Unexpected Visit

My Hero In Black

The days leading up to Sujeong’s very first date flew by in a flash. She was both nervous and excited to see what Hongbin, had planned for the two of them. The thought of going out with Hongbin, was just enough for her to make it through the week, which was considered one of the most stressful weeks she had in the 2 years she had been working in the company. First, the only other accountant who worked with her went missing. She just did not turn up for work and did not even have the courtesy to call in sick or inform her boss that she would be on emergency leave. Without that woman, Sujeong had to do all the work by herself, which meant pulling an all-nighter, bringing her work home, to finish it. Second, constantly being asked questions by Yerim who was curious as to where she had disappeared that night in the club. She couldn’t tell her that she was attacked by a vampire so she just told Yerim, that something had come up and she had to leave suddenly. Lastly, her boss was constantly in a bad mood and would summon her into his room to receive his yelling for the littlest of mistakes.

As she stepped into her house that Friday night, she breathed a sigh of relief as she realized her stressful week had finally ended. Chucking her stilettos into the shoe closet, she freed her hair from its tight ponytail and ed the first few buttons of her work blouse, making herself feel a little more comfortable. She locked her front door and put her keys into a small bowl on the table in the foyer table. She flipped the light switch, turning on the lights in the living room. Her eyes landed on the living room sofa where she had treated Hongbin’s wounds. She smiled. “Strange, we’ve only met 2 weeks ago but I feel as if I’ve known him for months…”

She went upstairs to take a shower and change before coming back down to cook dinner. She had just set the heat for the porridge when her house phone rang. Turning the heat lower, she rushed for the cordless phone and answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey sis…” It was her brother, JunHyuk.

“Oh hey oppa…”

“Someone sounds exhausted. Just got home from work?”

“Yeah and now I’m making porridge..”

“You should really learn how to take a day off sometime you know?”

She chuckled, “No way, you know that I would get restless if I skip a day for no reason…”

“Anyway, the main reason why I’m calling is to let you know that I’ll be going over to your house with my family tomorrow. Hyebin and Subin have been begging me all week!”

Sujeong’s eyes widen, tomorrow??? She had a date tomorrow! It wasn’t just any date; it was her very first date! However, she really missed her brother and his family too….

“Er….” She hesitated for a moment, not knowing what to say.

“Do you already have plans? I could always tell them you’re busy…” She heard him say.

“No! I mean, no, I’d be delighted to have you guys over tomorrow!” She told him, before feeling her heart get heavy. She had been anticipating tomorrow’s date for the whole week and now she had to cancel.

“Great! I’ll tell them that their favorite aunt will be happy to see them tomorrow!”

She laughed, “That’s because I’m their only aunt dummy!”

“See you tomorrow sis! I love you…”

“Love you too Junnie…” She pressed the ‘End Call’ button and fell back on the sofa. Why? Why of all days he had to choose to come, why did it have to be on the day of her date? She sighed and placed the cordless phone back on its receiver before grabbing her phone to send a text to Hongbin.

-

To: Hongbin-ssi

Hey, I’m sorry but I have to cancel tomorrow’s date. I’m really sorry…

-

She waited for a moment before she got his reply.

-

From: Hongbin-ssi

Oh, that’s fine. We can always reschedule it to some other day~ Did something come up?

-

She smiled at least he wasn’t disappointed in her. She quickly texted him back before going back to the kitchen to check on her porridge. Seeing that it was cooking nicely, she took the lid off to stir it, so the bottom wouldn’t burn.

-

To: Hongbin-ssi

My brother’s family is coming over. Finally, I get to meet my nieces after nearly 5 weeks!

-

When the timer she had set went off, she took the pot off the stove cautiously and poured the porridge into a bowl before dumping the pot into the kitchen sink, steam filled the air as she the tap, letting the cold water fill it up. She knew too well that if you left a little amount of porridge at the bottom for too long, it would get dry and stubbornly stick to the pot. Her phone buzzed on the countertop indicating she got another text. She turned off the tap and went to read it.

-

From: Hongbin-ssi

Wow, that’s good to hear! Have fun then. I’ll call you some other time to discuss when our next date will be. Take care of yourself and sleep well tonight. Goodnight!

-

She smiled as she read the message. She texted him back, apologizing once again before telling him good night. After putting down her phone, she sat down to eat her porridge. ‘Sometimes I just wonder if all this is just too good to be true, like there is no way, that Hongbin is like every girl’s perfect boyfriend…’ She thought as she ate her porridge in silence.

Thoughts about her brother and his family popped up in her mind instantly making her feel better. She could already imagine her two nieces squealing with laughter as they run over to hug her, her brother and his wife, Minyoung, walking behind them with bright smiles. Her parents’ and her brother’s random visits are the only thing which made her happy whenever she thinks about it.

After cleaning all the dishes and setting them aside to dry, she turned off the lights in the house and climbed into bed with a smile on her face. ‘Tomorrow will be fun…’ 

 

 

 

 

-

Author's Note: Oh no~ The date is cancelled! But atleast we finally get to meet her two favorite nieces now right? :) Managed to only write this much tonight cause I'm super sleepy now so goodnight! Hope you guys enjoy it! Love reading your comments, I smile everytime when I do xD Thank you to whoever upvoted my story! It really means alot to me~ Love you! <3