Morning Call

My Hero In Black

It was a late Sunday morning, the streets outside the condo were already alive with the sounds of car honks and children laughing at the nearby park. Light snores came from Hongbin’s mouth as his body shifted. White rays of light streamed through a crack in the heavy, gray curtains, warming up my face. I scrunched up my face in irritation as I quickly got off the bed and pinched the curtains shut with a random peg I found on Hongbin’s desk. If I must remind you again, yes. I’m currently living with Hongbin. I sold off my house in Incheon and moved in with him after the whole nightmare experience with his former stalker.

As I was about to turn around to get back into bed, a pair of muscular arms s around my waist pulling me towards a warm and firm torso. “Good morning…” Hongbin greeted me in a breathy voice. I smiled as I took in the familiar citrus scent and hugged him.

Looking up at him, I could see his gorgeous dark eyes, his messy red-brown hair and the cute dimples which appeared whenever he smiled. “G’morning~” I replied as he bent a little to kiss me on the lips. “Are you hungry?” He asked as we parted. I nodded. “I’ll make breakfast then.” He spoke as he went back to the bed to search for his shirt. I know it wasn’t nice to stare but I gawked at the sight of his muscular back. I observed as the muscles moved fluidly under his skin.

“Are you just going to stand there drooling, or are you going to help me find my shirt?” He asked with a slight hint of amusement. I silently scolded myself for getting caught and went over to help him. “It’s behind the bed.” I told him as I pointed to gap between the headboard and the wall. He scratched his head asking how I knew that and I glared at him.

“You elbowed me in the face, last night while taking it off…” I answered. Color left his cheeks as he realized what he had done, he walked over and started touching my face, apologizing and asking if it hurt. He looked so apologetic, I forgave him straight away with a giggle. He may be some strong vampire at night but when he is “normal”, he is the sweetest person ever.

“So you’re not mad?” He asked. I shook my head. “I can never get mad at someone who is going to be my husband.” I smiled. He let out a sigh of relief knowing that I wasn’t mad and he quickly smiled as he pulled me closer. “I can’t wait for that day.” He chuckled.

After a playful game of lip biting and teasing, I pushed him off me and asked him to go get a shower as it was already late for breakfast and that I wanted to spend our weekend afternoon outside. He knew I was never going past first base with him until after we walk down the aisle. The moment he had left the room, I received a call from my brother and somehow I knew what he was going to say.

“Jeong! What is this news I’m hearing about getting married? I was talking to Eomma and Appa the other day and they said you were getting married! Who is he? Do I know him? Tell me what is happening! Are you pregnant?” He yelled.

I sighed, there goes ‘Mister Overly-Protective’ again. Even though I’ve never dated before, he did interrogate me on the phone when he heard that a certain guy from school was taking care of me and walking me home. That guy being Seo Minwoo… The guy who I once looked up to and admired but refused to help me years later. After the ambush on the factory, I wasn’t even sure if he died or got away.

“Firstly, yes I’m getting married. He is a very nice man who you have met and no, I am not pregnant.” I answered.

I could hear him releasing his breath when he found out that I wasn’t pregnant. He then went on to asking, “Are you telling me that the man you’re marrying is the one that was at your house that one time I sent my daughters over?” He asked.

“Yes” I answered. I held the phone away from my ear as he went on to yelling at me for not telling him and that he must interrogate Hongbin and find out his motives and so on so forth, blah, blah, blah.

When I felt that it was safe for me, I put the phone to my ear again.

“Are you done?” I asked. He sighed and began asking me for details.

“His name is Lee Hongbin. He works as a freelance blogger and professional photographer. We um…” I paused for a moment thinking of a way to explain how we met. “We met through some friends.” I quickly added before he could think of anything bad.

“Jagi, it’s your turn to shower~” Hongbin sang as he strolled into the bedroom, with a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Sujeong! Whose voice is that?” My brother asked. I could almost imagine his nostrils flaring right now as he gripped the phone harder.

Hongbin, being the curious person he is, came over and grabbed my phone to ask who was on the line, only to get an earful from my brother who was yelling at him to stay at least 10-feet away from me if he wanted to live.

“What?” Hongbin asked dumbstruck by the sudden verbal attack, I took this as an opportunity to grab my phone and I quickly ended the call by saying that I will explain everything to him by e-mail and apologized for not telling him sooner.

“That was your brother huh?” Hongbin asked still a little flustered. I sighed and then nodded.

He nodded and then he shook his head before smiling at me. “Don’t worry Sujeong, I’ll make sure to prove myself as a worthy husband for you.” He spoke. I could only smile. ‘Good luck’ I thought. He clicked his tongue before ushering me out of the room and towards the bathroom. “Why would you doubt my ability?” He asked before closing the door behind me.

Right… He could read thoughts… Haha… 

 

 

-

Author's Note: I apologize for the terribly late update, been busy the past weekend and kind of got a bad case of writer's block. Thankfully I had a dream last night and it inspired me to write this chapter! :D So, thank God for that! ^^ Amen~
Hope to see your comments again! Oh and I might consider making a short sequel to this story if I get enough votes for it on a poll that I will be posting up soon~