제 14 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At a Five Star Restaurant

            HaNa was waiting for her father in the restaurant. She was bored till the extent that she was playing with all the utensils on the table. She did not care about what people would say about her behaviour in that restaurant anyway. It was her habit. If people knew that she was the daughter of Jung HeeChul, they would kept quiet because they surely would be afraid of her father. Yeah, for HaNa people were just scared of her father and not respect. Her father was capable of doing anything he could. Her special moment with the utensils was distracted when a pair of hands closed her eyes from behind.

            “Appa?” HaNa called and touched the hand that was closing her eyes.

            “It’s me.” HaNa’s eyes widened when she listened to that familiar voice. LuHan removed his hand and sat in front of HaNa.

            “Why are you here? Appa said he will be having dinner with me.” HaNa asked with a frown. LuHan was wearing a very nice tuxedo and HaNa had to admit that he looked handsome in that. However, she frowned when she felt awfully familiar with the situation she was having right now but not when she looked at LuHan. She felt like it was not right for LuHan to sit in front of her.

            “Your appa gave us the chance to date tonight.” LuHan answered and HaNa chuckled.

            “Whatever, you two.” HaNa said and started to arrange the utensils on the table back to its normal position. LuHan looked at her and noticed something. HaNa was wearing a dress that he did not even had a chance to see her wearing that outfit. It was not revealing and it was blue in colour, her favourite colour. Too used to see HaNa in her boyish outfit, he felt that HaNa looked beautiful than ever in her dress.

            “You look gorgeous tonight. Finally I can see your feminine side, huh?” He said. HaNa looked at her dress and blushed. Usually she would wear a dress every time she went out with her father. Don’t ask why because it was normal for a rich girl like her to have a life like that. She would always follow her father to a dinner or any parties before she decided to move out from their house. She gulped and somehow the feeling came again to her. She felt familiar with the situation she was having right now. It was like a dejavu.

            “Thank you.” HaNa said while forming an awkward smile. LuHan found that HaNa looked uncomfortable and he frowned as he wondered why. He then realised of what he had planned for her tonight.

            “HaNa-ah...” He called, catching her attention. HaNa who was playing with her fingers due to her weird feeling just now looked up to see his face.

            “Hmm?” She answered. LuHan pointed his finger at a corner of the restaurant and HaNa turned around to look at it.

            “Do you see that piano? Can you play a song for me? The title is Propose Song. You know it right? I saw it in your music note.” LuHan asked.

            “But LuHan… you know that I… piano…” HaNa said as she looked at the piano with a worried face. She remembered the day she played piano with LuHan. HaNa loved piano but after that incident she was afraid to play it. Something in her body made her trembled when she heard the melody of the piano.

            “You can, HaNa. Trust me.” LuHan encouraged her. HaNa looked again at the piano while biting her lips.

            “I’ll try.” She said and walked towards the piano. She opened the cover and sat on the tool in front of the piano. Meanwhile LuHan walked towards the stage and took the mic. The restaurant was chosen by Mr Jung just because it had a performing stage and of course to help LuHan with his plan.

            “Erm... Annyeonghaseyo. Today I would like to sing a song titled Propose Song and this song is dedicated to the pianist, Jung HaNa.” LuHan said, grabbing the customer's attention. Some of them who already knew about the song squealed and some of them just waiting for the event. LuHan looked at HaNa and they exchanged smiles. HaNa was nervous but then she started to hit the key and played the song while LuHan started to sing to the song. The audience clapped their hands as soon as the song started.

Propose Song, piano version

I waited for such a long time for today

I hoped that you would be mine

Should I officially propose or throw a surprise birthday party?

The rub dub rub dub, heart pounding day is today

You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl

You are my eternal angel, will you accept me?

You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl

Look at my eyes, can you answer me? I am proposing to you

Should I rent out a pretty cafe or do it front of many people at City Hall?

Should I give you flowers or hold out a ring? I was thinking

You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl

You are my eternal angel, will you accept me?

You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl

Look at my eyes, can you answer me? I am proposing to you

Even if life tires you, even if you get sick of me, please hug me

I’m sorry and I thank you for holding my hand next to me, for comforting me

You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl

You are my eternal angel, will you accept me?

You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl

Look at my eyes, can you answer me? I am proposing to you

You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl

You are my eternal angel, will you accept me?

You are my lovely girl, you are my pretty girl

Look at my eyes, can you answer me? I am proposing to you

I am proposing to you

            HaNa’s eyes actually widened when she heard the lyrics and she immediately looked at LuHan in the middle of playing the piano. LuHan was looking at her while singing the whole song. The song was coming to an end and HaNa could see LuHan was walking towards her and sang the last sentence of the song. The song finished when LuHan kneeled in front of her. HaNa gasped with the sight. Everyone’s attention was towards them.

            “LuHan!”

            “Jung HaNa, will you be my wife?” LuHan said and showed her a ring that was kept in a red velvet box. HaNa was shocked of course and she covered with her hand. The audience cheered for them and some were nervous whether she would accept or not. LuHan also was nervous with what he was doing.

            “Will you?” LuHan asked again when he received no response from her.

            “But LuHan… we…” HaNa tried to tell him that they were already broke up and she did not expect this from him. LuHan understood what she was going to say and he showed her a reassuring smile.

            “I love you, HaNa and you know that too.” LuHan said. HaNa looked at his face and saw his hopeful face. She was about to put down her hand form but she stiffened for a bit and her eyebrows furrowed. Why do I feel like I have gone through all of this? She asked herself.

            “HaNa?” LuHan’s voice brought her back to reality. HaNa’s eyes landed again on his handsome face. Finally, HaNa put her hand down and smiled. She nodded after that. LuHan smiled widely and hugged her immediately after she finished nodding.

            “Thank you, HaNa!” He said and HaNa could hear the audience were clapping their hands and cheered for them. After the proposal, both of them had their dinner and discussed about their wedding. HaNa was a bit shock when he said he wanted them to get married faster and everything would be handled by her father and LuHan. HaNa had no reason to say no to all of that so she just followed their plan. Finished with their dinner, they went for a date before LuHan sent her in front of her house.

            “Thanks for today, LuHan.” HaNa said. LuHan leaned on his car and chuckled. His hand travelled up to her cheek and caressed it.

            “Thank you for accepting me.” LuHan said. HaNa did not say anything but smiled and nodded her head. It was awkward for her because they broke up years ago and today he proposed to her without both of them had any love relationship at all. But she knew that she still had the love for LuHan and she knew LuHan’s feeling as well. She saw it all on his face. She ducked her face when she saw LuHan walked closer to her and held her shoulder. HaNa slowly looked up to see his face. They looked into each other’s eyes for a while before LuHan leaned in and kissed her on the lips. HaNa was still and she did not know what to do. The feeling of kissing LuHan was foreign to her and she just waited for him to pull away after a moment.

            “You should get in now. Your father must be worried to death even though I told him already that you’re going to be late.” LuHan said. HaNa nodded her head and bid him goodbye. She turned around and stepped into her house. LuHan just looked at her retreating figure with a smirk before he got into his car and drove off. As HaNa stepped into the living room, she was shocked because her father was not there to wait for her. A smiled crept on her face when she figured out the reason. Her father trusted LuHan so much to take care of her and of course, he was the one who planned it all for today. HaNa went to her room, had a bath and dressed into her pyjama before she landed on her bed and drove off. She was sleeping soundly but not until when the clock reached 3 o’clock. She was stirring on her bed and her face was forming a frown. After a few moments of struggling in her sleep, her eyes opened widely and she sat up straight from her lying position. She was panting heavily.

            “Why… how… the Propose Song… it’s not LuHan’s voice. It’s the same voice again.” HaNa said with a confused mind. She was having a dream just now and in that dream, there was a voice who sang the song that LuHan sang when they were in the restaurant that night. HaNa knew that voice. It was the voice that sang the song titled Time and also the voice that talked to her about Nam JiEun but she did not have any idea who was that person. She tried to remember whether she had other friends with that voice but she could not find one. HaNa sighed heavily and rubbed her face with her palms. She lied again on her bed to continue her sleep. She closed her eyes but her mind could not stop thinking about that voice and it ended up with her staying up till

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter