Soulmate

My Hero In Black

The next morning I awoke with a groan, slamming my hand down on the snooze button of my alarm clock and rolled out of bed. Time to get ready for another mundane day at work. Dragging my feet across the cold, carpeted floor, I reached out to flip the switch for the bathroom light. The tiled floor was ice cold just like everything else. I stripped out of my nightie and stepped into the shower. I yelped as I felt the strong gush of water hit me.

Minutes later, I stepped out of the shower, wrapping a soft, towel around me. I brushed my teeth and dried my hair before putting on my white blouse and my grey pencil skirt. Pulling my chestnut brown hair up in a loose bun, I applied light makeup and admired myself in the mirror. Finally, I manage to put on my makeup properly in the morning! I grabbed my thick framed glasses and put them on. I didn’t want to bother putting in my contacts.

The sound of the doorbell echoed through the house, taking me by surprise. I never get any visitors this early in the morning, I rushed down the stairs and unlocked the door. As I opened the door, the smell of rain and morning dew filled my nostrils and also the faint smell of sweat and citrus. Standing in front of me was the one person I’ve been missing all night. His hair was a mess and he looked like he had not slept in days, his once brown eyes were now amber and they looked tired and empty. His clothes were covered in dried blood and dirt. “Hey…” He greeted me in a soft voice before his legs gave way and he fell to my feet.  

“Hongbin!” I called out his name as I knelt down to check on him. He was still breathing but his eyes were closed. His knuckles were bruised and bloodied. “What happened?” I asked as I pulled him up to his feet and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and helped him inside to the couch where he laid down. “Long story…” He answered. He opened his eyes and looked up at me, only this time they weren’t amber anymore, they had changed back into their dark brown orbs. “Why are you here?” I asked, tilting my head slightly.

“You wished for me to be here, didn’t you?” He asked as he grabbed at his side. “N-no…” I blushed as I thought about yesterday night. He let out an airy chuckle “Liar…” he spoke before his face scrunched up in pain. “Let me see…” I said as I pulled his body over so that I could see what he was trying to cover up. “Let go…” I ordered as I tugged on his hand. He sighed before removing his hand, revealing a fresh wound which ran across his ribs. “You’re bleeding!” I exclaimed in a high pitched tone. He tried covering it again but I smacked his hand away. “Don’t touch it with your dirty hands!” I barked as I stood up and ran to get the first-aid kit, cloth and a basin filled with lukewarm water. Seriously what trouble did he get into after he left me???

I made him sit up and take off his shirt to make it easier for me to clean and tend to his wounds but I couldn’t bring myself to touch him. My face felt hot and I couldn’t move my hands. Why was I feeling embarrassed? I was just returning the favor but it felt strange to me, seeing a man half on my couch. This was something I could never imagine seeing, plus he had an amazing build. “What are you waiting for?” He asked as he watched me with a slight smirk.  I didn’t answer, I was speechless. This man is just unbelievably perfect.

 I watched as the muscles on his body flexed. He grabbed my hand which held the wet cloth and placed it on his chest.My hand felt small in his. I could feel the heat radiating from him and I couldn’t bring myself to look up at him. My eyes wandered over to the navy blue tattoo of a wolf’s head on his right chest and the faint scars which covered his chest and perfectly chiseled abs. This just didn’t feel real at all.

He finally let go when I wriggled my hand out of his and gently cleaned his body using circular motions. He raised his arms for me to clean under his arms, I felt like a mother cleaning her son’s body after his daily afternoon run. The warmth in my cheeks increased as I continued focusing on his body. After throwing the cloth into the basin I picked up the small bowl of antiseptic liquid and soaked a cotton ball in it.

 He grunted in pain as he watched me silently dabbing away at all of his wounds which I could find on his body. As I got to his bigger wound that was on his side, he grabbed my wrist, “Be a bit more gentle here…” He hissed. Grabbing the antiseptic gauze my brother had given me, (he is a doctor back in my hometown) I bandaged his wounds. The sun was already high up in the sky and I knew I was already running late for work but I didn’t care, I could always call in sick. “Are you feeling any better now?” I asked as I looked up at his face. For the first time ever he smiled and that made me melt on the inside. “Much better…” He answered.

After putting away the stuff I had used, I lent him my over-sized tee and loose board shots which fitted him nicely. He sat on the sofa again with a contented smile as I walked off to dump his dirty laundry in the washing machine. I had asked him if he was hungry but he wasn’t. So I decided to pour myself a bowl of cereal and sat next to him on the sofa where he was watching a documentary about vampires. “Yah, why would you laugh at this?” I asked as I cringed as sketches of vampires biting their victims on their necks flashed on the screen. “It’s funny how they think that we only aim for the neck…” He answered.

I dropped my spoon, it rattled on the floor and I stared at him with wide eyes. “Shwuff Up!” I exclaimed with a mouth full of cereal. “Like you haven’t noticed…” He chuckled his eyes never leaving the TV. I chewed and swallowed hard. “You’re a vampire???” I asked. He nodded. “I thought it was obvious…” He spoke. Screams came from the TV as the vampire cornered his helpless victim. “Then why haven’t you me dry yet?” I asked. “I would like to but I told you, I’m only here to protect you…” He answered. “From what?” I asked.

His frowned and turn to look at me. “Other vampires…” He answered. He reached over with his hand and tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear. “Why would other vampires come for me?” I asked. He grabbed my right hand and pressed the palm of his other hand on the top of it. An icy cold feeling danced on my skin and he pulled his hand away. There on top of my hand was a navy blue tattoo of a wolf’s head, it was the exact copy of his. “Your blood is special to us. One cup full of your blood can keep a vampire full for months and even heal any wounds in a matter of seconds.” He explained. “Vampires don’t like the hassle of hunting every night just to keep full, so they purposely hunt for people who have special blood like you. We can eat normal food to but we lust for blood. Yours is said to be the most delicious…” He added as traced the wolf's ears with his finger. I blinked and the tattoo was no longer there.

“But why me?” I asked. “I don’t know…” He answered truthfully, as he shook his head, his fringe swaying side to side. “People like you are rare to come by so vampires go wild when they track one down…” I frowned as I stared at him. “So why out of all those people you chose me to protect?” He smiled at me and grabbed my hand. “Because you’re my soul mate.” He answered. “Excuse me, what?!” I was taken aback by his answer.

“I was tracking you, thinking that you were just another ‘Special’ when I saw that tattoo on your hand. I thought I was seeing things but when I was tending to your wounds that night, I had pressed my hand on top of yours that night and it appeared.” He explained. “And you expect me to believe you because?” I replied. “Only soul mates possess the same tattoo and the ability to imprint…” He answered."Imprint can only happen when any soulmate does anything romantic on the day they meet for the first time." He explained. "Which was what you did to me that day when you kissed me on the head..." I spoke and he nodded. "Now we can tell if either one of us is far away or near....And you being a 'Special' you can summon me as you wish..." 

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: Yay! Another chapter which is a tiny bit lengthier than the last 3 chapters~ So finally Hongbin has revealed his true self! What are your thoughts on this chapter~? :D Leave your comments (thoughts) down below, subscribe if you haven't and upvote maybe? ;D Haha I should totally sleep now its 4 AM!! And I am suppose to wake up for school in 2 hours... NO!!!! >.<