Questions

My oppa, Lee Sungmin

Miyoung POV:

Ryeowook's childish personality made me smile.  It's been a long time since I've seen someone that pure and innocent.  Even when he grabbed my hand in embarrassment, I didn't mind.  He seemed like someone I could get along with.

As we went down the stairs, I got the first real glimpse of the Super Junior dorm.  How many rooms did it have?  Definitely way more than a normal apartment.  I noticed the messy floors, strange posters, unmade beds, and I think that one room even had an animal cage in it.

Twelve boys sat around in the living room waiting for something.  I assumed that they were waiting for me.

"Guys, should we introduce ourselves?"  One man--I assumed him to be the leader--spoke to the other eleven.

"Why not?"  

"We are Super Junior!"  They stuck their hands out in front of them, and I frowned.  What the heck are they doing?  They all stood smiling, expecting a reaction out of me.  Confused, I just bowed to all of them.

"Thank you for letting me stay for a few months."

Silence filled the room.  One of the boys coughed awkwardly.

"You don't...know...us?"  One frowned.  "I suppose we aren't known as much as we'd like to be."

My eyes widened.  "It's not that!  It's just...I...don't like Kpop much.  There are too many love related songs and not enough songs on the more realistic things in life.  But I do have one exception to Kpop, which is CNBLUE."

"You don't like Kpop, but you speak the language, and you're living with some of the biggest stars in Korea?"  One guy that sort of reminded me of a monkey spoke up.  He had single eyelids too.  I thought that Korean idols had their eyes done?  But this guy didn't.

"So you don't know our names then?"

"I know Kim Heechul-ssi, and I know Kim Ryeowook-ssi."

"You mean, Kim Heechul oppa."

I smiled sadly and shook my head.  "I'm sorry, Heechul-ssi, but I don't think that I can call you oppa just yet."  Then my eyes met my brother's eyes.  He stood still, emotionless, cold, and distant.  All of the courage that I had before disappeared at the very moment I met his eyes.

Instead of staring back at me, he glared at Ryeowook, who stood behind me.  "Kim Ryeowook, you held her hand?"

"Eh?"

"I saw you."

"I--"

"Follow me, Ryeowook-ah.  I need to set some ground rules with you."  Sungmin took Ryeowook aside.  I silently prayed for Ryeowook's safety.  I remember when Sungmin interrogated my ex-boyfriend.  He's too protective.  Before I could think more about that, the members and I sat in a circle, and they asked me questions.

"My name is Park Jungsoo, but the others call me Teukie umma, since I am the 'mother' of the group.  How old are you?"

"Nineteen."

"Do you consider it weird when men dress up?"  Heechul asked.

"Not really, but I suppose it does depend on the person."

"My name is Hangeng, but in Korea I go by Hankyung.  Do you like Beijing fried rice?  I make it a lot when Ryeowook doesn't feel well enough to cook."

"Well, I've never tried it before, but I would like to--"

"Do you like turtles?"  Another man interrupted my train of thought, which caused me to blank out.  "I'm Jongwoon, by the way.  But call me Yesung."

"Yeah."

"Do you know how to fight?"  One strong looking guy spoke up.  "Kim Youngwoon here, but don't get me mixed up with the weirdo who just spoke.  I go by Kangin."

"Sort of..."

"Define 'sort of'."

"I'm kind of a black belt?"

Kangin's mouth dropped open, and I simply stared.  Then another man spoke up.  He was a little on the chubby side, but then again, maybe all of the other guys were underweight.  "Do you like to eat?"

"Yes.  I pretty much live to eat."

That same monkey guy from earlier spoke.  "Do you like monkeys or fishes better?"

"Say fishy!"  The guy next to him said.

"Say monkey"

"I like dogs?"

"Can you call us oppa?  I would be Hyukjae oppa, and that mean fish over there would be Donghae oppa."

"I...can't..."

"My name is Siwon."  The next guy spoke.  "I don't normally live here because I have my own apartment.  But I was wondering if you would accompany me to church sometime?"

"Sure."

"Can you speak English?  I'm Kim Kibum.  It's a common name, so remember my face instead."

"I went to college in the United States, so when I speak English, there's a slight accent."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"  The guy playing with the video games drawled.  There was something...evil looking...about him.

"I--I"

"You had a boyfriend, Miyoung-ah?" one of them exclaimed loudly.  I glanced up at him, but returned my gaze to the guy speaking.

"I...did."

"So you've had your first kiss?"  The guy with the video game asked.

"Yes."

"Can you do the cute act that Sungmin can do?"  Heechul asked.

I paused for a moment.  "What do you have to do?"

"Act cute."

"I don't think--"

"Pretend that you really want some candy, but Kyuhyun won't give you any."  Heechul gestured to the guy holding the video game.  So that's what his name is.

The others nodded in agreement.  Kyuhyun put his game down and walked over.

"Heechul-ssi--"

"Start!"

I scrunched up my face in displeasure.  Kyuhyun stood there, waiting for me to start.  Do boys like this kind of thing?

"Oppa!" I smiled and grabbed on to Kyuhyun's arm.

"Yes?" He smirked, which made me pout.  Cuteness wasn't my style.

"Can I have some of that candy?  Will you buy it for me?"

"Oppa doesn't have money--"

"Please, oppa?  I really really want some!"

"Sorry, but oppa can't--"

"Really?"  I gave the best puppy dog eyes I could muster and stared at Kyuhyun.

"On second thought...I...guess I could buy you some candy."

I sat back down, and Kyuhyun resumed his game.  "Never make me do that again," we both said at the same time.

"Her aegyo is too good."

"If I was Kyuhyun, I would've gotten you candy as soon as you grabbed my arm."  Donghae commented.

"You really are Sungmin's sister, huh," Yesung spoke.