The Truth About His "Friend"

My Hero In Black

"Babe, where are you going with that bag?" Hongbin asked as I came down the stairs with my yellow luggage bag. 

He was casually sitting up on a bar stool, in the kitchen, sipping a warm mug of coffee. I shook my head in disbelief. "Didn't I tell you I was going back to my parent's house today?" I replied. He scratched his head, feigning innocence as he let out a nervous laugh. Since, I have already reported to work that I was sick, Junhyung gave me a whole week off before I can start work as his new personal assistant, so I thought that it was good for me to visit my parents.

"I may have forgotten..." He admitted with a childish smile, his dimple appearing at the corner of his lips. He sneezed and rubbed his already red nose. Yes, he caught the cold too... 

After our little make out session, yesterday morning, he spent the whole day practically glued to me. When I asked why was he acting like that, he told me it was to make up for the three days, when he kind of neglected me. Of course that made me curious about that woman again but he managed to change the subject each time I asked him. Naturally, I got suspicious. Was he cheating on me? As we were both on the livingroom sofa, watching a drama without words being exchanged, he saw right through my happy act and told me he wasn't cheating on me. "Well then, who is she? Why won't you tell me???" I asked feeling irritated.

He was silent for a while, he knitted his brows in deep concentration, as if to think of how he was going to explain. I waited patiently, resting my head in his lap, his fingers combing slowly, through my hair. "Remember when I told you that she was just a friend?" He asked. I nodded, staring right up at him, I gestured for him to continue.

"Well... I lied..." He spoke. My eyes widened as I sat up immediately, to face him fully. "What?" I asked.

"No! It's not what you think!" He uttered quickly. I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed. "Then just get to the point Bean..." I spoke. 

"I'll just start from when we first met... And then you will know why I was so mad that day..." He replied.

"We met back in Seoul Art High." He began. "She was the school's Queenka and I was just the new kid. Every boy in class was crushing on her, because of her immense wealth or to phrase it better, her father's wealth and her popularity. I was the only boy in class who didn't like her, I had a gut feeling that she was just trouble. And you know what? She was! She cheated her way to the top of the school, she bullied and mocked whoever she felt deserved it and bribed her way into being voted as Junior Prom Queen and Class President." He continued. I sat quietly, nodding as he continued on.

"She never really talked to me at first, but after our first project together in Science class, she never left me alone. She started talking to me every day. She'd ask questions like: What was my favorite color?, Did I like fashion?, Was I from a rich family?" He spoke. "I couldn't understand why she was acting so friendly towards me, and consulted my older sisters about it. They told me that she might have a crush on me and that I shouldn't be so uncomfortable about it because it was just natural for girls at that age.Being a naive boy, I took their advice and tried getting used to that idea. I didn't know that things was just getting started for all of us." He was currently holding my hands in his lap as our knees were pressed together. I could feel everything he was feeling on the inside right now as he poured everything out as if this was something he was keeping inside for all this years.

"As I told you before, I did become popular amongst the girls in my school, during the Second Year. They called me the new 'Se7en' and the next pop idol of Korea, when all I wanted was to play basketball and become a professional photographer, I could never see myself singing or dancing on stage, I was just to shy for that. My friends on the basketball team envied me for all the attention I was receiving from the girls but I never really cared about them. I treated everyone equally, all except Wang JiMin. That girl, she started confessing to me! Everyday, and I really mean everyday! Then she started taking all the classes I was taking..." He shuddered as he closed his eyes for a moment, probably reliving his days in high school. 

"I rejected her, every single time. Hoping that she would give up, but even after the twentieth time she still came back the next day with that blinding smile. I noticed something about her every time I rejected her, there was something which flashed in her eyes each time. I couldn't really tell what she felt because she would walk away smiling. But to me, I saw a mixture of confusion, hurt and a hint of insanity in those eyes of hers. Yeah, she is pretty but I didn't want to be associated with someone of her status and personality. Then in the Third Year of high school, word spread in the school that she was crushing on me big time. Almost immediately, I noticed a lack of giggling or squealing "fan girls" following me in the hallways. The boys told me that the numbers in my fan club were quickly diminishing. I was kind of happy that the girls were finally giving me some space to breathe but there was one girl who had her eyes on me. Wang JiMin..." As he pronounced each of the three syllables in her name, hatred flowed with it. 

"She was absolutely shameless, she wasn't even shy to tell everyone that she LOVED me. I couldn't believe my ears when I arrived in class one day, and there she was telling the girls to back off because she LOVED me so much. She treated me as if we were an actual thing and actually convinced the teachers that we were dating. From then on, I could never partner up with other girls in the class, it was always with her! Group assignments, projects, or duties, I was always stuck with her! I wasn't exactly fit or muscular as a boy and that made me an easy target to her jealous ex-boyfriends and fans, who all so happens to be on our school boxing club." I gave his hand a light squeeze to tell him that he wasn't that weakling anymore.

"She followed me where ever I went, she never left me alone. My close friends migrated to America and left me to deal with this "pest" alone. The boys on the basketball team couldn't help me, they knew of the things which JiMin could do to stop anyone which stood in her way of her crush. All this time, I didn't tell my sisters or my parents about her. I thought I could handle her, I thought that her crush would just wear off and she would just move on to someone else...But it never happened..." He continued. "Then she started following me outside of school too. I deactivated all of my SNS accounts, because she was harassing me online also. I told everyone in school that I had lost my handphone, so that she would stop calling me. The Third Year was about to end when I noticed my stuff was starting to disappear from my bedroom." As he continued with his story, his irises were slowly turning from dark brown into golden amber. 

"Bean..." I called him softly but he was focused on finishing his story. His anger was starting to fuel his transformation and I was scared of what he might do if he was going to rampage now, in the afternoon. The neighbors would think that my house was being broken into. His hands were starting to get warmer and I could see the navy blue wolf's head starting to form on his right side of his chest. "Oppa..." I called out a little louder.

"I wasn't sure if it was her doing at first because we were living on the 17th floor of our condo and there was no way she was coming in through my window. Then one day my sister found her in my room! On top of me!!! She was trying to strip me in my sleep!!!" He yelled. I was now tugging on his wife beater. "Hongbin oppa!!!" I cried. He snapped out of his story-teller mode and stared down at me. I had stopped him in time before he could grow out his claws. He was still holding my hands tightly and I wasn't going to risk having them skewered by his claws.

He must've realized what had happened because he quickly let go of my hands and apologized. He hugged me and rubbed my back. "I'm so sorry baby... Did I hurt you?" He asked worriedly. I shook my head and massaged my wrists. "I'm sorry..." He apologized again as he tried to transform back to normal but his eyes and teeth still stayed the same. I knew why...

"Oppa, when was the last time you drank blood?" I asked. He tilted his head questioningly. "Tell me." I demanded.

"Two months... And I ran out of vampire ambrosia about a week ago, Hakyeon hyung told me that I have to wait a little longer for him to make a new batch..." He answered. "Why?" He asked.

I learned from Eunyoung that if vampires were to stop drinking blood for quite some time, they start having a hard time changing back to normal because of their hunger for blood. Blood was their source of power besides the night. I pulled up my sleeve, exposing my wrist and brought it up to his face. "Drink." 

His eyes widen in surprise as he quickly shook his head. "No, I won't bite you babe." He spoke. "Well, you need to be a "normal" person if you're going with me to my parent's house tomorrow..." I spoke. 

He hesitated for a moment before holding my forearm. "Go on..." I told him as he gazed right into my eyes. "I'm sorry, if I hurt you..." He muttered before sinking his fangs into my wrist. I yelped as I felt pain shoot right up my arm. I winced as he started to gently on my wrist. I could tell by the way he would suddenly stop and again, that he was trying to hold back from going into a feeding frenzy. Like he once told me, my blood was special. And it drove vampires mad with hunger with just the smell of it. 

-

And yeah that's how he actually got sick. He drank from a sick person and now he is sick. Haha that's kind of funny though because he told me that vampires don't really get sick easily.

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: Yay! A double update!^^ I'm finally finished with this chapter and it's currently 3:30AM... O__O
Anyway~ I was happy to see the comments earlier for the previous chapter and it motivated me to write another one before bed so yeah~ Thanks a lot for commenting and supporting my fic!:D I currently have over 60 subscribers and I would never have gotten this far without your support! Thanks a lot guys!!! Goodnight/ morning!!! <3