Missing Him...

My Hero In Black

There I was typing away on my outdated computer, in my small cubicle in the office. It was a Monday night and I was spending an extra hour or so in the office, trying to finish off my assignments for the day. My back ached and my eyes felt dry as I listened to the click-clack sounds which came from the cheap plastic keyboard before me.

I yawned as I saved the document, giving my arms a good stretch above my head. Oh, that wonderful feeling of finishing your work. I dug through my bag for my phone and checked the time, it was currently 9:00 PM. “Time to go home and take a nice hot bath~” I said to myself as I shut down the computer and packed my stuff.  The office security guard came by whistling his favorite tune. “Staying back late again I see Ms.Park…” He commented. 

I laughed waving off his comment. “You know the usual…” I answered as I walked towards the lift. “Goodnight Mr.Shin!” He waved at me before walking over to the switchboard to turn off the lights. I leaned against the cold, metal wall at the back of the lift and sighed. Honestly I could have finished all of my work earlier today but thoughts about my ‘hero in black’ distracted me. He never came back to my house after that day and I sort of missed him. I always wondered what it was like having a boyfriend to look after me and Hongbin did just that. I know he’s not my boyfriend but it was close enough.

I managed to catch the bus this time and made it home safe and sound. No wolves and obviously no Hongbin. After placing my shoes in the small shoe closet in the foyer, I locked the front door and went straight upstairs into my home office, chucking my briefcase under my office desk. After that I went into my bedroom, checking for any open windows or footprints on the window sill but everything was untouched. I drew the curtains shut and went to take a nice warm bath. I let out a slight moan as I lowered myself into the tub which was now filled with white frothy bubbles. I leaned back and let myself sink in till the water reached collarbones.

I could feel all my muscles relaxing as I settled in the tub. I closed my eyes and listened to the silence which engulfed my house. It was a very quiet neighborhood which made it favorable for the elderly and the retired. The silence reminds me of how lonely I felt growing up, I didn’t make many friends, I spent a lot of time with my family, I was always bullied in school and no guy wanted to date me. Now living on my own in my very own house I felt even lonelier. All of my friends have migrated and none of them kept in touch with me.

Besides my parents, brother and my nieces who come for a visit during the holidays, no one else comes into my house. Well no one except for Hongbin who left me…. I sighed and shook my head. Come on…. Snap out of it! He isn’t human! At least he said so… Well it has to be true. He killed those beasts and read my thoughts he can’t possibly be human. But if he isn’t human then what is he??? “, I don’t know who he really is but I miss him…” I cursed out loud.  Then again I saw his handsome face in the back of my mind. Urgh…

After unplugging the tub and drying myself off with a towel, I changed into my silk nightie and brushed my teeth. As I climbed into bed all I could think of, was the light kiss Hongbin had placed on the top of my head before he left, wishing I could feel it again. The wind howled outside my window as a storm approached. I whined as I pulled my blanket over my head. If there was something else I was scared of besides wolves, it was lightning.

I know it sounds stupid being afraid of lightning at the age of 21, but it is a fear which has been stuck with me since I was 7 when I first saw what lightning could do to trees and poor, unsuspecting stray cats who wonder the streets at night. I shuddered at the image of the charred remains of Fluffy my neighborhood stray. Rain began to fall heavily over my house, accompanied by the loud crashes and the streaks of yellow in the night sky. I whimpered as the thunder got louder, wishing that Hongbin could magically appear and sooth me. But I knew that would be a stupid wish. 

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: Ah... Don't you just like it when an author updates often? xD Poor Sujeong, I think she has a little crush on her hero~ Don't you just hate that feeling of missing someone so much they keep popping up in your mind? >.< Comment your thoughts below and subscribe if you haven't already done it! :D