제 30 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At A Lake

            It was a chilly night and many of Seoul residents must be in their own house, enjoying their leisure time with family since it was weekday and night time was the only time they could have sit and talk with family. Of course, they would some who were wandering around the city either was walking to night shift or spending time outside. HoYa and KyonDae were not an exception when they could be seen walking near the lake that was placed near the famous park in Seoul. There was not many people there and that was why HoYa was cool about the idea of bringing his wife to the lake.

            “HoYa, where you are bringing me to?” KyonDae asked her husband. Her eyes were completely covered by HoYa’s hands who was leading her the way. She just got back from work that evening and after eating dinner, HoYa asked her to go out with him. She did not know where they were right now because HoYa parked their car a bit far from the park and they had to walk to reach the park. Yes, HoYa was closing her eyes since they were out of the car and KyonDae could not complaint more. She knew HoYa was going to surprise her.

            “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” HoYa said. Soon, he stopped walking and that made KyonDae stopped walking too. HoYa looked around and observed the place with a satisfied smile on his face. He was glad that night was not raining. If not, it would ruin his surprise for her.

            “Are we there?” KyonDae asked.

            “Yeah.” HoYa answered and smiled without her knowledge. He found her cute when she asked that. She was like a child.

            “Can I see now?”

            “You have to get ready first.”

            “I’m ready and I can’t wait already!” HoYa chuckled at her reply. He shook his head before he pulled away his hands from her eyes. KyonDae opened her eyes when she felt his hands left her eyes. She blinked her eyes to get a clear vision in front of her because formed a gap.

            “HoYa-ah…” KyonDae was speechless with the scenery in front of her. Never in her life had she seen something these beautiful.

            “Do you like what you see?” HoYa asked and he was totally happy that she loved it. HoYa knew it from the way she was stunned by it. KyonDae nodded her head and her eyes never leave the scenery in front of her. They were currently surrounded by fireflies. It was such a beautiful scene and she loved how the small creatures could bright up the dark lake.

            “It’s so beautiful.”

            “Glad that you like it. I have a hard time looking for this place.” HoYa said. KyonDae smiled after she heard it. She pushed his shoulder and smiled mischievously.

            “You’re so sweet, HoYa.” KyonDae said.

            “Well, I have one more surprise for you.” HoYa said and it made KyonDae raised her eyebrows.

            “And what is that?” KyonDae asked while crossing her arms over her chest.

            “Well, you have to sit first.” HoYa said and pointed at the bench in front of them. KyonDae looked at the bench and obediently sat on it. She looked at HoYa who was going near a tree and took something from behind the tree. It was rectangle in shape and it was big. It also was covered by white cloth and it made KyonDae curious of that thing behind the cloth. HoYa placed it in front of KyonDae, which was on the bench too and removed the cloth to reveal what was beneath it. KyonDae gasped when her eyes landed on the rectangular thing.

            “This is for you.” HoYa said with a smile and was looking at his wife’s face to see her reaction. He was hoping that she would like it. KyonDae covered after her gasp and her eyes almost formed a tear as she saw the object.

            “HoYa…” She mumbled and her fingers moved on the object as she admired the effort. It was actually a painting of KyonDae’s face and KyonDae knew that HoYa was the one who drew this because she could see his signature at the bottom right of the painting. She was amazed by it because she felt like she was seeing her reflection. HoYa had drawn her accurately and she did not knew how he could drew her face perfectly.

            “Well, when I’m stuck at the island I didn’t realise that I drew so many picture of you. I miss you so much.” HoYa said as he reminisced his hard time at the island. He missed her so much that he could draw her even without looking at her face. KyonDae was touched by it hence she shifted closer to HoYa and hugged his waist while sitting on the bench and HoYa was standing in front of her, holding the painting.

            “Thank you, HoYa. You’re the best husband ever.” KyonDae said while smiling contently.

            “I’m grateful that I have you, this strict lawyer as my wife.” HoYa said while looking at KyonDae lovingly. His hand caressed her smooth hair and he knew that KyonDae loved it. It was the thing he always do before they went to sleep. KyonDae pulled away and looked up at HoYa with her twinkling eyes.

            “Really? Well, I’m grateful too that I have you, this man who never want to lose as my husband.” KyonDae said and HoYa chuckled at her remark.

            “I want to apologise too if I have done anything wrong to you from the first moment we met each other.” HoYa said and suddenly he remembered the first he saw her. He was stunned when he saw her face because she had almost the face as her sister and he kept staring at her that made her felt uncomfortable. If it was not because of his mother, HoYa would be surely stand like a statue which eyes only bored to KyonDae.

            “You’re the person that I love, HoYa. There’s no way that I’ll not forgive you.” KyonDae said and she heard HoYa scoffed.

            “This is what happened when Mrs Lawyer speaks.” He teased and pinched her nose lightly.

            “Hey, I can sue you for hurting my feeling right now.” KyonDae pouted while her hand pushed HoYa’s hand from her nose.

            “Well, I don’t mind. I can pay it by this…” HoYa completed his sentence by an action and that was a peck on KyonDae’s lips. KyonDae was surprised when he did that and rolled her eyes when he pulled away.

            “Well, this will make me to just forget it.” KyonDae said and HoYa could not help but to chuckle at that. He rested the painting on the bench and took a sit beside her before he pulled her into a hug. KyonDae did not protest as she laid her head on his broad chest and circled her arms around his waist while his hands caressed her hair and her back.

            “I love you, KyonDae.”

            “Me too, HoYa. Me too.”

 

At Paris

            Paris, a city of love. A place where all couple would want to spend their time. Just by looking at the place, it would make you fall in love with it in a split second. The Eiffel Tower that everyone admired could be seen from the hotel room that HyeYeon and SungYeol were staying in. HyeYeon smiled when she saw the lovely tall tower. Now she understood why everyone loved Paris. The design of the Eiffel Tower itself could give you the lovely vibe. Not to forget, the flowers around the tower were so captivated that she could not wait to go and take picture there. HyeYeon was snapped out from her own world when a pair of arms circled around her waist and she did not need to look behind to know who it was. She was living with one person only in this room and it was no other than SungYeol. Both of them were here because it was SungYeol’s mother’s gift and they had to leave SungYeon with her since SungYeol’s mother insisted them to go for a holiday together. HyeYeon was glad and relieved at the same time when SungYeon did not cause much trouble to her grandmother when they were not by her side. HyeYeon jolted in surprise when she felt she was kissed on the cheek.

            “SungYeol-ah, do you still remember the first time we become friend?” HyeYeon asked out of sudden. SungYeol nodded his head as he was curious of the reason she asked these question.

            “Yeah. Why?”

            “Well, who can expect that a kingka would want to talk to me just to pass his test?” HyeYeon with a smirk. She chuckled as she recalled their high school memories. SungYeol pouted at her teasing.

            “Well, you’re my only hope at that time.” SungYeol said. He could still remember exactly what happened on the day he first talked to her.

            HyeYeon was too immersed with her book when all of her classmates were chatting among themselves. It was free time for them since their teacher was unable to attend the class and there was no substitute teacher. As she was reading, she suddenly realised that the class became awfully quiet and she could sense someone was hovering her.

            “HyeYeon…” She heard her name was calling her and she looked up to see the owner of the voice. Her eyes widened when she looked at the person in front of her. Now she knew why her classmates were quiet. They were stunned by the scene of Lee SungYeol, the kingka was talking to HyeYeon. Well, no one ever seen they talk to each other before though.

            “Y-yes?” HyeYeon stammered and she immediately put down her book.

            “Follow me.” He said and quickly walked out from the classroom. HyeYeon gulped after she heard that. Her heart was thumping fast as she tried to figure out what had she done that SungYeol wanted her to follow him. HyeYeon looked at her classmates and one of them asked her.

            “HyeYeon-ah, did you cause any trouble with him?” HyeYeon quickly shook her head. There was no way she could cause any trouble with him. She never talk to him! HyeYeon took a deep breath before she stood up and walked out of the class to follow SungYeol. She then found herself at the rooftop with SungYeol. She timidly asked him the reason he called her. SungYeol kept quiet at first and after a few moments, he told her his reason. HyeYeon was surprised when he stated his reason for a while before she cracked a laugh. SungYeol’s face went red after he heard her laughter.

            “Yah, you can help me or not?” SungYeol asked. He did not want to get angry at her since he wanted her to help him but he could not stand it when she laughed at him. She did not care anymore that he was a kingka. HyeYeon tried to control her laughter before she faced him properly.

            “I… I don’t know that you… that you…” By thinking of the next word was enough to make HyeYeon laughed again and it started to make SungYeol pissed off with it.

            “HyeYeon! I have to pass this test no matter what! Please be serious.” SungYeol mumbled at the end and he could not believe that he begged at her to be serious. HyeYeon nodded her head in understanding, she then tried to gain her calmness. Somehow it was good to laugh at SungYeol.

            “Okay but why me?”

            “I have looked into your record and you’re the best among our classmates. You’re the most intelligent though.” SungYeol said and he could not deny the fact. HyeYeon was indeed a smart student. His eyes almost fall out of its socket when he went through her record that day. She was amazingly a straight A’s student. HyeYeon amusingly jerked her eyebrows.

            “Alright. I’ll help you.”

            HyeYeon chuckled upon the memory while SungYeol grinned in front of her. If they were not together today, the memory might be embarrassing for him but hey, it was one of the thing that made them together till now so Sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter