Night Of Fangs (Pt.1)

My Hero In Black

The next day I woke up in my own bed, That vampire brought me up to my room again… I must have slept in because the harsh rays of the afternoon sun blinded me. I groaned and sat up, combing out the tangles in my hair with my fingers and stood up. The mattress which was on the floor next to my bed was empty; I could hear the shower running. Hongbin, must’ve just woken up too. I stretched and checked my phone. I had 1 voicemail & 1 text from my colleague, Yerim.

She was just trying to remind me of tonight’s party which I really didn’t want to go. It is her boyfriend’s birthday not hers and he was having it in one of the biggest night clubs in Seoul. I don’t get why I have to attend though, she would probably be too distracted with her boyfriend to even talk to me, and I barely even know him! ‘Bring someone with you…Just in case you get lonely :D’ Her text showed up in my mind. I shook my head, no. I’m not bringing Hongbin with me. People will get the wrong idea; I’m not even dating the man! Yes, he said that we were soul mates and we were fated to be lovers but I do not want to rush into dating just yet! I mean, we just met like a week ago! This isn’t a fairytale where two people fall in love in one day and get married the next!

The bathroom door opened revealing a half-, vampire with a white towel wrapped around his waist, warm steam from the shower wafted out and into my bedroom, fogging up my dressing table mirror. I covered my eyes and turned my back on him. “Can you not do that?” I yelled. “Sorry, I’m kind of use to it.” He apologized and moved quickly to put on his clothes which I had washed and dried and placed them neatly on my dressing table.

“You can stop covering your eyes now.” He spoke. I got off my bed and spun around to look at him, he was back in all black attire. “You’re leaving?” My comment came out as a question. He nodded. “I can’t continue staying here forever right?” He smiled. “Besides my wounds are almost completely healed by now and you know that…” He added. I nodded. I followed behind him as he walked downstairs, almost reaching the front door. Before opening the door, he stopped then turned to face me. “Thank you…” He smiled as he placed his hand on my head and messed up my hair. I laughed, my cheeks turning a light pink color. “Take care Hongbin-ssi…” I waved as he stepped out of the house.

-

That night I played with my phone as I waited for Yerim to pick me up from my house. I checked my wall clock once more, it was already 8 PM, and she told me she would be here 20 minutes ago.  I was dressed in a black strapless mini, with my hair styled in long loose curls. I was about to dial her phone and give her an earful when the doorbell rang. ‘Finally…’ I thought as I put on my red stilettos and went to answer the door after giving myself one last look in the mirror, checking my makeup. I did not do anything dramatic just the simple ‘red lips’ look.

“Sorry for being late…” Yerim apologized as she grabbed my wrist before pulling me into her car after I locked my front door. She wore a red body-hugging mini and her jet-black hair was in a loose updo. Her pumps had to be at least 7-inches high. She laughed as I started going off about her being late as she drove us into the city. “God, you’re so easily irritable…” She teased. “You arrived 20 minutes later after telling me you were just around the corner!” I answered. “There’s a thing called being ‘fashionably late’ Sujeong…” She laughed.

We had to flash our invitations at the bouncer before we were told to go up to the upper floor, room 5. The club smelled of liquor, cigarettes, sweat and what I thought was the smell of . I could see girls dressed in scandalous attire grinding against men who were reeking of alcohol under the constant flashes of the strobe light. Electro music blasted through the huge wall speakers, making my insides vibrate with the strong bass. Just getting through the crowd was not an easy task. I used my whole concentration to focus on Yerim who was in front of me and keeping my balance as bodies bumped around. I felt my breath hitch in my throat as a hand slapped my posterior; I spun around with a harsh glare.

A tall man, dressed in a white suit greeted me with a sleazy smile, his half lidded eyes told me he was either high or drunk. “Hey sweetie…”He yelled over the loud music. “Get lost creep…”I barked as I took a step away from him and spun around to look for Yerim but I had lost her in the sea of bodies. “Damn it!” I cussed under my breath as I felt an arm snaking around my waist. “Come dance with me girl…” It was the same man from before; I could feel his breath on my bare neck. ‘Vodka’ I thought. His cologne was strong and his grip on my waist stronger. “Let go…” I growled as I tried prying his hands off me. He my earlobe causing me to shudder in disgust. “You smell nice~” He slurred as he took a hold of my chin, turning my head to face him.

For a moment, I thought I had caught sight of fangs in his mouth but when I blinked, they were gone, his eyes seem to glow red under the dim lighting. ‘Vampire!’ My head screamed but I couldn’t pull away from him, his grip was just too strong. “You’ve met one of our kind have you?” He chuckled sinisterly as he his lips. “So you know that you’re a ‘Special’, don’t you?” He asked. “Let go!” I yelled but my voice drowned out by the loud music. “Scream all you want girl, no one will notice us…” He smirked as he kissed the corner of my lips. “The smell of the blood within you is strong and sweet, I wonder why no one has killed you yet…” He whispered into my ear. I began scratching at his arms but to no avail.

If I could sense Hongbin’s presence that night before the wolves got me, how come I couldn’t sense this man’s too? Where was Yerim? Doesn’t she notice my absence??? Two sharp objects were gliding against the skin of my neck, prodding occasionally but not enough to penetrate it. His fangs. Tears started streaming down my face as I realized how helpless I was right now. I struggled in his grip but I couldn't even move. To others it would look like we were lovers in a sensual embrace but this was far from what they would think. 'Hongbin! Help me!' My thoughts screamed as the man bit down on my neck. 

 

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating yesterday! ^^" Was too tired to think so I went to sleep haha! Hope you enjoy reading this chapter~ Yes, I'm gonna tease you guys with this cliffhanger! MWAHAHAHAHAHA xD Keep the comments coming~~~ Love ya<3