His Past And His Present

My Hero In Black

Hongbin was tidying up his bedroom before bed when he came across a picture which he kept in the drawer of his bedside table. He stared down at the picture in his hands as he sat on his bed. In the picture was a girl about his age who had her arms around his neck as they smiled at the camera. His right thumb moved over her face, as if he could feel her skin if he did that. The picture was taken on his 21st birthday, two years ago. “Solji…” He breathed as he set the picture down on his lap as he remembered that night with his ex-girlfriend.

-

Solji had come over to his condo with a cake and a bottle of champagne, she cooked dinner and she sang a birthday song for him. They had fun that night, cuddling on the sofa, watching a movie and drinking champagne. He kissed her, thanking her for everything and even made out with her. He remembered how she giggled as she asked him to stop and she took out her camera, wanting to take a picture with him. She went behind the sofa and wrapped her arms around his neck as he held up the camera.

-

He smiled as the flashback ended and he looked down at the picture again. He could still remember her laugh and her smile, her smell and her soft skin on his. A tear escaped from the corner of his eye as he smiled bitterly. “I miss you Solji…” He spoke to the picture.

He met Solji in a modeling agency he was working for at the time. He was there for a photo shoot when a girl had suddenly stumbled into the room, wearing 8-inch heels. She had fair skin and long chestnut brown hair. She quickly bowed and apologized for being late to the shoot and introduced herself as a 20-year old, Kim Solji. After the shoot he had treated the staff and the models to drinks and the two of them clicked. She was a nice girl who was sweet and well mannered.

They dated for a year before she went missing two weeks after his birthday. Her body was found, a month later in the forest where wolves had carried off some of her bones. The pain he experienced after losing her somehow activated his transformation into a vampire. He was just staring at the full moon one night when he felt a searing pain on his right chest and then the wolf’s head appeared and he grew fangs. He wasn’t alarmed about his transformation as he knew that vampirism ran in the family. Most of his family members did not transform until they have experienced some sort of pain.

He learned many of his newfound skills from his elder sister who was already a vampire. She thought him how to control his hunger for blood and how to change back into his human form. He promised his sister and himself that he will never kill for blood and will only drink small amounts of blood from people who let him feast on them. So far he had only drank from 5 people. The third person was when he met his friends.

He never loved another girl after Solji only because he thought that no other girl can make him move on. That was until he met Sujeong… There was something about her, which reminded him so much about Solji.

“She looks so much like her…”

He shook his head as Jaehwan’s words from their first date, echoed in his head. It wasn’t just the looks, it was the way she smiled, she laughed, she walked and even the way she would worry about eating at fancy restaurants… It’s as if Sujeong was the incarnation of Solji.

He wasn’t sure what to think of Sujeong when he first met her. But after staying with her and seeing how she was so nice to him even if he was someone she barely knew, he couldn’t help but develop feelings for her. She thinks he doesn’t notice the times when she would blush when she talked to him but oh how wrong she was. He noticed it each time.

They’ve been seeing each other for a month now and things are going really well for the two of them. Even Sujeong has grown comfortable enough to call him “Oppa”. He chuckled as he remembered when she had paused the movie they were watching at her house, 3 nights ago and asked if it was alright for her to call him that.

“Why are you so adorable?” He remembered asking her before he kissed her forehead making her cheeks turn pink. She could only smile at him as she snuggled into his chest as they continued their movie.

He smiled one more time at the picture in his lap before he kept it in the drawer of his bedside table and pulled the blanket over himself. He reached over, and switched off the lamp and then promised himself to never look at that picture again. “If I want to make new memories with Sujeong, I need to stop going back to the past…” And with that he drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: Hi there! I'm sorry for not posting anything for the past few days!!! *bows a hundred times* The nights I stayed awake writing for this story finally took its toll for me and I got too tired to think of anything to write and now with my exams coming closer, I fear that I may not be able to update as often as I use to.... And also I would like to take this opportunity to celebrate me having over 1000 views! :D And also 41 subscribers??? I really wanna thank you guys once again for commenting and reading my story! I love you guys!!!! Good night~ :3