#Case022

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case022 – Fallen Angel

 

Gunwoo closed the door behind him with a sigh. He felt glad that he could finally find a clue to arrest Madman, or even revealed its secret identity in the first place; it really doesn’t matter as long as he got to solve the serial killer cases as fast as possible before people turned around from kept the faith to the police officers in this matter.

 

And finally, the interrogation session had already finished and Gunwoo could take a deep breathe in relief.

 

It felt so suffocated to handle this case.

 

“Detective Lee.” Gunwoo looked up and saw Eunhwa who was sitting on the sofa in the guest lounge. Gunwoo then approached Eunhwa with a smile on his face. “You don’t have to come here actually though. Have you gotten better, Miss Jung?”

 

Eunhwa nodded. “I’m feeling better, all thanks to you.” Then, Gunwoo shook his head vigorously.

 

“No. It’s a part of my duty, that’s all. But I do admit that my heart feel at ease when I see that you’re just fine.” Gunwoo turned a look to Eunhwa which made his heart palpitated softly, enough for him to feel it by himself.

 

Eunhwa bit her lips and nodded once again. Deep inside her heart, she was adored by Gunwoo’s kindness towards her eventhough the whole world as if been so evil towards her. “I’ll try to not make you worry about me after this. I don’t want to be a burden for you, Detective Lee.”

 

Gunwoo stunned by Eunhwa’s sudden confession as he never meant to Eunhwa have a thought like that. “You’re not a burden to me; and also for the others too. Please stop put all the blame to you yourself, Miss Jung. I don’t know what happened to you before but I do believe that time will heal everything.”

 

Eunhwa looked to Gunwoo with her curious eyes.

 

“Why he as if could read my mind?”

 

Gunwoo just remained smiling without even discovered the change of reaction on Eunhwa’s face. Then, suddenly one of the police officers who just walked through the hallway decided to turn on the television in the guest’s lounge.

 

‘Breaking news. Angel Air’s president had been found dead in Angel Air’s building and mainly from our respective source, his case had gotten a link to Madman serial murder cases that police couldn’t solved it up until now. The question is who’s Madman? And how can police could be so slow at times like this where most all of South Korean’s citizen felt afraid of-‘

 

Gunwoo quickly grabbed the remote control from the officer’s grip and turned off the television. “Damn.” He scoffed and then straightly headed to the office where most of his subordinates were there. “Can each of you now explain what happened right now?!”

 

Gunwoo yelled from the office which made Eunhwa who was still in the lounge stunned as she never heard Gunwoo became mad like that. She didn’t see his reaction in front of her eyes, but from Gunwoo’s scream; she could imagined how serious the situation were for him.

 

Eunhwa became frozen in her stature; unsure of what action should she took in the moment. She just then followed her heart to go to the office where Gunwoo’s was and as soon as she arrived there, she could see Gunwoo’s eyes were looking towards her.

 

Eunhwa halted from kept moving on to the office.

 

Gunwoo then quickly moved his gaze away from Eunhwa back to his subordinates. “Okay...I won’t asking you guys for the explanation as I do think that this news had already been a hot issue in South Korea after all but please; I’m begging you – don’t ever let them know more than that or else...I can do nothing except expel you out from this investigating team. Understand?!”

 

All Gunwoo’s subordinates nodded and bowed to Gunwoo. Then, he went out from the office and cued Eunhwa to follow him to Seoul District Police Headquarters’s lobby area.

 

And once again, both of them could hear other breaking news – from the same TV channel which was SBC – and this news was indeed shocking news ever to Gunwoo and also Eunhwa.

 

‘Breaking news. Just about an hour ago, Angel Air’s representative had already confirmed to make out an official media statement which will be live broadcast by every single main television channel in South Korea about their new President; which will replace late President Hong and made Angel Air once again move to the top. And surprisingly, their new President will be a young man that once who is one of their CEO’s....’

 

Gunwoo quickly looked up to the flat screen television with a puzzled looks as soon as he heard the words ‘young man’ been say out by the news announcer. Eunhwa then turned to see the screen after she had saw Gunwoo’s face reaction had changed a bit as if he was interested with the news.

 

‘....Mr. Kim Himchan.’

 

Eunhwa could felt all her body became numb. The picture of Himchan was been showed on the screen and she did know that person so much. Very much.

 

Her own best friend.

 

Meanwhile, Gunwoo was smiling widely as he felt proud with his best friend. “Yah...Kim Himchan; you’re really like an angel who been destined to rescue Angel Air...”

 

Eunhwa just muted herself as she still in between her own imaginations and also the real reality. She just stared to the television screen eventhough Himchan’s picture haven’t been on it anymore.

 

She couldn’t believe her eyes. Kim Himchan...is really alive?

 

“How come....I don’t know about it?” Eunhwa slowly muttered under her breathe for a question that would possibly left hanging without an answer.

 

 

“I’m Jung Soojung, a news reporter from SBC Crime Section News team.” Soojung held out her card to one of the alibies from Madman cases with a smile. She had already been interviewed almost most of them, as she had been given a project to made a full complete alibi statements regarding all the cases that Madman involved in.

 

It’s not an easy job; as there weren’t all of them willingly to let themselves been interviewed by her eventhough their identity would be in secret if they wanted to.

 

As they’re more scared as if they could possibly be the next victim of Madman.

 

“That’s all for today. Thank you very much as you’d agree to be interviewed by me.” Soojung bowed to the witness before went out from the cozy café and turned ahead to walk alone in the crowd of people; while her mind thought of everything that she got for today.

 

Her boss would be simply loved it.

 

“Ahh~ I’m really bored for now. What to do?” Soojung mumbled all loud for she herself could be the only one who heard it. Then, as she looked around the place in order to find something to do, she had seen a lanky figure that she used to meet before in Jaekyung’s house.

 

Moon Jongup.

 

Soojung smiled. Then without any delay, she went approached Jongup from his behind. “Jongup sshi!”

 

Jongup who was in huge surprise upon he heard his name been called by Soojung, quickly gave a respond by turned around and faced Soojung with one of his hands on top of his chest. “Oh! Soojung noona!”

 

Soojung flinched away and then hit on Jongup’s shoulder. “Yah! There just a little gap in months between us if I’m not mistaken.” Soojung pouted. “So, you don’t have to call me noona then, Jongup sshi.”

 

Jongup smiled and nodded. “Yeah, you’re right noo- oops, I mean Soojung sshi.” Soojung then smiled triumphantly as if Jongup had done the most right thing that she ever knew.

 

“By the way, Jongup sshi...don’t you suppose to go to work for today?” Soojung asked Jongup as she remembered that the hours are still working hours – and she knew that Jongup was a steward in Angel Air.

 

Jongup shook his head weakly. “Nope. I just take a holiday for today as I’d some...my own private matter to be done today.” Jongup flashed his angelic smile towards Soojung while he mentally hid something from Soojung about he just been from the interrogation session with Gunwoo.

 

Because he had been told to keep it as a secret.

 

“Jongup sshi.” Gunwoo looked directly into Jongup’s deep eyes. “I need your help for keep this matter between us as a secret. Top secret; you got that?”

 

Jongup nodded. “I will just mute myself in anything related to this case, Detective Lee.”

 

“Jongup sshi? Are you listening to me just now?” Soojung waved her right hand in front of Jongup’s face. She wondered why Jongup looked like he’d been spell bounded by something; it’s just she didn’t think it’s necessary for her to ask about it to him.

 

Jongup finally flabbergasted and looked to Soojung with an innocent face. “Ah? Yes? I’m sorry...I’m just – my thoughts were away for a moment.”

 

Soojung softly smiled. “Gwenchanayo. (It’s okay.) I’ll repeat my question then; let’s go eat jajangmyeon together, should we?”

 

Jongup fervently nodded. “Jajangmyeon? It’s my favourite – and I’ll never say no for it!”

 

Soojung just almost laughed as soon as she heard Jongup’s sentences. Then, both of them went to jajangmyeon stall near where their position before and ordered a medium set for them.

 

Soon after they had ordered it, Jongup turned to see Soojung with a happy face. “It’d been quite long since the last time we met each other isn’t it?”

 

“Yeah. It’s our first meet at that time and yet...” Soojung suddenly paused herself. A lump formed in and she let out a despair sigh. “...the end of that day is not a nice one though.”

 

Jongup stunned and finally realized that he wasn’t supposed to say about it in the first place.

 

As it would just made Soojung remembered that incident.

 

Incident that involved both Himchan hyung with his cousin sister, Jieun.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I really didn’t-“ Jongup just wanted to apologized for his mistake when Soojung quickly cut his words.

 

“No, you don’t need to apologize. I’d already – okay, that’s truly seemed as a lie though – forget about that. It’s no longer a matter for me as I’m actually nobody in Himchan oppa’s life anymore after my sister’s death. I should just realize it at that time; so, it’s my fault.” Soojung lowered her gaze to the ground and then lifted her head up to see Jongup and gave a feeble smile right after she said the last sentences.

 

Jongup just stared to Soojung with a feeling inside him that really did want to comfort her by saying that everything would be just fine; but he afraid that it would turn out the situation to be worse so he just remained silent, up until their jajangmyeon arrived.

 

And during their time to eat a bowl of jajangmyeon, the air was really been engulfed by a dead silence as they had felt a stiff awkwardness that existed around them. But for Soojung, she didn’t like the situation as she was the one who took Jongup to be with her and she even for a bit should start the conversation before him.

 

“Jongup sshi.” Soojung put down her chopsticks beside her bowl. “It’s really feel nice when we have someone to share a delicious meal with, isn’t it?”

 

Jongup just looked towards Soojung and nodded. “Yup, it is. And it did feel better to eat jajangmyeon two rather than one all alone.”

 

Soojung let out a cackle upon Jongup’s humorous sentences yet did have a point in it as well. “Yah! You always do know how to make a situation become a merry one in an instance don’t you?”

 

Jongup just shrugged his broad shoulders while gave his angelic smile, which was his trademark. “Well...can I just say it’s a gift for me at least from God?”

 

“Why at least? You’d got many things that make you special – especially your smile. You do look like an angel, Jongup sshi. Your smile somewhat do insist me to smile along with you, you know?” Soojung then quickly flashed her smile and Jongup couldn’t resist himself to adore her sincere smile as the way Soojung adored his smile.

 

“I’m like an angel?” Jongup furrowed his eyebrows. “So, let me be your angel then Jung Soojung sshi.” Soojung laughed hard before she finally stood up and wanted to pay for the meal before Jongup held her hand. “Let me pay for it. I’m your angel, remember?”

 

“Yah! Who said that you can be my angel?” Soojung teased Jongup back and finally gave a chance for Jongup to give her a treat.

 

CLINK

 

Just Jongup’s hand did reach his own wallet; he actually did touch a ‘thing’ that he himself didn’t realized by its existence. He just remained calm and paid for the food straight away but he then once again touched it when he put back his wallet.

 

CLINK

 

As his mind had been filled by curiosity, his finger laced with the ‘thing’ and he quickly took it out from his jacket pocket.

 

A silvery locket with a heart shaped pendant.

 

“Jongup sshi!” Soojung then tapped Jongup’s shoulder, which made Jongup quickly put it back in his pocket. “May I have your phone number? It’s just for in case I can treat you a meal in the next time.”

 

“My phone number?” Jongup once again asked for confirmation when Soojung nodded vigorously. He smiled before took Soojung phone and dialed his own number. Then, he ended the call and then gave the phone back to its owner. “Here it is. And you can call me anytime you want; I’m okay with it.”

 

Soojung hit Jongup’s shoulder. “Yah! Don’t worry~ I won’t sell your number for sure...” Then, Soojung glanced to her watch and yelled for a bit. “I’m late! Ahh...I hate time though. So, Jongup sshi I’ll call you later on ne? I’ve got to go first! Annyeong!”

 

Jongup just nodded. “I got that. Be careful in your way to your work place. Annyeong Soojung sshi.” Soojung just nodded in hurry before took a cab for her to go back to SBC in time. Jongup just stared to the cab right until the cab’s figure was slowly faded away from his views.

 

And again, the mysterious locket did call for him to examine it. Jongup took the silvery locket and looked carefully for it to find any initial to lead him to its owner. “This locket is not mine and yet this jacket is really mine... So, how can this locket-“

 

TAK

 

Jongup shocked as his finger did opened the heart-shaped locket which had a space inside it. “Is it okay for me to open this?” Jongup asked himself for the answer. And his hunch did keep him to open it and just opened it.

 

Until a picture of a young girl revealed in his eyes.

 

Jongup scanned to the girl’s face and also the locket in every corner. “Weird.” He shifted his gaze back to the girl’s face. “This locket should have two picture been inserted inside it. But still...why it only have one and only picture in it?” Then Jongup just thought of something inside his mind. “Hold up.”

 

Jongup looked closely to her complexion on the picture. It did look like it has been taken years ago as the girl in the picture seemed really young and her face was smiling all over – as she really in her happy day when this picture been taken.

 

But this picture did strike Jongup’s mind and heart. He did feel uneasy as soon as he saw the picture as he started to wonder about so many things – just by a picture.

 

“But why I do think I’d saw this girl somewhere before?”

 

 

 

Jieun looked to the shops in Lotte Mall with a vacant stare. She didn’t really into this shopping task; but as she had been really bored in Himchan’s house, she made a decision to look for something to be bought – and it was especially for Himchan.

 

Then, she halted her steps as she found a boutique that could suit his taste. Her lips curled from ear to ear upon she entered the shop.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Miss. May I help you?” Then, one of the boutique’s staff come approached Jieun with a smile. Jieun nodded. She was really needed an assist for it.

 

“If you don’t mind, can you please find for me a suit and a necktie that suit with it in a set? I would like to see this boutique’s collections.” Jieun scanned the boutique with a face full with satisfaction. She really wanted to do something for Himchan ever since they had been officially a couple.

 

She wanted to show him how much her love was and how much she could sacrificed – all for him.

 

And she also wanted to be the best; so that Himchan could slowly forget about Sooyeon.

 

Jieun smiled slyly. It was indeed her main reason after all. She wanted to make Himchan hers; forever hers.

 

Minutes later, the staff that offered herself to help Jieun did took out a rack full with black suits along with the neckties to be displayed in front of Jieun. Most of the suits were handmade and this boutique did exclusively made clothes for several people only, which most of them was a VIP.

 

Jieun elegantly stood up and went to look for the suits; one by one. After she had felt satisfied by her own view of the suits, she turned her gaze to see the staff. “I want to book a suit like this one, along with a necktie like this.” Her finger swiftly pointed to the necktie and suits that she loved to see it on Himchan’s body.

 

“Yes, I got it Miss. Usually we would take about two to three weeks for a set of our handmade suit to be complete. Are you okay with its time period, Miss?” The staff asked Jieun to know whether she really wanted to wait for their own handmade suit. Jieun nodded.

 

“I’ll wait for it. Don’t worry.” Jieun smiled and then averted her gaze towards outside of the boutique as the staff was busy writing her order on a piece of paper. Then, she saw somebody; which was the person that she never wanted to see in her life – passed upon the boutique.

 

Jieun’s face became white. She couldn’t believe it.

 

“It can’t be...” Jieun hurriedly rushed out from the boutique and chased the person with all her might. She did think that she couldn’t miss this chance; as she was really wanted to proof herself wrong – and as well as descended her own worries.

 

That person...

 

As she just wanted to reach out for the person, suddenly she bumped into someone hard, until both of them fell on the hard and cold floor. Jieun rubbed her ached part on her body before she saw the person that she bumped into with her eyes widen.

 

“Jaekyung sshi!” Jieun exclaimed while made her way to Jaekyung. “Are you okay? I’m so sorry...”

 

Jaekyung just smiled softly while rubbed her spine. “It’s okay. I think it’s my fault as you were absolutely in a hurry and I’m just hampered your way.”

 

Soon after Jaekyung said that Jieun was in a hurry, Jieun finally remembered back about the person that she chased just now. She hurriedly scanned her surrounding for the person’s presence; but she couldn’t see the person anymore. “Jaekyung sshi. Could you possibly have seen a woman in black apparel that went passed you just before we hit each other?”

 

Jaekyung tried to remember back the person that Jieun had given the description by closed her both eyes. Then, she opened back her eyes and gave a disappointment glare to Jieun. “I’m sorry once again but I don’t think I had seen someone like her...”

 

“For real?” Jieun asked once again about it for the confirmation. And Jaekyung fervently nodded as her answer.

 

Jieun let out a sigh before face palmed herself in despair. Was she just experienced a kind of hallucination? Or she really existed in front of her eyes at that moment?

 

One thing for sure; Jieun couldn’t just let this matter past with the winds – as she still here, near her and Himchan.


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

By the way, I want to apologize to each of you - my readers, subscribers and upvoters - as I'd been busy currently and made you guys waited for the next chapter for a long time.

It is really dissapointed though; I know and I do realise it but at the same time I really appreciate each of your waits for this story to be updated.

There's no other words could simply said my feelings, other than thank you, thank you and thank you.

Thanks for still support this story and I do hope you guys can continue support this story in the future as well~

*throws a lot of love* ^_^