Betrayal

My Hero In Black

I awoke to the sound of voices. My throat felt dry and painful and my nose felt the same. My eyes were still droopy and the floor beneath me looked like it was swaying. I tried shaking my wrists but they were tied behind me. I tried to kick my legs but they were also tied to the chair I was sitting on. I was trying to fight off the woozy feeling which was weighing my head down. I have to know my whereabouts now.

The air smelled stale and fishy, like an abandoned fishery or a warehouse near the docks. I couldn’t tell what time it was but I’d say it would be late evening, judging by how the interior of this space is getting darker. Only God knows how long I’ve been out. The voices then started to get louder and clearer.

“Chase, is this really necessary?”

“Did I ask you to speak newbie?”

“But Chase… She doesn’t deserve this…”

“What do you mean? Do you know her?”

“Erm… No…”

“Then shut the up!”

I winced at how loud that person’s voice was. My vision was getting blurry once more but I fought it long enough to look up at the person who was walking towards me.  It was the same man, who called me a , Chase. He walked towards me, his face still covered by that disgusting clown mask.

“Well, well… Our sleeping beauty has risen from her nap~” He laughed diabolically in his harsh, hoarse voice.

He stopped in front of me and reached out with his hand to caress my cheek.

“Don’t touch me!” I hissed.

He withdrew his hand and chuckled. “Still acting tough huh?” He asked.

“Where am I? Why am I here?” I demanded, my vision was blurring faster than ever.

“Don’t worry babe. You’re in my lair now, I’ll keep you completely safe here…” He answered as he started ing the front of my blouse.

“I said don’t touch me!” I screamed as I tried in a desperate attempt at freeing my legs to kick him.

That only made him laugh at me, “Awww…. How cute~” He spoke as his clown masked sneered down at me.

“Please stop!” I begged as soon as he tore off the blouse, leaving me in my bra.

“Boss! Ho-Young, got gunned down at a gang fight downtown!” A man yelled as he ran up to Chase.

Chase spun around almost immediately as he looked at the man.

“With who and when?” He growled as he reached behind a desk and pulled out a gun.

“The East Dragons, 10 minutes ago, Sir….” The man replied. Chase grunted as he loaded the gun and followed the man out.

“Keep an eye on her newbie! Don’t let her try anything funny to escape!” Chase yelled at the other clown who remained standing nearby.

“Those East Dirtbags will pay for shooting Ho-Young…”

As soon as they left, the newbie ran up to me and asked if I was okay.

“Why are you even talking to me?” I asked.

“Just answer me…” He spoke. I nodded.

He then looked left and right, even behind him before pulling off his mask. And there in front of me, stood a handsome young man with charismatic eyes and a red scar which ran down from the top of his right brow bone and down till his cheek. He had aged a little and had a small cut on his bottom lip but I recognized him anyway.

I gasped. “M-M-Minwoo oppa…”

“Sujeong, I knew it was you…” He spoke.

“Why are you here? Why are you even working with them???” I asked. I couldn’t believe it, why did someone as intelligent and hardworking as he, would drop to this level?

“I’m sorry… I’m really sorry… I didn’t mean to knock you out earlier… But Chase, he ordered me to. I borrowed money from him a few years ago to pay my college tuition funds but I couldn’t repay him so he made me work for him…” He answered.

“Minwoo, please let me go… I don’t want him to come back and resume whatever he was going to do with me!” I pleaded.

“I would love to Sujeong… But, I can’t… He…. He would kill me if he found out…” He frowned.

I can’t believe it… The person who I looked up to, the person who would always make it his job to stop the bullies and protect me, was now willing to let me be molested and in front of him just because he was scared of some buff Korean guy with an English name?

“Minwoo, please!” I begged but he had put on his mask again and was walking away from me.

“I’m sorry…” He spoke as he looked back at me before walking away.

It was then did I pass out again….

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: I hope you like this short chapter~ I was planning on updating this story a few days ago but I've been going out a lot >.< My apologies~ I'm just enjoying my long awaited break HAHA xD Shame on me for not updating any earlier~