Bonding

My oppa, Lee Sungmin

Miyoung POV:

After a very amusing argument between Sungming and Ryeowook, the dorm became very quiet.  Most of the Super Junior members left for their individual schedules, taking their loud personalities with them.

I smiled effortlessly at Hyukjae, which made him frown.  "Why so happy?"

"Nothing."

"You've seemed miserable ever since you came."

"No, I've been fine."

"Right."

"Don't you have a schedule?" I asked.

"Nah."

"Why not?" I asked.

"There aren't any promotions," he replied.

"So?"

"So I can take a day off if I want to?"

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, bye." I walked away from Hyukjae and up the stairs.  

On the way into my room, I stupidly tripped over my suitcase.  My iPod fell out, and I remembered that I downloaded a bunch of Korean songs before I came here.

"Wow, I actually understand some of these now," I muttered.  Scrolling through my Korean playlist, I hit an interesting one.  It's You by Super Junior.

I could feel the beat.  Even though it was a ballad, I could feel their emotions.  Innocent foot tapping turned into full out dancing.  I grinned as I successfully carried out some decent dance moves.  Sure, I wasn't the best dancer, but I wasn't the worst.

"Hey kid, you're not that bad."

"Hyukjae-ssi?"

"It's oppa."

"I don't believe in that word."

"Well, anyway, I thought you were some miserable chick that needed a therapist.  I guess I was wrong."

"Thanks?"

Hyukjae POV:

"I'll help you with some of the harder steps,"  I said.

"Thanks," she muttered, staring at the ground.

"You can't learn if you're staring at the floor," I teased.

"Sorry, Hyukjae-ssi."

I leaned behind her and pressed the play button.  She stared at me, unmoving.  I cleared my throat uncomfortably and started to sing and dance.  Just when I was about to finish, she started to laugh.

She laughed.  Embarrassed, I turned around.  Why did I dance for the kid if all she was going to do was laugh?  Then, she tapped me on the shoulder.  When I turned around, she poked my cheek.

"I'm gonna get you back!" I growled.

"I'm sorry, Hyukjae-ssi."  She pouted.

"Nope!  I'm still gonna get you back!" I said.  I started walking toward her.  She ran.  The door was closed, however, so she didn't get very far.

"No!"  She screamed in mock-terror.  I smiled innocently.  I reached for her small body and picked her up.  She laughed and pounded on my back.  

"You can let me go now," she said.

"This, kid, is your payback!"  I grinned back at her.

She pouted.  I gulped.  Aegyo is my weakness!  How did she know?

"It's not gonna work!"  I said.  I won't give in!

"Fine," she said.

"Come on, let's hang out in my room.  Yours is kind of messy now."  I gestured toward the mess we had made.  "Maybe we could play some video games?"

"Sure!" she said.

"Yah, Lee Hyukjae! What are you doing to my sister!" Sungmin yelled as I passed him in the hallway.

"Taking her to her doom." I started walking faster.  Miyoung chuckled.

"You better not do anything!" he yelled as I shut the door.  I locked it too.

We bonded that day.  I'm glad I got to know Miyoung better.  From the outside, she seems arrogant and distant.  But on the inside, she's just like any other kid: innocent, friendly, and funny.