#Case039

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case039 – Wedding Dress

 

BEEP

 

A loud beep sound echoed inside the white room. And it continuously beeps, following the heartbeat of the man that was lying unconsciously on the bed, without even show a sign to be back alive.

 

Back to the cruel reality.

 

CRAK

 

The door been slightly opened, and an elder woman with a young woman behind her entered the room.

 

The elder woman then went towards the man before she shifted her gaze to the machine to monitor for his heartbeat rate. “His heartbeat was stable. He should be waking up sooner or later.”

 

“He should,” The young woman replied as her hands was swiftly wrote something on his health report. “Or else he will be such a sleeping beauty for forever-“

 

“And his brain will turn out malfunction, and he will eventually die,” The elder woman sighed hard. She then looked over to his face once again before she simply shook her head. “It’s such a miracle that he could survive up until this moment.”

 

The young woman nodded. She was totally agreed with it either.

 

She could vividly remember when they found him somewhere in the woods. They were actually gone to the woods to find for the herbs, but they found him instead. He was badly injured and he looked like he was going to die in anytime if not for them to give an emergency treatment to him right away.

 

“Nurse Seo,” The elder woman called for the young woman and snapped her back to reality. “You should take a good care of him.”

 

“I will, Doctor Kim,” Nurse Seo nodded. Doctor Kim then patted Nurse Seo’s shoulder before she went out from the room.

 

CRAK

 

Nurse Seo sighed. She looked towards his pale visage carefully.

 

“He looks so handsome despite his comatose condition,” Nurse Seo smiled a bit before she went over to check for his IV. “What a pity if a handsome man like him ended up die.”

 

As soon as she finished checking his IV, she took his blanket and pulled it up to his chest, where she could felt his heartbeat.

 

“I hope that you won’t ever give up in your life. You looked like you’re so desperate at that time; as if you have something that to keep you alive, just as how you did right now.”

 

Nurse Seo pulled away her hands and looked for his face for the last time as she was going to check for other patients in their wards. “Stay strong and face it, whatever obstacles that hampered you down, just face it. Prove to the world that you can do it.”

 

She smiled before she turned around when suddenly a hand gripped on her wrist. Nurse Seo turned her body around just to meet with a man that was eventually in his conscious state – he finally woke up.

 

She was surprised by what she had seen. It was indeed, a miracle.

 

The man frowned at first he opened his eyes. But soon as his eyes could adapt with the enormous amount of light, he scanned his surrounding, until finally his eyes landed on the surprised Nurse Seo right in front of him.

 

And only one question that he could think of as soon as he discovered that he didn’t know this room. Everything was surreal in his eyes and yet, he didn’t even remember how he could be here.

 

“W-Where...am I?”

 

 

“I never meant to kill Daehyun. I just wanted to kill Youngjae, as he was the one who took Eunhwa away from me!”

 

Eunhwa cringed at the thought. She couldn’t imagine how she could face him anymore.

 

As his image in her eyes was tainted with blood.

 

Daehyun and Youngjae’s blood.

 

“But, as if the fate was meant for me; unexpectedly Daehyun was there, together with Youngjae in his car that I’d modified for an accident to really happen and....boom! It was magnificent, and I’d even kill two birds with one stone. Huh!”

 

Eunhwa closed her ears with her hands. She didn’t want to hear it. She never wants to hear it again and again. But as if her mind keeps replaying it, she could almost felt like she was going to be crazy enough.

 

This world is crazy.

 

A subtle knock then enter her eardrum thus made her snapped and quickly tried her best to hide his anxious reaction on her face. She combed her hair with her delicate fingers and wiped any leftover tears on her beautiful face.

 

Then, Himchan entered her room.

 

“My lovely Eunnie,” Himchan smiled upon looking towards Eunhwa’s face. “I miss you already.”

 

Eunhwa’s grip on her clothes tightened. “It’s okay, Jung Eunhwa.”

 

Himchan then walked towards her and leaned in for a kiss. Before this, Eunhwa used to turned her head to the opposite direction every time when Himchan tried to kiss her; but not on this day.

 

As she have to. As this was the only way for her to save Soojung and Jongup.

 

“Your life...are actually depends on how Eunhwa would accept me for my proposal. If she says yes, maybe I’ll consider letting you two alive, but if her answer is no...I’ll kill you, two of you.”

 

Eunhwa closed her eyes. She wasn’t ready, and she even couldn’t accept it either if not for Soojung and Jongup’s sake.

 

And Himchan’s lips landed on hers.

 

“Eunnie ahh,” Himchan exclaimed as soon as he broke the kiss. “W-we...kissed just now, am I right? I-I’m not the one who just feel it right? Y-you – do you feel it too?”

 

Eunhwa opened her eyes and looked to Himchan. Her expressionless façade didn’t give out any reaction, but deep inside herself; she would like to just strangle the man that was right in front of her at this very moment.

 

“Yes, I feel it. I feel that I want to kill you so badly, Kim Himchan.”

 

“Eunhwa ahh...finally,” Himchan grinned from ear to ear. “Do you know how much I wait for this moment to come – the moment where you will finally accept me?”

 

Then, he held Eunhwa’s hand softly and brought it over his chest – where she could felt his heartbeat.

 

“I love you, Jung Eunhwa. Before, now and always.”

 

“I love you before as a friend. But I hate you now and always; as you’re the cause...my loved ones died.”

 

“I’m so happy right now,” Himchan then suddenly stood up, and motioned Eunhwa to do the same. “I’m not going to reveal it now but as you’d accepted me more than just as your best friend, I’ll show you.”

 

Eunhwa couldn’t help but to wonder what Himchan had schemed up for her.

 

And she couldn’t stop to hate him even more, when her eyes met his psychotic smile.

 

She trailed behind Himchan as her hand clasped inside Himchan’s hand where he brought her out from her room and walked through several empty room inside the house. Then, as soon as they arrived in front of his bedroom, Himchan opened the door and turned around to face her.

 

“I’ll show you.”

 

Himchan lifted her up in bridal style and put her down slowly on his bed. He smiled and gave Eunhwa a kiss before he walked towards one of the cupboards and opened it.

 

“This is for you, Eunnie. Isn’t it as lovely as you?”

                                                      

Eunhwa surprised as soon as she saw a beautiful laced wedding dress which was white in colour inside the cupboard as soon as its door had been opened. It was her dream to actually wearing that kind of wedding dress; but she dreamt it to be happened between her and her fiancé, Youngjae – not even once did she thought she would end up with Himchan.

 

The unpredictable future.

 

Her eyes billowed with tears. But she tried to hold it in.

 

Himchan smiled. He knew that Eunhwa would love the dress as much as him. Then, he glanced towards a small velvet box in his hand.

 

He would like to propose her.

 

“Jung Eunhwa,” Himchan called for Eunhwa’s name as soft as he could as he made his way towards her. Then, he kneels before her with a triumphant smile on his face.

 

“I know that you’re just accepted me but as I’d waited you for such a long time before, I’m afraid that you’ll go away from me. I don’t know why, but I got those feelings in me. I’m sorry as it seems that I didn’t believe you enough but frankly speaking, I don’t even believe in myself either.”

 

Himchan sighed. It’s true that he couldn’t believe himself.

 

All his wrongdoings before; it wasn’t happened under his control. He was in his wild state at that moment, and he was, indeed, feel sorry for everything that he had done before.

 

And he promised himself for not being in his Madman character, as soon as he became Eunhwa’s husband.

 

And that was one of the reasons why he would like to marry her – in order to stop his own Hyde – as fast as possible.

 

And to fulfill his own desire; his own obsession on her.

 

“So, will you,” Himchan brought out the velvet box from his hand and opened it. A petite diamond ring was revealed. “Marry me, Jung Eunhwa?”

 

“Your life...are actually depends on how Eunhwa would accept me for my proposal. If she says yes, maybe I’ll consider letting you two alive, but if her answer is no...I’ll kill you, two of you.”

                         

And she couldn’t hold her tears. No more.

 

As she finally knew that she had to sacrifice herself for this proposal.

 

A wedding proposal.

 

Himchan that had discovered she was actually crying tried to coo her and wiped her tears with his thumb. “What’s wrong, Eunnie? Am I probably surprised you with this sudden proposal?”

 

Eunhwa shook her head. “Everything was wrong, since from the very beginning.”

 

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t-“

 

“Y-yes.”

 

Himchan’s eyed bulged. “W-what did you say?” Himchan held her shoulders. “Y-you’re talking to me just now right? I’m not imagining things-“

 

Eunhwa was actually surprised that her voice cord could finally vibrate and brought back her voice. Once again she tried with the same word she had said before.

 

“Yes.”

 

It did sounds croaked a bit, but it’s a relief for her that she could still talk. And as for Himchan, it was a miracle that happened just before their wedding-to-be which could lead them to lucky days ahead in the future.

 

With that belief, he hugged Eunhwa tightly. “I’m so glad for you, Eunnie! And, thank you for accepting me.”

 

Eunhwa didn’t shake her head or even nodded. She was drowned inside her mind as she thought about how her future will be.

 

She couldn’t imagine it. And she didn’t want to face it too.

 

With her voice that finally recovers, could it mean that she was destined to be with Himchan?

 

Or, it could mean that she shouldn’t lose hope yet, as she could actually make up something to change her future?

 

She would rather choose the second probability. Yes, she should believe in herself from now on.

 

She would save Soojung and Jongup; and include herself.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry for troubling all of you here. I really didn’t know how to show my gratitude as you were my life-saver after all.”

                                       

Doctor Kim and Nurse Seo looked towards one another with a smile before shifted their gazes back to the man that was ready to leave them soon.

 

It was an unusual sight to just see him in his casual attire could walk and even talk to them and even smiled – they just couldn’t believe their eyes as in last week, he was still in his hospital clothes and lying unconsciously on the bed.

 

“We’re more than glad to see you back to life. No need to thanks us, your fate is all depends on God.”

 

He let out a small laugh. He finally realized that he was in a village hospital right after he had fully regained back his memory which took him almost days – and it was actually fast than what he’d expected from himself – and finally he made his decision to come back to his normal life.

 

His life right before he ended up in his comatose condition for almost a year.

 

“Yes, I know,” He then held Doctor Kim’s hand affectionately. “But I still feel thankful for both of you, and also the entire crews of this hospital. Thank you, Doctor.”

 

Doctor Kim softly patted his hand. “It seems that we have to say goodbye to each other, isn’t it?”

 

He slightly nodded. “Yes.”

 

“Don’t forget to take your medicine and do check-ups in the main hospital in Seoul. I’m still quite afraid if you have any side effects from your coma.”

 

“Yes, I will do that, Nurse Seo,” He looked towards Nurse Seo with a smile. “Thank you.”

 

“You should go now. Your friend must be waiting for you.”

 

He bowed to both Doctor Kim and Nurse Seo before he bids his last farewell and went out from the hospital. He gave the rustic building a last look before his shoulder been tapped from behind.

 

“Long time no see.”

 

“Yeah,” He simply replied as he shifted his gaze towards a man beside him. “I thought that I was dead.”

 

“Yeah, we all thought the same thing. And I’d even cried a lot for you, you know?”

 

He laughed. “Yeah, right. I’m not a dead person; see?” He then showed off himself in front of the man before he walked towards the man’s car.

 

“I know that already,” The man trailed behind him. “Thank you for be back alive.”

 

He casually nodded as a reply. “I’m back, Jihoon.”

 

“Yeah,” Jihoon smiled as he made his way to the driver seat. “Welcome back, Lee Gunwoo.”


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

Surprise! Detective Lee Gunwoo is actually still alive! ^^

But it did took him almost a year to fully recover - and is it possible that his comeback will eventually save Eunhwa, Soojung and Jongup from Himchan??

Stay tuned for the last chapter (Already? *sobs*) of Going Crazy~

And, for the last clue for the ending; which I'm pretty sure you could guess where I get it from :D

#Fifth_clue

You're like an angel