heartbrokened when she heard about his death.

            “With her condition like that, she can’t take over the company.” Mr Jung continued and LuHan’s eyes widened upon that. He was taken aback from the news.

            “You want to let go of your company?” He asked in disbelief. He did not think it was the right time for Mr Jung to leave the company because he was still healthy to take care of it. But he would respect his decision no matter what because he must have his own reasons for that. Mr Jung nodded. He had planned something and he was going to tell LuHan about this.

            “So I hope... you could ask her.”

            “Ask her what?” Mr Jung paused a bit and LuHan grew nervous out of nowhere.

            “Ask her to marry you so that I can pass my position to you.” Mr Jung said and looked at LuHan straight on his face. LuHan’s eyes widened and he gasped in surprise. He understood completely what Mr Jung was trying to do. He wanted to give him the title CEO of Jung Corporation.

            “You choose me, HeeChul-ssi?” LuHan asked for confirmation. He was still in his shock state. Mr Jung nodded calmly even though he hated LuHan years ago but as time passed by, he knew he could believe in LuHan to take care of HaNa and also his company. Plus, LuHan was a successful businessman too.

            “Yes. I believe in you to take care of HaNa and Jung Corporation.”

            “But HeeChul-ssi... HaNa...” Mr Jung knew what LuHan wanted to tell him. HaNa was his ex-girlfriend and he found it hard to make her his again especially after WooHyun came into the picture. However, he found it as a small matter because HaNa did not remember WooHyun at all and she seemed to not getting back her memory in a short time.

            “Both of you were lovers before this, right? There’s no way she will forget her feeling for you before. Plus, love can be nurtured from time to time.” Mr Jung said.

            “I will try, HeeChul-ssi.” LuHan answered and Mr Jung felt relieved. LuHan did not reject his offer at all and now he was sure it was all depend on HaNa whether she wanted to marry LuHan or not.

            “Thank you, LuHan. I know you still love her.” Mr Jung said with a smile. What he said had gained an agreed nod from LuHan.

            “I still love her and I will always love her, HeeChul-ssi.” LuHan confessed. Mr Jung nodded and chuckled. He was beyond happy today and he was hoping that HaNa would agree with his plan. It was not like he was having problem or he was sick that he wanted to let go of his position as the CEO but he was tired of his work. He thought it was already the time for him to rest and enjoyed his life. However, HaNa was sick and he got a feeling that LuHan could help him if he passed it to him. But he had to get LuHan and HaNa married in order to convince the director board because they were a bit sensitive when the position was handed to someone who did not have any relationship with him. Thus, he wanted LuHan to be his son-in-law to give him the position. He sighed silently as he remembered of WooHyun. If WooHyun was still alive, he was sure that HaNa would take the position and then he would let them marry each other and live together. Unfortunately, God loves him more and he died, leaving HaNa who lost all the memory of him.

 

At ChanByul’s House

            ChanByul had gone to work and once again warned SungMin to not leave the house when she went to work. SungMin just nodded but did not utter a word to her. It was not like he did not want to obey her but he could not control himself from sitting alone in the house and doing nothing. As soon as ChanByul left the house, SungMin took the book she bought for him and read it. After two hours, SungMin finally finished the 700 pages book and put it aside. He sat straight from his lying position on the couch and rubbed his face with his palms.

            “Oh my God! I’m so bored!” SungMin yelled in frustration and stretched his body a little. He looked around the house and sighed.

            “There’s nothing that I can do here. I should ask for a TV and radio from her.” SungMin pouted as he eyed the living room. He felt weird though because in this house there was no TV and radio. His eyebrows frowned when he realised there was no phone in this house too and he never saw ChanByul using one. SungMin shrugged it off as he thought maybe ChanByul really did not need all of that because she was busy working and by looking at her simple house, he knew maybe she did not have enough money to buy all of that. SungMin stood up and walked towards the window. He really wanted to go out but his mind was fighting whether he should go or not. Eventually, he chose to go out.

            “I’m going out. ChanByul will never know about it though.” SungMin said and took the keys of the house before he opened the door and stepped outside. He locked the house and walked happily to the town. He did not fully wonder around the town that day because he was frightened by the girl who claimed him as SungJong. He was hoping that he would not meet the girl again.

At Town

            To SungMin’s dismay, RiYoung was there again at the town. She was there for almost one hour and was waiting for him at a restaurant. She did not want to give up because her heart was telling her that the man she saw that day was SungJong. However, she had to discover the reason SungJong did not admit it that he did not know her. RiYoung pursed her lips as her eyes wondered around and finally, her eyes spotted the person she was looking for. She stood up and ran towards SungMin.

            “SungJong, wait!” She called him. SungMin turned around and was surprised when he saw her again. He wanted to run away again but RiYoung was faster than him. She held his arm tightly to prevent him from running away from her again.

            “Miss, I don’t even know you!” SungMin said, raising his tone a bit as his heart was thumping faster when RiYoung landed her hand on his arm. He felt the warmth and he was actually comfortable with it but he was scared because he did not know the girl.

            “Please! I need to explain to you why I call you SungJong. Please…” RiYoung said as she searched his eyes. Her heart was becoming more sure when she looked into his eyes. They were the eyes she used to look into lovingly and it were also the eyes that always looked at her with passion. SungMin softened when he saw her hopeful face. He sighed and shrugged. It was not wrong if he could sit and had a talk with her though. He just had to listen. It was not like the girl would kidnap him. SungMin nodded at her.

            “Alright.” He said and RiYoung smiled widely when he agreed. Both of them decided to walk back to the restaurant where RiYoung waited for him just now and ordered a drink for each of them before they started their talk.

            “Lee SungJong is my fiancé. We’re supposed to get married this year. He got involved in an accident last two weeks and he is missing. He got into accident around this area so that’s why I search for him at this town.” RiYoung started her story and looked at SungMin to observe his reaction. She was a bit upset when she saw SungMin did not have any reaction to her story. He just looked at her and waited for her to continue her story.

            “Lee SungJong is a singer from the group INFINITE. Your face really looks like him. The bandage on your head make m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter