Progress

My Hero In Black

The next few days spent with Hongbin as he recovered was somewhat awkward but also fun. It was awkward because, you know… Firstly, he is a man who I do not know so well, he has a smoking hot bod, he is a vampire with superhuman abilities, and he just told me that we are supposed to be soul mates (?). It is also awkward because he is sleeping in the same room with me because I had changed my guestroom into my home office. We don’t share the bed though, I’m not that kind of girl who offers her bed to every hot guy she sees.

It was fun because we got to talk a lot and know more about each other. Every day after work, I would come home to him, waiting for me at the front door with a smile on his face. His wounds were healing excellently so he would always cook dinner for the two of us while I showered. He stayed alone in a high end condo in the city, worked as a freelance blogger, and made cash by accepting side jobs as a photographer for weddings and modelling agencies. His job lifestyle sounded a lot more interesting than my own. I was only an accountant who made ₩1,800,000 ($1684.54) a month, typing away in a small grey cubicle.

He grew up in a middle-class family with two older sisters, in the city and even lived with his grandmother in a Buddhist temple. I on the other hand, came from a family who were a little better off, and spent my whole childhood and teenage life in another city not far from this one. My brother and I share a 7 year , meaning that he moved out of the house a lot earlier than I did, to pursue his medical studies in England. Now he is married with 2 daughters who are twins. They are my nieces, HyeBin and SuBin who I loved dearly.

Unlike me, he was popular in school and had lots of friends and even ‘fan girls’. He loved basketball so he joined his school basketball team and made most of his friends there. He was even given the nickname ‘Handsome Prince’ by his teachers and his fans because of his face. Me? My nickname was ‘Plain Jane’ because unlike most of the rich girls in my school I was a little below the boys’ beauty standards. I was part of the school’s drama club but only the ‘pretty ones’ got casted by big agencies at our school events.

Hongbin and I share a few mutual traits too. We both were a bit carefree in terms of getting dressed up and we both were kind of clumsy, and we were very obedient children, always listening to our elders and watching our words around our parents. Our eyes always become two crescent moons when we laugh and we both liked the singer Park HyoSin and we both loved curry and sweet and sour pork (Yummy~).

Of course, we had our differences too. He loves the color Royal Navy Blue which I didn’t really like, I prefer brighter colors like Sherbet Yellow which he didn’t like too. I laughed when he told that I didn’t have taste in colors. “You sir, have no idea how delightful it is to be surrounded by bright colors!” was my reply.

Today is Friday and I came home earlier than usual because apparently the C.E.O had some huge meeting with the shareholders and didn’t want his employees eavesdropping on them. I found Hongbin sprawled out on my living room sofa, flipping through my fashion magazine. He looked like a bored child. The moment he heard me opening the shoe closet, he sat up, chucking the magazine on to the coffee table. “You’re home early…” He commented.

“Why? Was I interrupting something?” I snickered as I shut the closet door. He coughed, turning away with red cheeks. “No, I am not that kind of man….” He spoke. “Just trying to figure out why you women love reading these magazines…” He added. “Simple. Just to find out what’s the new trend this season and get tips on how to dress better…” I answered as I freed my hair from its tight bun. He looked at me and smiled. “You look better this way…” He spoke. “How?” I asked. “You should let your hair down like this more often, you look a lot older with your hair up in that tight bun everyday…” He answered. His answer made me blush with delight. “Thanks…” I smiled as he got up to put away the magazines. He was wearing my pink singlet which looked skin tight on him and my black straight legged jeans. I stared at him with my mouth open, how did he manage to fit into those? Those are size 28! (His looked amazing in it though hehe…)

I heard him chuckle as he reached up to place the magazines back on the bookshelf. “Are you that interested in me?” He asked. “Excuse me?” I asked not really getting his question. He spun around with a smirk and walked over to me in the middle of the room, and put his hand on my shoulder. “Admit it, you were checking me out…” He whispered into my left ear. My face immediately became heated. “I-I was not!” I stuttered as I pushed him away. “I-I got to go take a shower…” I spoke as I quickly made my way to the stairs. “Do you want me to cook tonight?” He asked but I was already upstairs.

I locked myself in the bathroom and felt my cheeks with my hands. They were warm and there was tingly feeling all over me. This crush I was having on him is getting stronger and stronger with each day. It was so silent upstairs that I could hear my own heart beating. “What is that man doing to me?” I spoke in a soft voice, just so he can’t hear me with his crazy hearing skills and with that, I hopped into the shower.

That night after dinner, I suggested that we watched a movie before bed. He agreed and fought with me over who got to choose the movie. He wanted to watch a scary movie while I on the other hand wanted to watch a comedy. In the end we gave up arguing and chose ‘Scary Movie 4’ which was a movie which was both a little scary and funny at the same time. As we watched the movie, I noticed that he was scooting closer to me on the sofa. But, whenever I looked at him, he was perfectly still. Slowly I could feel my eye lids getting heavier and eventually I ended up sleeping against his arm. 

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: Wow! I'm already at Chapter 6??? This is a first for me! HAHA xD Oh, the joys of logging in and finding new comments and subscribers for this story~ So much motivation!!! :D I would really like to thank you guys for supporting me! <3 Keep the comments and upvotes (optional) coming!