#Case036

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case036 – Save Me

 

 

    

[ MYNAME - Mayday (메이데이) ] / [ B.A.P - Save Me ]


 

Jongup sat across Soojung while his eyes looking towards Soojung who was still playing with a piece of brownies without even have any intention to eat it.

 

“You’re still thinking for a plan, don’t you?” Jongup slowly sipped his coffee. “You should eat first, Soojung sshi. We’ll think about that together right after this.”

 

“I’m not thinking about what we should do next actually,” Soojung sighed. To be frank, she was trapped in her own tangled mind as they were stuck in between to save Eunhwa, and also to reveal the truth about Madman.

 

“So, what are you thinking of?”

 

“I’m trying to put all the pieces of this puzzle together,” Soojung finally put down the fork and faced Jongup. “But it seems that I’m still couldn’t figure it out; as I couldn’t found out why – among all people that we know – it must be Eunhwa sshi?”

 

“Do you mean that why Eunhwa noona could be involved inside this Madman’s game, isn’t it?” Jongup simply asked before Soojung nodded her head as a ‘yes’.

 

Then, silence greets them once again when both of them were immersed in their own thought regarding this situation. The brownies remained untouched; up until Jongup decided to take and eat it instead.

 

“Like this brownie,” Jongup slowly spoke out his opinion by relating it with the last bite of brownie that finally entered his mouth. “It may look black and hard on the outside; but it is actually soft and very delicious – melted in just a second as soon as it entered our mouth. So, I’m sure that this problem will eventually become like this brownie, melted and soon, we’ll discover the truth.”

 

Soojung weakly nodded. “I really hope so. But...how can we say the truth? Nobody will trust us and yet, the worst part is if we ended up,” Soojung stopped her sentences by mimicking her finger across her neck that symbolized only one word – death.

 

Jongup gulped as he was also realized that their lives were now at stake. One wrong step; and they will probably dead by a blow as the 9th and 10th victim of Madman.

 

But at the same time, he could sense something was off behind this case. As if it had been schemed perfectly, and maybe it turns out as planned; he think that Eunhwa’s involvement into this situation wasn’t just a coincidence – but more than it could be.

 

“Soojung sshi,” Jongup called for Soojung’s attention. “Do possibly Eunhwa noona is someone that Himchan sshi knew before?”

 

Soojung took a moment to think about Jongup’s question before she simply shook her head. “I’m sorry but I don’t really know about Himchan oppa’s life before he met my sister.”

 

“I see. Anyway, I personally think that Eunhwa noona have something to do with Himchan sshi but I can’t seem to find what kind of relationship that they went through before.”

 

“What makes you think so, Jongup sshi? Are you actually meant that maybe Eunhwa sshi isn’t as innocent as we know?”

 

“No. Not like that.” Jongup fervently shook his head. “Just think this thoroughly, Soojung sshi – how can Eunhwa sshi got involved in this case – don’t you think that this case is being well-planned up until his identity was becoming near to invisible if not weren’t for us who know him? So, it must be that he knows Eunhwa sshi; and decided to trap her in any ways possible so that he freed from everything that he committed.”

 

“And put everything on Eunhwa sshi’s shoulders. Maybe...they’re enemies?” Soojung made a wild guess, which Jongup considered it as one of the relationship that existed between Eunhwa and Himchan.

 

“Perhaps they are,” Jongup drank his coffee to the very last sip. “Or maybe there’s another relationship between them that are more complex, than what we could actually think of.”

 

“Jongup sshi!”

 

A sudden exclamation from Soojung did startle Jongup when he held his chest and inhaled deeply for air. “Yah! Jung Soojung sshi!”

 

“I’m sorry...” Soojung stood up and patted Jongup’s shoulder. “I didn’t mean to do that but as soon as I heard your words; I think I knew the solution that we have to find in order to unveil everything.”

 

“Really? What is it then?” Jongup who was as excited as Soojung had soon forget what Soojung had done to him just now.

 

“I think...maybe the answer of all our question is there...”

 

Before Soojung could ended her sentences, Jongup quickly took Soojung’s hand in his and brought her out from the café right after he put several money notes on the table.

 

Soojung at first was struggling to let go of his grip, but as she felt a warm feelings that embraced her whenever she was around Jongup, as if he was her angel; she finally decided just to let her fingers laced perfectly between his fingers and tightened their hands even more.

 

She won’t let go his hand. And so was him too.

 

He would protect her.

 

And they will protect each other no matter what.

 

“Let’s go, Soojung sshi.”

 

 

His eyes soon opened up for a bit, after several try, as he finally sensed the enormous amount of light that fall upon him.

 

But his gaze wasn’t that steady. But he still managed to see an unconscious person right inside his hug from the corner of his eyes.

 

And soon fear feelings swept over him when he finally realized the situation that they were in.

 

His car had been hit with a big heavy truck.

 

“J-Jung E-Eunhwa sshi...” A croaked voice came out from Gunwoo’s mouth, desperately called for Eunhwa’s unconscious body to be back to her senses as he was worried despite her figure that wasn’t showing any sign of injuries, she was actually dying inside, caused by the internal injuries that could led her to...

 

...death.

 

He didn’t want her to dead. He’d promised her that he would protect her by any means.

 

Eventhough she is a Madman; he was still responsible in protecting her.

 

He swiftly unbuckled her seatbelt in order for him to easily and waked her up eventhough he himself was badly injured from the impact.

 

The blood still oozed out from his head, but he didn’t care.

 

He would make it alive for both of them, no matter what.

 

PAK

 

A sound of door opened beside Eunhwa suddenly entered Gunwoo’s eardrum and halted him from keep holding onto Eunhwa and fell back to his seat weightlessly. He closed his eyes as the light keeps blinded his eyes, and finally managed to peek towards the light source.

 

And that’s when he saw an angel.

 

It was a man in his white attire was coming closer to Eunhwa.

 

He carefully caressed Eunhwa’s cheek, and with his most delicate touch, he touched Eunhwa’s hair and smelled her scent.

 

As if it wasn’t enough to show his deep affection to her, he slowly leaned in and kissed her plump lips for several seconds.

 

“You’re mine now.”

 

Gunwoo was about to call for his help when he saw the man brought Eunhwa’s fragile body cautiously out from the damaged car, and soon the images of both of them were vanished from Gunwoo’s sight.

 

As if it was just a dream, it happened just for several seconds for Gunwoo to even wonder about the man that he saw just now.

 

Is he was an angel or a human being?

 

“Save me....please,” Gunwoo cried out a soft and helpless tone as he could felt his energy was drained out as much as his blood drenched his shirt.

 

And as the ‘angel’ heard him, he came towards Gunwoo and harshly pulled Gunwoo’s hair and pushed it forward until his head hit the side of the car badly.

 

But as Gunwoo wasn’t an easy man as he seems to be; he still managed to open his eyes eventhough it’s smaller than before, and examined for the man’s face.

 

And how he regretted his action; as he feels a pain that hurts him even more.

 

He knew him. Very much up until he couldn’t believe his eyes.

 

“Y-You....”

 

The man smirked. And he turned away and walked far from Gunwoo as soon as he closed back the door that he opened, before he took his phone and called for someone.

 

“Do it again. Now.”

 

The lights from the heavy truck were once again shone brightly and it had been reversed for several meters backwards before it made its way once again towards the damaged car for another collision; and that could bring someone a fatal death.

 

Gunwoo finally snapped back to his senses. He finally realized his mistakes.

 

The Madman that he looked for isn’t someone named Jung Eunhwa.

 

But it was actually a person that he believed the most. A person that he had once felt guilty for.

 

His own best friend.

 

Kim Himchan.

 

But, could he rectify his mistake? Could he capture the real Madman?

 

Most importantly, could he...apologize to Eunhwa?

 

He knew it. He knew that he will die.

 

But he never intended to die in this way; especially when there’s many reason for him to stay alive.

 

But if the fate had wrote his death was right now; there’s absolutely nothing else that he could do, than a silent pray from the bottom of his heart.

 

‘Please let me stay alive and paid for every mistake that I’ve done.’

 

The truck moved forwards it its full speed. And yet Gunwoo was still inside, struggling to make an escape for himself.

 

DUM

 

The deafening crash soon could be heard. There was an endless shattering of glass breaking, metal grinding, engines melting, leather tearing, and plastic cracking as everything was covered with a blanket of glass.

 

It was a sight that no one could ever imagine; and could never forget.

 

Eunhwa had waked up from her faint condition when she realized that she wasn’t in Gunwoo’s car anymore; and instead she was inside somebody’s car, which was a person that she never thought of even once.

 

She looked for everywhere up until her eyes fell onto a wrecked car that she could hardly identified as Gunwoo’s car at first; and soon she finally knew it...

 

But it was too late.

 

She saw everything.

 

She saw how Gunwoo was desperately struggling for his life inside the car.

 

She saw how the truck crashed the convertible without any mercy.

 

And, she saw a smirk formed on a face upon looking towards the terrible scene right before his eyes.

 

“NO!!!!!”

 

Eunhwa hysterically shouted as she could saw the truck was once again hit Gunwoo’s car and she even tried her best to get off from her stature inside the car and ran off.  But all her efforts to no avail as soon as a strong grip held her from keeping her ran to the scene and to save Gunwoo with all her might.

 

And a quick shot of some kind of liquid to her neck made her feels drowsy and weak in an instance.

 

She was soon fall and lay weightlessly onto the asphalt road as her eyes keep staring towards the badly damaged car, with tears flowing out from her eyes.

 

“Please...don’t do this Eunhwa sshi. I’m begging you – please don’t ever give up with your life.”

 

“I’ll protect you. That’s for sure.”

 

“You’re not a burden to me; and also for the others too. Please stop put all the blame to you yourself, Miss Jung. I don’t know what happened to you before but I do believe that time will heal everything.”

 

“I’ll protect you, remember?”

 

All Gunwoo’s words suddenly entered her mind and it’s made her felt worthless as she couldn’t protect him or even save him from this misfortune.

 

All she could do was shed tears and lying helplessly; like now.

 

TAP

 

“I’m sorry...Lee Gunwoo sshi...”

 

And soon, her gaze completely shut off.

 

Everything turned dark; as dark as her world would be right after Gunwoo’s death.


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

I'm really into this chapter as it somehow make me sad and literally crying to actually feel both Eunhwa and Gunwoo's feelings of protecting each other...do you feel the same way as I am, my dear readers?

And those two songs right on the top are really mood maker for this chapter though ;)

No words could be said right now, other than stay tuned for the last four chapter -

Yes, you read it right enough ^^ Four chapters left, lovelies <3

And for the another clue regarding the ending~

#Second_clue

'The reason I live is you'