#Case033

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case033 – Action

 

TAP TAP TAP

 

Weak footsteps echoed throughout the walls of the basement parking area as Himchan walked lifelessly towards his own car.

 

He still could remember the moments that he had shared with a person that had becoming his best friend ever since from their college time. And he had even known her right before he saw and fell in love with Eunhwa.

 

Song Jieun.

 

The moment when he first laid his eyes on her during her very first day in college, he could see the naïve Jieun walked around in search for Campus A; which made them was in the same class and surprisingly same course.

 

Then, he could also remember how he saved Jieun by almost sacrifice his own life when there was fire broke down in Jieun’s hostel. Jieun could barely move and almost died – and he just came right in time where he could share his oxygen with her – and they ended up in the hospital, with their beds were across each other.

 

“Thank you for saving my life, Kim Himchan.”

 

Himchan leaned his hand on his car to support his body that could collapse in any time. He slowly closed both of his eyes and sighed.

 

“But in the end...” Himchan slowly spoke as he opened his eyes and stared towards both of his hands.

 

His dirty hands.

 

“...I’m the one who took your life.”

 

“I’ll go to New York.”

 

Those sentences; he was still remember it as he had started to feel like Jieun start to get farther away from him as she suddenly changed her course from Administrative Management to Fashion Design Course and she’d even now hold a title on her own as she’d already completed her PhD in Fashion Institute of Technology in New York.

 

He was glad that she finally decided to come back to South Korea in several years after; but he never once thought that they would turn into something else – as he hoped that he could mend their friendship back.

 

“I love you! I really love you! And I can’t even stop these feelings from growing in my heart! I need you, Himchan. I want you so badly now....”

 

Who knows that they would turn out from best friend to a lover after Jieun confessed her feelings to him and as if he was intrigued by Jieun at that time – or maybe because he missed Sooyeon very much – he’s willingly to open up his heart for her.

 

But it’s hard. He was still thought her as his best friend and every time he looked towards Soojung, he couldn’t help but to feel guilty – as Sooyeon was once he loved and always with him during his hard times.

 

And so, he opened his heart little by little – up until he saw it.

 

The video from his car’s black box.

 

Himchan opened the car’s door and hopped into the car. Soon, he inserted the keys and pressed the engine’s on. The gas pedal been pressed; and soon he drove out from the Lotte Mall where he could finally breathe.

 

But then, his gaze fell onto the paper bag beside him.

 

“If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t go that far, you know?”

 

He tightens his grip onto the steering wheel; and his face wrinkled up. In those video, he could see Jieun bad deeds towards Eunhwa until her hand was injured – he could saw everything – and how Jieun left her just like that without even bothered about what she had done to her.

 

That was a surprise to him, as she wasn’t the usual Song Jieun that he knew years before. As if she had changed, he could barely recognize the girl that he was trying to love.

 

And that’s just made everything became more complex.

 

“You don’t love me and you won’t love me either.”

 

That blunt speech was making him angry even more. He tried to persuade Jieun to beg for his forgiveness and he even tried to show how much she meant for him – in his own way – but he knew that was the biggest mistake ever.

 

As he knew his heart already. And she knew it too.

 

“Do you love her that much, huh? You don’t even try to look at me! The one who keep being by your side is me! Not her! But you’re a fool to actually realize that!”

 

Yes, he was a fool. But he’s different; as he was a fool that kills.

 

He waited for Eunhwa’s love from years ago by his slow attempt in being her best friend where he could knew Eunhwa better. But, those 5 months that he had to be apart with his love ruined everything.

 

Everything.

 

Eunhwa had already been taken. He had his bad hunch since from the very beginning – when Eunhwa became his mentor. Yoo Youngjae.

 

Even so, it didn’t stop him – but it had revealed a part of him that kept hidden since his birth, his own Hyde – and at that moment; it’d formed completely with the mixture of hatred, jealousy and revenge in him.

 

And that embarked his first time as a Madman; ever since from the moment he killed Youngjae and Eunhwa’s brother, Daehyun.

 

And to make it worse, he was still urging for his unrequited love.

 

Up until he couldn’t stop his thirst for blood and his victim’s last moment before they died.

 

It’s entertains him.

 

“They are just marionette’s that live with a human mask; full of lies and hypocrites that made them looked so pathetic.” Himchan silently remarked himself to believe that all he did was the best for them.

 

He freed them.

 

“They should just die.” He smirked. “There’s no point for them to stay alive.”

 

Himchan pressed the brake pedal as soon as he finally arrived to his destination. With the gear been put in Neutral state; he looked outside from his windows towards a building that somehow ‘summoned’ him to come.

 

“Jieun ahh...you’re clever, but I don’t think you’re clever enough.”

 

Himchan muttered under his breath before he laughed devilishly. With his eyes still pinned towards the building which was Eunhwa’s house, he muttered another sentence between his laugh.

 

“You’re totally playing with wrong person.”

 

 

“She’s found dead in basement parking area Gate D, Level 2. She’s becoming the latest victim of Madman.”

 

Gunwoo cupped his face. He still felt regretful even he had already said those sentences hours ago to his best friend, Kim Himchan.

 

And he still could remember his reaction that made him felt even guiltier than ever.

 

“Why her? After Sooyeon – why must Jieun? Why?”

 

DUM

 

A loud yet firm sound formed inside his office as soon as his fists collided with the surface of his table. Gunwoo was panting heavily and as if he had been filled with anger, he couldn’t feel the bruises that existed on his hands together with some bloods as results from his action just now.

 

“Detective Lee! What are you doing?!”

 

Gunwoo flinched a bit upon the sudden existence of the voice form a person that made quick steps into his office.

 

“Jung Soojung sshi.”

 

“Look at that bruises!” Soojung just ignored his call and swiftly examined his hand with a concern face. “Do you want to hurt yourself that much, huh?”

 

Gunwoo harshly took his hand away from Soojung. “You should see yourself first, Miss Jung.”

 

“I already did.” Soojung awkwardly coughed. “I was just about to say ‘If you like please do take this ache from my head and transfer it to you’. This head was very hurt indeed. I think I’m not capable enough to do anything at the moment.”

 

Gunwoo stood up from his seat and then took out the First Aid box before put it on the table. Then, he opened it and revealed the basic necessities that he needs for his bruised hand. Meanwhile, Soojung just eyed his actions and they soon remained silent for minutes until Gunwoo was done with his hand.

 

“You said it easily as if it could be transfer.” Gunwoo then broke the still air and made Soojung stunned. “Do you possibly still believe kid’s thing like ‘If you blew on the bruised place, it would bring away the pain’?”

 

Soojung at first was flustered, but as soon as she finally understood Gunwoo’s hidden message that she was just like a foolish kid who were still naïve about the world; she hit Gunwoo on his arm.

 

“Yah! Do you want to die-“

 

“Miss Jung!” Gunwoo stared to Soojung that was holding her bandages on her head. Her face turned ashen and furrowed as she was in pain. “You shouldn’t come here in the first place, Jung Soojung sshi.”

 

Gunwoo then once again stood from his seat and went towards Soojung. When he just wanted to support Soojung for her to stand up easily despite her weak condition; Soojung hugged Gunwoo tightly and he swore he could felt a part on his shirt was damp with tears.

 

Soojung’s crying.

 

He halted for a moment, unsure what to do before he put his hands on Soojung’s shoulder and patted it softly. While for Soojung, no words were coming out from but the tears that fell from her eyes could perfectly described how she felt at that time.

 

Her heart hurts so much. And she just needed to let it out.

 

Despite the loss and also a big discovery that she just got to see in her eyes; it was totally two devastated news ever that happened to her – and more badly than the moment she knew her sister’s death.

 

“I’m sorry because I can’t protect her with all my might. I’m sorry, Soojung ahh...”

 

Kim Himchan.

 

She then slowly pushed Gunwoo aside and wiped her tears. “I’m sorry for my sudden attitude. I’d even made your shirts wet with my tears.”

 

“It’s okay for me.” Gunwoo softly replied. “But for you; are you okay?”

 

“What makes you think so?”

 

Gunwoo muted for a second before replied Soojung’s question with a stern face. “You’d going through a lot for today. You’re facing Madman and even to know the news about Jieun’s death and almost meet with your own death – I can never imagine what I will do if it’s happened to me.”

 

Soojung weakly smiled. “So, you’re going to say that I’m a strong girl, don’t you?”

 

“Yeah.” Gunwoo then pulled her closer for a short hug before he stared right into Soojung’s eyes. You’re a strong girl.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

They both were smiling to each other before Gunwoo exclaimed something, as if he had just remembered something. “How can you get here, Miss Jung? Isn’t that you should be at hospital?”

 

“I don’t like hospital.” Soojung bluntly replied. “And I just want to meet you-”

 

“Let me take you back home then.” Gunwoo then took his jacket and opened his office’s door before Soojung quickly took his hands.

 

“No!” Soojung desperately held Gunwoo’s hands. She doesn’t want to go back to Himchan; to the person that was trying to kill her before.

 

Never.

 

Gunwoo furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean? You’d said before that you don’t like hospital-“

 

“But I think I’ve to stay a little longer in hospital.” Soojung quickly cuts Gunwoo’s sentences. “I still feel the throbbing pain somehow.”

 

Gunwoo sighed. Maybe Soojung was right as she was the best person that knows herself better than anyone else. “Okay.”

 

“But before you take me back to hospital, I would like to tell you something first.” Soojung sternly replied which made Gunwoo faced her with a curious stare.

 

Soojung took a deep breath and looked towards Gunwoo with determination. She would make sure that Gunwoo would listen to her; as she was trying to reveal the Madman’s real identity.

 

That Madman was actually Kim Himchan.

 

“It’s really important. Believe me.”

 

 

 

Jongup opened his eyes slowly as the sudden light entered his pupils which stinging his eyes for a bit before he could fully opened his eyes and scanned his surroundings. At first he looked surprised as he realized that he was in unrecognizable place; but as soon as he could relate back everything that happened to him just now – he finally knew that he was safe...

 

...in a hospital.

 

But, was it safe enough for him – as one of the person that seen Madman’s true face?

 

Jongup sighed hard. He was being too phobia with things revolved around him sometimes, as the after effects from Jaekyung’s death.

 

But still, he couldn’t deny his feelings. And with that belief, he would sneak out from his ward. He changed his hospital clothes into his casual attire first before he put his cap on his head and walked towards the front door.

 

GROO

 

The door been slowly slide to the left and from the opening, he silently went out from the ward and closed back the door behind him with extra careful. Thank goodness that there weren’t any police in duty as it was their break time for lunch, or Jongup would stick inside the room for forever.

 

“Jongup sshi?”

 

Jongup bit his lower lips nervously. Was he already caught in action?

 

“Moon Jongup sshi.”

 

Jongup slowly turned around and faces the caller. He thought that he would meet a policewoman but instead, he met a figure that once he had known well.

 

“Jung Eunhwa noona.”

 

Eunhwa smiled as soon as she faced Jongup. “You look...pale.” She then held Jongup’s face before she took away her hand.

 

“Gunwoo sshi had told me before that you’re here, so I decided to come by and visit you.”

 

Jongup nodded. “No wonder that you could find me here. And you’re smiling! This is the first time I see your smile.”

 

Eunhwa stunned for a moment and soon moved her head aside when her eyes saw a figure in black apparel was spying on them. She was alarmed by it and with a quick movement, she held Jongup’s hand.

 

“It’s been a long time that I myself haven’t smiled. I almost forgot how it feels like.”

 

Jongup stared to Eunhwa in awe. “Like for seriously, noona? Why?”

 

“Jongup ahh.” Eunhwa then took Jongup’s hand and bring him together with her towards the lift. “Let us talk somewhere else.”

 

“O-okay noona.” Jongup just nodded and trailed along with Eunhwa without even knew that there was a person that watching them from behind.

 

And that person was even cursed under his breath as soon as he saw Eunhwa with Jongup; which made his opportunities to kill Jongup was ruined, totally.


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

For the first part - Himchan's part - you could see how Himchan when he first met Jieun up until he killed her.

It's mostly looks like a chapters' recap based on his views once again ^^

And...seems that Soojung will tell Gunwoo about Madman - would finally his secret revealed?

As for Jongup & Eunhwa; will they successfully escaped from the person that spied them?

Stay tuned for the next chapter~ *wink*