Babysitting (Pt.2)

My Hero In Black

I watched as a sigh escaped Sujeong’s lips. A faint crease appeared on her forehead as she thought about work and her current task: Babysitting. She was thinking about how horrible she was with kids. If you guys don’t remember, I can read her thoughts. “Hey, don’t be so hard on yourself. It’s your first time anyway…” I told her, she looked up at me and gave me a smile. ‘I hate how you can read my thoughts so easily but thanks anyway…’ She thought.  I smiled back at her and mouthed “You’re welcome”. Hyebin was busy playing with my left hand, which I had put on the table and my right hand was on Subin’s hip, preventing her from running off.

Sujeong put her hand on Hyebin’s head, smoothing down her hair, which became messy after a light breeze blew through it.  She smiled back when Hyebin smiled up at her. She looked the most beautiful then.  The leaves in the tree above of us rustled as another breeze came, blowing her hair back over her shoulder. Subin tugged the bottom of my shirt, breaking my focus on Sujeong. “Yes Subin?” I asked her. “Ahjussi can we go on some more rides?” She asked innocently. Right… Subin is the only one who calls me ahjussi. Hyebin calls me oppa. “Why don’t you ask your Aunt first?” I answered. She frowned, “But Aunt Sujeong will surely not let me!” She whined. “Subin-ah, I think that’s enough for one day…” Sujeong spoke. “You’re no fun!” Subin yelled. I could sense the slight hurt which Sujeong felt after hearing that.

I gently pulled my hand away from Hyebin, which made her a little upset, and held Subin’s shoulder, turning her to face me. “Now Subin, that’s no way to talk to your elders. You should be more grateful that your Aunt Sujeong, brought you here. There are so many other kids out there who don’t get this chance like you…” I told her in a slightly stern voice. She avoided eye contact with me as her bottom lip started to quiver.Oh God, here comes the tears… Sujeong and Hyebin watched me as I patted her head. “No, I’m not trying to scold you Subin-ah, I’m just telling you that you should respect your elders and be more grateful. Understand?” I explained. Subin nodded slowly as she sniffled. “Now go tell Aunt Sujeong you’re sorry that you spoke yelled at her like that…” I spoke. Immediately, she hopped off, the bench and ran over to hug Sujeong. Sujeong smiled at me before she hugged Subin, who was crying and apologizing at the same time. “Shh…” Sujeong hushed her as she rubbed her back. “Now, now Subin… You’re 4 years old. You can’t cry like a baby anymore okay?” She spoke. Hyebin took this opportunity to take her sister’s seat next to me so that she could climb into my lap.

‘Thank you…’ I heard Sujeong say in her mind. I smiled, knowing she was thanking me. When Subin finally stopped crying, she asked Sujeong to carry her. At least the girls were light enough to carry all the way to the parking lot and to the car. Whether it was because of the crying or the after effect of her excitement, Subin was the first to doze off in the back. Hyebin followed soon after. Sujeong, sat quietly in the passenger seat, watching the scenery outside as we drove to Garuso-gil. After walking, so much all of us were hungry.  

We found a spot in front of a cosmetic shop, there was an Italian-Korean restaurant upstairs  and we decided to eat there. The girls were still a little drowsy so we had to carry them upstairs.We ordered a large kimchi sausage pizza and talked while we waited for our food. This time Subin sat beside Sujeong and Hyebin next to me. The waiter brought a small box of color pencils and two coloring sheets for them. Hyebin squealed with laughter as soon as she received the coloring sheet. Subin, on the other hand just stared at the coloring sheet and pushed it across the table to her sister. She pouted and rested her head on her palm.

“Hongbin-ssi… Hongbin-ssi…” I heard Sujeong calling me. I just realized that I was too caught up in observing the twins. “Yeah?” I answered. “Thanks for helping me out today… And for driving us…” She smiled. “You’re welcome.” I replied, “I hope you don’t hate me for troubling you like this after cancelling our date…” She spoke as she lowered her head. “Hey, I told you I was fine with it. I like children anyway~” I laughed. Hyebin, finished coloring and started waving the coloring sheet in front of my face. “I’m done~~~” She sang. Subin clicked her tongue. “Show off…”

 After we eating, I got up to pay the bill but Sujeong grabbed my wrist just as I was about to open my wallet. “Let me pay!” She exclaimed as she quickly walked up to the counter and paid in cash. Hyebin and Subin grabbed both of my hands as we walked over to her. “You’ve done enough for me today…” Sujeong blushed. “Then you better promise me that when we go on our date, you’ll let me pay…” I smiled at her. She nodded. “Sure.” She replied as she grabbed Subin’s hand. “Let’s go home…” She spoke.

-

I stayed with Sujeong and the twins till her brother finally showed up. We were playing hide and seek just to pass the time when the doorbell rang. I was the first person to reach the door. I could smell him through the door. Hmmm… He isn’t a vampire. Subin and Hyebin ran up behind me with Sujeong who opened the door. “APPA!!!” The girls squealed as they ran to hug their father. “Did you guys behave well?” He asked. The two girls nodded. “It must’ve been hard for you Jeong…” He spoke as he looked up at his sister. He frowned when he saw me. “Jeong, who is this?” He asked.

“This is Hongbin, he is my..Er… Friend…” She answered, her cheeks became slightly pink. He nodded and stared at me. “Hi, my name is Hongbin. Lee Hongbin.” I shook his hand as I introduced myself. “Hongbin oppa is awesome Appa~” Hyebin spoke. Sujeong’s brother looked a little surprised at Hyebin. “He bought me ice cream and this teddy bear at Lotte World!” She added. “Oh did he, Sweetie?” He asked as he looked up at me. I smiled and nodded. “Well then, you better thank him for it…” He said. I shook my head. “It’s fine. I just wanted to help Sujeong out..” I spoke. He nodded as he shot Sujeong a look. “You have lots to explain…” He thought.

“Bye Aunt Sujeong! Bye Hongbin oppa!!!” The girls yelled through the car window as they drove off. I stepped out on the porch and spun around to look down at Sujeong. “I’m taking that as my cue to leave…” I joked. She nodded slowly and sighed. “I was really looking forward to our date today…” She confessed, I laughed and shook my head. “I told you we can go some other day… I checked my schedule and I would be free on Wednesday, will you be fine with that?” I spoke. She thought about it before nodding. “I don’t have much to do on that day… So why not?” She answered. “Good night Sujeong…” I waved as I turned to go to my car. Just as I took a step forward she hugged me from behind. “Thanks.” She mumbled in my back. “No problem…” I replied and with that we went on our separate ways.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: Yay I'm done with the babysitting episode~~ Gosh this was like the hardest episode for me because I seriously couldn't think of anything for this!>.< It's 3:40 AM now!!! Time flies by fast when you're writing... :L The previous chapter I uploaded was finished at 5 AM and uploaded immediately so I apologize for the grammatical errors and typos!!! I hope you enjoy and comment!!! :D Goodnight/morning people!!! <3