Morning Of Memory Loss...

My Hero In Black

I awoke with a groan, as I sat up on my bed, dressed in my old t-shirt and pajama pants. The back of my head hurt and I squinted my eyes just to take a glance at my alarm clock which now read; 2:15 PM, Saturday. The bright rays of the afternoon sun came in through the windows, aiming right at my bed. Why does my head hurt so badly and why does my body ache? I closed my eyes and tried to remember anything which could explain my current situation but nothing could come to me. All I remember was walking back home yesterday because I missed the bus.

A light breeze came in through an open window, I got up and took slow steps towards it. I stopped and stared at it, why was my window open? I shook my head, thinking that I must have opened it before I went to sleep last night and forgot about it, but when I looked on the window sill, there was a footprint on it. Did someone climb into my house through this window last night? Did they steal anything???

I looked around my room, everything seems to be in its place, everything was in their right place and nothing was disturbed. The smell of chicken soup filled my nose, and it made my stomach grumble. Wait, Mother never mentioned that she was coming over to visit today… Could the intruder be actually some hungry, homeless druggie? I quickly pulled the baseball bat I kept under my bed and tip-toed down the stairs and into the kitchen where I could see a man, dressed in black and wearing my pink apron, cooking. He had his back facing me and his concentration was on the soup before him.

Is this man nuts? He breaks into my house, doesn’t steal anything but wears my apron and cooks for himself? “Oh, good morning…” He greeted without even taking a glance over his shoulder. My jaw dropped, how does he know that I’m even here? “I can smell the ointment which I put on your bruises…” He answered as if he could read my thoughts. “Who are you???” I asked.  He turned off the stove and grabbed a ladle and scooped a bowl full of soup, before putting it on the dining table in front of me, totally ignoring my question.  That’s when I saw his face. Such handsome features… I shook my head trying not to fall under his spell. “What are you standing there for? Give me the bat and eat… You were out for quite long…” He spoke.

I stared at him even longer trying to figure out where I’ve seen him before and who he was. As my mind wandered off, he came up to me, gently grabbing the bat and tugging it away from me. “Are you okay?” He asked as he pressed his forearm unto my forehead, checking my temperature. “You don’t have a fever…” He spoke. I snapped out of my trance and took a step back. “Who are you?” I asked.
“The name is Hongbin, Lee Hongbin.” He answered as he put the bat in the storage room. “Why are you here? What happened to me? I don’t understand…” I spoke all in one breath. Hongbin just shook his head and dragged me by the arm to the dining table and made me sit. “Finish the soup first and I’ll explain to you later…” He spoke. He never once smiled at me but he spoke with such a gentle and loving voice.  Am I suffering from amnesia? Was I involved with this man in a romantic relationship?

He sat across the table with his arms crossed and his eyes never leaving me. I sat there drinking the soup timidly, feeling awkward under his gaze. I put down my spoon half way through and looked up and into his dark brown eyes. “Stop staring at me like that…” I pouted. This person could’ve been the one who climbed in through my window but I didn’t feel scared of him. In fact, I felt kind of safe with him in my house. There have been a number of break-ins and cases in this neighborhood this month but no way Hongbin, could be the one behind all of this right?   

I admit he does look a bit fishy with his all black getup and bad boy image but, the way he is treating me now, tells me he isn’t bad….I hope..."No, I won't murder you or do anything which you think I might be responsible for..." He spoke. "How are you doing that?" I asked. "Doing what?" He replied. "Answering questions which I never even asked!" I answered. "Can you read my mind or something?" I added. "Yes, I can read your thoughts..." He answered as if it was such a normal thing to do. "No way..." I answered. "Are you still hungry?" He asked, totally brushing the topic off as he got up to fill my bowl again. "Yes...." I answered. 

Seriously Hongbin, who are you?

 

 

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: Yay, second chapter is up~ How is the story so far? :D I would really love to know! >.< I have not type anything in like forever and I'm really anxious to know how good (or bad) my writing skills are! So please help me out by voicing out your thoughts in the comments below~~ :D