제 2 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Before The Dawn Motorbike Center

            The atmosphere at Before The Dawn Motorbike Center was as usual. Some of the workers were giving their best services to the customers and some of them were busy repairing all the bikes that were sent by the customers. HaNa also joined her workers instead of sitting like an idiot in her air-conditioned room. It was already her habit to join her workers since she was interested in motorbikes since she was 14. However, it seemed today HaNa’s hands were working on the bike but her mind went somewhere else. One of her workers noticed it. Her worker nudged her by the elbow and HaNa was startled. She looked at her worker and sighed.

            “Hey, boss. What’s with that face?” The worker said while pointing at HaNa’s gloomy face. HaNa sighed once again and pouted.          

            “I have a bad feeling today.” HaNa said and continued to repair the bike in front of her. She was almost finished with the bike hence she was determined to finish it by today. From what she heard from her workers, the owner of this bike was a bit fussy thus they handed it to her to fix it. They did not have any guts to face that customer. It would be easy if HaNa handled it directly.

            “What’s wrong, boss?” The worker asked again.

            “WooHyun went to Paris.” HaNa said, still pouting. Her worker laughed and shook his head. HaNa raised her eyebrows and looked at her worker, wondering why was he laughing when she was worried with what she felt.

            “Aigoo! You’re worried or you miss him so much?” Her worker said and continued to laugh. For information, all of her workers already knew that WooHyun was her boyfriend but none of them knew or noticed that he was an idol since WooHyun was good at hiding his identity as an idol. HaNa frowned and hit her worker’s arm.

            “You’re the same as WooHyun! Go and do your work!” HaNa scold him in frustration and the worker laughed even more. He shook his head and stood up to do his work.

            “You gotta chill, boss.” He said and walked away. HaNa closed her eyes and inhaled a deep breath. She did not know why but since the moment she hung up the call with WooHyun, her instincts told her that something bad was going to happen but she did not know what it was. She had called her father and her father was perfectly fine working in his company. She then looked around her shop to see whether something was wrong but she found nothing. HaNa settled down in her office since she did not have any heart to repair the motorbikes anymore. Plus, the shop was going to be closed after this. She tried to calm herself but then someone barged into her office with a panic face. HaNa straightened her body when she saw her father, Mr Jung.

            “HaNa!” Mr Jung called her. He was breathing heavily and that made HaNa frowned when she saw his condition.

            “Appa, why did you enter like a ninja?” HaNa asked and approached her father. She pulled him to the couch and sat there with him. Mr Jung held both of her hands and faced her. HaNa felt strange with her father’s behaviour.

            “HaNa-ya, did you know about it already? Have you watched the news?” Mr Jung asked, his voice was trembling. HaNa shook her head.

            “Appa, we don’t have any televisions here. This is a motorbike shop, not an electrical appliances shop.” HaNa replied and now Mr Jung was worried. He did not know how to tell her the bad news. But no matter what, he had to. She had the rights to know what happened. Mr Jung looked at his daughter’s confused face and cleared his throat.

            “WooHyun…”

            “What’s wrong with WooHyun?” HaNa asked. Her father was making her nervous.

            “He died, in a plane crash. The plane exploded and crashed.” Mr Jung said and observed his daughter. HaNa froze when she heard the first sentence. Her face was pale and her eyes did not even blink. Mr Jung was getting panic. He knew his daughter’s feeling right now. It was the same feeling he had when his wife who was also HaNa’s mom died years ago.

           “HaNa-ya…” Mr Jung held both of her shoulders but HaNa did not respond to him. Her mind was processing what had happened and also the last call she had with WooHyun. Not to forget, her bad feeling since that morning too.

            “HaNa…” Mr Jung called her again and finally HaNa looked at him. Her face was still and suddenly she had difficulty to talk.

            “Appa…” She called him and Mr Jung caressed her cheek. He almost wanted to cry when he saw his daughter like this.

            “Yes, dear?”

            “WooHyun…”

            “I'm sorry, HaNa.” Mr Jung said with his trembling voice. He was fighting with the urge to cry. He told himself already that he could not cry in front of her because he had to support her, to calm her.

            “He is…” HaNa continued and was looking at an empty space. Mr Jung shook his head and hugged her tightly. He landed her head on his chest and he caressed her back and her hair. HaNa did not hug his father back. She still wanted to continue her sentence just now.

            “Gone…”

           “I know it's hard but I'm here for you, love.” Mr Jung said and HaNa still did not reply to any of his words. Her mind was blank and then she passed out. Mr Jung was panic and immediately called a doctor. Little did he notice, there was a tear streaming down her cheek.

In A Car

            SungJong was driving his own car to Jamsil. He had a schedule to attend there and refused to let his manager to come with him because he had a relative there and was going to stay for a night. He was a bit excited actually because he was fianlly chosen to be a guest of Running Man. He had been dying of jealousy when he heard that MyungSoo and SungGyu had the chance to be the guests last time. There was once he begged his president to do whatever so that he could participate in the show and maybe today was the result of his begging. SungJong’s eyes were focused on the road when he felt his phone was vibrating in his pocket. Luckily he had connected the earphone to the phone, so he pulled the earphone and put the earpiece on. He pressed the button and answered the call.

            “Ouh, JiHo hyung.” It was his new manager, JiHo.

            “It’s okay, hyung. I can drive by myself.” SungJong reassured his worried manager over the line. SungJong chuckled and smiled when he heard that his manager still insisted to drive him there.

            “It’s okay. I am almost reaching the place.”

            “Alright.” He replied when the manager asked him to take care of himself. He waited for the manager to hang up the call before he removed the earpiece from his ear.

          “Gosh! This is so exciting. Finally I have the chance to record for Running Man.” SungJong said cheerfully. He was almost reaching a junction and he applied his brake. However, he was panicked when he noticed that the brake did not function. He was sure the brake was fine when he was driving just now. SungJong immediately pumped the brake but nothing happened. Based on his skill, he tried to apply the handbrake slowly. Unfortunately,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter