#Case006

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case006 – A Discovery

 

“Nice to meet you.” Eunhwa smiled feebly – it didn’t seem that she was smiling though – when she introduced herself to Soojung.

 

“Yeah, nice to meet you but unfortunately, we meet at the wrong place.” Soojung cackled when she looked at the surroundings. Yup, in cemetery; they met each other.

 

Was it a fate?

 

“Miss Jung. I was actually on my way to go to my family’s grave so I would get going first.” Eunhwa politely request to go to her brother and also fiancé’s grave to Soojung.

 

“Ah...yes, yes. Sure.” Soojung then gave a space for Eunhwa walked past her. But, when Eunhwa was on her way; she found out a face that she knew before. Her footsteps suddenly stopped and she just staring to the picture.

 

“I do think I know her....” Eunhwa said it under her breath but still could be captured by Soojung’s ear.

 

“What?” Then, she looked at Eunhwa who was still stares into her sister’s picture. She felt weird.

 

Eunhwa as if couldn’t believe her own eyes, looked to it for one more time. Her eyes didn’t even blinking for a second. She seemed in a real shock.

 

Soojung tried to think about her sister’s friends as she knew all her sister’s friends. Mostly yes, she knew them. And she confident that Eunhwa was not in Sooyeon’s friends list.

 

“Do you possibly know my sister?” Eunhwa shocked by sudden question by Soojung so she quickly shifted her gaze towards Soojung face and Sooyeon’s picture back and forth.

 

“You are...her sister?” Eunhwa didn’t answer Soojung’s question but did asked her a question then.

 

“Yes, I am. But once again I want to ask you Miss Jung, do you know my sister?” Soojung was quite sure Eunhwa knew her sister. Her eyes could tell that just by the way she stared to Sooyeon’s picture – it did give that kind of thought.

 

“How can I say this? Actually I stared to your sister’s picture because she was so beautiful and yet, your face does looks like her a bit.” Eunhwa seemed as calm as she could when she answered Soojung’s curiosity about her relationship with Sooyeon.

 

“Oh, is that so?” Soojung smiled. “By the way, thanks. I thought you know her.”

 

“No... I don’t know her. If just I and your sister met earlier, for sure maybe we’d already be best friends.” Eunhwa couldn’t stop herself for not looking to the picture with a lot of questions lingering in her mind.

 

“Yup. Could be in that way.” Soojung agreed with Eunhwa’s sentences. It’s all about time.

 

Still early or it’s just too late.

 

“Jung Sooyeon.” Eunhwa read the name engraved on the tombstone. “It’s unfortunate that she died in such a young age.” Then, Eunhwa suddenly said something that strike Soojung’s heart.

 

“Yeah.” She nods with a hard sigh went out from . ‘Unnie, do you hear that? You shouldn’t leave me alone in this world when I still need you, right by my side.’ Soojung then slowly whispered almost to herself – sentences that she kept for years.

 

“Miss Jung. It seemed that I had to go to work first. Goodbye and I hope we’ll meet again soon.” Soojung then quickly left the cemetery area after she bowed to Eunhwa. Eunhwa just looked to Soojung from afar before she headed towards the grave that was just a few graves away from Sooyeon’s.

 

“Oppa.” Then, she shifted her gaze towards the tombstone beside her brother’s. “Youngjae ahh.”

 

“I can’t stop miss both of you – you guys know that right?”

 

Himchan waited for Gunwoo while scrolling his phone to read current news for today. There’s no single news that could make his eyes fixed onto it so he made decisions to just close the Internet browser and looked for the menu book instead.

 

“What to choose....” He whispered to himself about the food that he wanted to choose.

 

“You should choose cheese burger.”

 

Himchan stunned by the sudden voice that helped him to made his choice. He quickly put his menu book aside and looked for the person that said it to him with a smile.

 

It’s Gunwoo.

 

“Hey. I thought you won’t come.” Himchan couldn’t stop smile when he saw his friend took a seat in front of him.

 

“Yah! Didn’t I tell you that I’ll meet you up later? That’s already mean that I’ll come here and have a lunch with you despite I have my busy-endless work in the police station.” Gunwoo smirked while took the menu book and gestured a waiter to come towards them.

 

“I want spaghetti and lemonade for drink. How about you Himchan?”

 

“Cheese burger.” He chuckled. “And Americano please.”

 

The waiter then gone as soon as he took both Gunwoo and Himchan’s order. Himchan just stared to Gunwoo that was laughing non-stop in front of him.

 

“Yah! I thought this super Himchan wouldn’t ever choose his favourite cheese burger as today’s lunch!”

 

“Well...I didn’t mean that I hate cheese burger since then...”

 

“Arasso. Arasso. Now I feel better; it’s Himchan that I knew for years in front of me now.” Gunwoo then stopped his laugh and plastered a friendly smile on his face.

 

“I’m still the same person anyway.” Himchan said with a sad tone; all the memories of him and Sooyeon for suddenly filled his mind.

 

“Yeah, you are.” They for suddenly stayed in a long silence right until their foods ordered came. They eat it silently – as it’s became so awkward between them.

 

Several minutes later, they had finished their scrumptious lunch. Himchan then finds something in his briefcase that he brought along together with him.

 

“What are you looking for, Himchan ahh?” Gunwoo became curious with the thing that Himchan looked for as Himchan’s face reaction was so serious.

 

Himchan kept searched for the thing; and finally he found it and took it out.

 

It’s a bracelet. Star-shaped in design and really beautiful.

 

“A bracelet?” Gunwoo tilted his head to take a look on the bracelet that was being put inside a transparent plastic bag that Himchan held.

 

“Actually I have something to tell you. I just remembered that I’d found this inside Sooyeon’s trench coat pocket.” Himchan then gave the bracelet along with the plastic bag to Gunwoo.

 

“What’s with this bracelet? I still can’t get it.” Gunwoo scratched his head, wondered about what exactly Himchan wanted to say to him about this star-shaped bracelet.

 

“It’s not Sooyeon’s. I’d never saw it before. And I found it in her coat that she wore on the day she died.” Himchan slowly stated his points, which made Gunwoo taken aback for a second.

 

“So, who’s the owner of this bracelet then?” Gunwoo quickly asked Himchan to tell him more information about this bracelet. Maybe this could lead him to the killer though.

 

“I don’t know. But if you see through it carefully, you can see there’s a long line of blood on one of the star’s sides.” Gunwoo then slowly examined the star bracelet until he found blood stain as Himchan told him just now.

 

“Yup, you’re right. Don’t worry. We could know the owner by the DNA analysis. I’ll send this bracelet to our lab for that.” Gunwoo then saved the bracelet into his jacket pocket.

 

“By the way, is the killer a girl? I was pretty sure I saw man’s figure when he stabbed... Sooyeon.” Himchan asked Gunwoo with his shook voice, mostly when he said Sooyeon’s name.

 

“We can’t be so sure about that. As far as I can say...there’s a bit of confusion here. We can’t tell the killer’s gender anymore. Damn!” Gunwoo became mad with the current situation. But he felt glad at the same time as he had found something as important as this bracelet.

 

Then, the waiter came and sent the bill to their table. Himchan then quickly gave his credit card to the waiter without gave a chance for Gunwoo took out his money from his wallet.

 

“Yah! Kim Himchan!” Gunwoo felt frustrated by his friend. Himchan just laughed to see Gunwoo’s reaction.

 

“Didn’t I tell you before that it’s my treat for this time?”


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)