#Case011

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case011 – 「Surprise II

 

{New character added - Song Jieun.}

 ► Song Jieun

 A kind and timid girl and had kept a love interest towards her own best friend, Kim Himchan for a long time since college’s time.
She is also Moon Jongup’s cousin and had completed her PhD studies in Fashion Design at Fashion Institute of Technology, New York.


 

“Ah...”

 

Eunhwa opened her eyelid little by little. At first, all things in front of her were blurred in her eyes but then slowly returned to the normal view. Then, she remembered on the last person that she saw before she passed out.

 

Youngjae.

 

She could see his eyes; the worried eyes of him that looked deeply into her eyes. The warmth of his arms that caught her from fell on the floor. Yes, it’s him. She was sure that he was there.

 

“Youngjae! Yoo Youngjae!” Eunhwa quickly woke up and looked for Youngjae in her house. She was calling Youngjae’s name for several times but there was still no sign of him at all.

 

“Miss! Miss! Are you okay?” Eunhwa quickly turned to see a girl who was now looking at her with a full concern.

 

“W-who are you?” Eunhwa quite stunned by this girl in front of her that she completely didn't recognized before.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t have a chance to introduce myself at the first place. I’m Kim Jaekyung, your new neighbor.” Jaekyung smiled while gave out her hands towards Eunhwa. “I hope that I didn’t surprise you too much. I come in your house as I found you fainted in front of your house door.”

 

“Ah...I see.” Eunhwa muted herself for a while. “By the way, Miss Kim.”

 

“Just call me Jaekyung.” Jaekyung smiled to Eunhwa.

 

“Jaekyung sshi. Do you possibly see a man coming out from this house?” Eunhwa hurriedly asked if Jaekyung had saw Youngjae came out from her house as she didn’t see him everywhere.

 

“A man? No one; I mean, there’s only you and me in this house.”

 

“ANDWAE!!! DAEHYUN OPPA!!! YOO YOUNGJAE!!!!”

 

Eunhwa held her head and shut her eyes closed. The crash scene memory filled her mind. And she finally remembered that...Youngjae was already dead.

 

“But why I felt his image so real? As if he is still....” Eunhwa whispered under her breath. Jaekyung just gave her a weird looks.

 

“Miss?” Jaekyung finally spoke so that Eunhwa realized her existence in her house. “By the way, I had cooked porridge for you. Give me a minute, ne?”

 

Eunhwa just looked to Jaekyung who was running towards the kitchen to check on the porridge that she just cooked by using Eunhwa’s stove. Jaekyung put the porridge into a bowl and served it with a glass of lemonade that she brought from her house to Eunhwa.

 

“Ja~Eat it and tell me if it’s nice or it still need any modification.” Jaekyung smiled while put both the bowl and also lemonade on the table in front of Eunhwa. Eunhwa just looked at Jaekyung and took a bite of the porridge.

 

“Gomawo Jaekyung sshi. It’s...just perfect. Anyway, I’m Eunhwa. Jung Eunhwa.” Eunhwa slowly introduced herself to Jaekyung.

 

“Mr. Han. Done her already?” Gunwoo then shifted his steps towards Mr. Han to ask about Soojung.

 

“Yes sir! I had made it accomplished.” Mr. Han did salute to his forehead, which made Gunwoo chuckled a bit before turned into his usual stern face.

 

“Well, I want to see it now. The thing that you’d just said to me.” Gunwoo asked about the important thing that Mr. Han said to him just now in the interrogation room.

 

“Oh.” Mr. Han went to his table, followed by Gunwoo right behind him. “Here it is. The DNA results for both lipstick stain on Hong Wonshik’s shirt, and also for the star bracelet.”

 

Gunwoo took both the result papers. He slowly read the results from the top until to its bottom. He furrowed his eyebrows right when he had read the second paper. Felt unsure, he once again scanned the first paper, then to the second paper back and forth.

 

Mr. Han who was curious with Gunwoo’s action took a chance to ask him. “Detective Lee? What’s wrong?”

 

“No. It’s just...” Gunwoo shifted his gaze from the papers to Mr. Han’s face. “...the owner for both clue is belong to the same person. Is it a coincidence or it’s the truth?”

 

“Jeongmal?” Mr. Han quickly took the papers and read the results. “Oh...why everything seemed so easy? It’s belong to the same person; and the person is-“

 

“I know. One of the suspect in Kim Eunyoung’s case.” Gunwoo slowly said it. Mr. Han just nodded. He also knew that person.

 

“It’s really shocking though and hard to believe it at the same time.” Mr. Han stated his point of view.

 

“Anyway, things have to stay proceed. By this proofs that we have, we must put the person in arrest. No matter what our intuition said; the proofs already here, in our hands.” Gunwoo said it with full deep meanings.

 

Mr. Han nodded once again. He knew what that means to be. He quickly took a handcuff from his table top drawer and gave it to Gunwoo. They always used it if in case that the suspect won’t give full cooperation.

 

“Thanks, Mr. Han. Well, I don’t think I need it but anyway thanks once again.” Gunwoo quickly bring the handcuff and went out from the police station, headed to his car. As soon as he started the car engine, he remembered the result paper once again.

 

Owner: Jung Eunhwa.

 

“Jung Eunhwa.”

 

 

Soojung was munching the kimbap that she just bought from the nearest convenience store hungrily. She had been in her car for an hour; no, it’s nearly two hours actually.

 

Hana had sent her car for her right after she was coming out from the police station. So, that’s explained why she was now inside her car; still there outside, not far from the police station.

 

Waited for Gunwoo.

 

“Aigoo....” She slurped her ramyeon’s soup left and inserted a kimbap into her big mouth. “...when this guy will be coming out from the police station?”

 

She kept munched and munched all over until the person that she waited for finally out from the police station main door.

 

“Aha! That’s him – finally! I need to get you in order for the hot news tonight, Lee Gunwoo sshi...” Quickly she put aside her ramyeon container and also kimbap on the passenger chair; and started her car engine.

 

As soon as Gunwoo started moved, she followed slowly from behind. Not too far and not too close – as she didn’t want to Gunwoo caught her in action.

 

“Where are you headed to Mr. Police? I start to wonder where he will bring me to...”

 

Suddenly, her phone rang. The ID caller on the screen was ‘Himchan oppa’.

 

Soojung pressed on a button beside the steering wheel to activate the call. Her eyes still set upon Gunwoo’s car in front of her. “Yeoboseyo oppa! What’s up?”

 

“Soojung ahh. What are you doing right now? I went to your workplace but you’re not there. Plus, your workmate said that you’re being arrested?” Himchan did want a full explanations from Soojung.

 

Soojung seemed stressed by Himchan’s questions as she was on her duty – spied Gunwoo. “Oppa. I can’t tell you by phone. I’m driving right now.”

 

“Jung Soojung.” Himchan said out her name with his deep stern voice.

 

“Arasso. I’ll tell you up everything. Everything. At home, tonight ne?” Soojung felt quite chilled by Himchan’s threat and finally gave up a decision for ‘full explanation tonight’ to Himchan.

 

“I’ll be waiting. Surely interesting, I bet.” Soojung could hear that Himchan was laughing on the other line. She just rolled her eyes by heard that laugh.

 

“Whatever. I’ll end this first so see ya. Annyeong.”

 

TUT

 

Soojung quickly focused back her views to the car that was supposed to be right in front of her. There was an intersection in front so she kept followed Gunwoo’s car carefully behind another car.

 

“I wonder why he made a U-turn though....” Soojung said to herself as Gunwoo made a U-turn at the intersections; which actually made he already caught Soojung was following him.

 

But Soojung didn’t realize it yet.

 

“Omo! This road, was heading back to police station!!” Soojung then just realized that she went back to the road when she first started to follow Gunwoo. Her hands trembled. Was Gunwoo had caught her already?

 

After another 2 kilometers more, she could see the police station right in her right side. Then she was looking back to Gunwoo’s car. His car didn’t turn right at all.

 

“Oh....” She felt now relieved as soon as she already passed the police station area. She smiled broadly while looked for Gunwoo’s car that was already far ahead from her. But then, once again had made her panicked; where’s Gunwoo’s car?

 

“Huh? Where’s his car?? Aish!!” She felt as dumb as she just almost made it so far. And yet, she had destroyed her best plan.

 

Felt gave up as she was already searching for Gunwoo’s car in about 30 minutes; she’s parked her car in a moment at the roadside, near a pedestrian walk and also trees that have a lot of flowers blossomed on top of it.

 

“Ahh!! Jung Soojung!! You paboya!! How in the earth you missed his car!! Urgh!”

 

As she was mad to herself, suddenly there was a knock on her car window. She quickly shifted her gaze towards her car window.

 

“Miss Jung Soojung. Get out from your car. Now!”

 

Soojung just glued herself on her car seat as she was totally dumbfounded when she saw Gunwoo was right in front of her eyes, or exactly beside her car!

 

“Miss Jung! We need to talk! Naga! (Get out!)” Gunwoo couldn’t contain his anger anymore and told Soojung to come out from her car. Soojung then slowly opened her car door and went out from her car to meet Gunwoo’s death stare on her.

 

Soojung just smiled sheepishly towards Gunwoo. “Uh-oh.... I’m dead....”

 

 

Himchan stared to his phone screen with disbelief. Soojung, Jung Soojung was now trying to hide something from him??

 

“Whoa! I couldn’t believe this for sure though....Sooyeon ahh~” Himchan then quickly shifted his gaze towards the blue azure sky above him. “Just look to your sister. She started to hide something from me...”

 

He just wanted to share the good news about his current position in Angel Air to Soojung, who he had already thought her as his own younger sister. He had taken care of Soojung since he and Sooyeon were in love. But, he had especially got Soojung as his own sister right after Sooyeon’s death.

 

As he had promised to Sooyeon before her death.

 

“I will take care of Soojung like my own sister.” He quietly said the sentence under his breath when he came out from SBC building.

 

Then, something struck his mind for a sudden. His conversations with Jongup before.

 

“Congratulations! And I got great news for you.”

 

“What’s that could be, Jongup ahh? Tell me.” Himchan asked Jongup for further explanation.

 

“She is coming back to Korea today.” Jongup smiled with full meaning to Himchan. He was surely enough that Himchan would know who that he referred to.

 

“Yes. I got to pick up her.”

 

Himchan ran to his car, started the engine and sped off to the Incheon International Airport. He had waited for this moment too long enough, as she was leaving him away without anything he could do to repay her first.

 

After 45 minutes of journey, he finally arrived to the airport. He quickly went out from his car and ran as fast as possible to the international departure terminal to meet her. Yes, her. His best friend during his college time.

 

He missed her for sure.

 

As soon as he arrived, he could see there’s a lot of people went out from the departure terminal’s door. He scanned every single human there. But still he didn’t found her.

 

“Am I too late?” Himchan asked himself for a question that could possibly have no answer.

 

Then, as just he wanted to give up; a girl in a nice evening dress and a leather coat went out to the departure hall. She was a pretty girl, as same as when Himchan first met her before. Himchan looked up to the departure hall and saw her figure from afar.

 

Quickly, he went after her and tapped her shoulder from behind.

 

“Nae chingu! (My friend!) Long time no see, hmm?” Himchan happily greeted her. She was stunned as soon as she saw Himchan was right in front of him.

 

Yes, the person that she also missed.

 

“Kim...Himchan.” The name that had already long time not slipped out had already was. She was then flashed her charming smile to Himchan. “Yes, long time no see.”

 

At that time, there was a heart that beats uncontrollably. Her heart.

 

DUP DAP

 

“Song Jieun. I don’t ever think that we’ll meet again here finally...” Himchan chuckled and while for Jieun, she just stared to that chuckle that she was longing to hear for years....


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

Yeay~ Last new character revealed! I'll update the other minor characters as well, so please stay tuned~