#Case021

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case021 – Agreement

 

Angel Air was really in a great mess. It’s not physically messed; but it’s messed internally, as President Hong had been found dead. And he’s been killed mercilessly, inside Angel’s Air building – which was his very own gigantic company.

 

Staffs were talking everywhere about it – include the board of directors too. They were so surprised and at the same time wondered; how could someone like him be killed? Yet, in Angel Air the scene was happened; was Angel Air building was really safe?

 

And the killer...was to be known as Madman. Madman and President Hong – what’s the link between them? Why he became Madman’s next target?

 

The questions kept on lingering....

 

The police officers were almost everywhere inside Angel Air building. They searched for everything that could show to the hint of the killer – Madman.

 

It’s the busiest day in Angel Air.

 

“Mr. Han!” Gunwoo called for Mr. Han that was talking to one of the officers in this ‘hunting’ mission as soon as he hopped out from his car in the basement parking area. “What do you get from the West Team? Are they found any clues to lead us to the Madman?”

 

Mr. Han let out a disappointment sigh from his mouth. “I’m afraid to say that we won’t get anything clues about him so far.”

 

Gunwoo clenched his fists in frustration. Silently, he cursed under his breath for their efforts as if would make them even more clueless about everything. And also he did worry very much....

 

Regarding the media.

 

“This case must be investigated silently and discreetly as we could. Don’t ever let the rumor regarding this issues been spread out to any media, understand?” Gunwoo then scanned the Angel Air’s lobby with a prowling eyes while gave out a stern order for Mr. Han.

 

Mr. Han nodded shortly. “I’ll always remind our team to stay secretive.” Then, Mr. Han paused himself for a bit before he continued his sentences. “By the way Detective Lee, How about the interrogation for all Angel Air’s staff that did overtime yesterday? Should we proceed to the next person?”

 

Gunwoo muted himself while his mind tried to remember back for every sentence that most of their temporary suspects said. All of them had said the same things – eventhough he knew that was unintentionally at all.

 

“I’m just staying at my office – that’s all.”

 

“I’m doing works, and I’m not even hear to a single thing happened out there.”

 

“I didn’t see anyone suspicious in Angel Air’s building at all.”

 

“Okay...” Gunwoo feebly replied to Mr. Han’s question just now. “Who’s next?”

 

Mr. Han flipped the papers that been clipped to a clip file until he found the next temporary suspect – which was the last person to be interrogated by the police.

 

“Here it is. He’s the last person that we need to interrogate for now.” Mr. Han said every word clearly from his mouth, while Gunwoo was looking to the paper that Mr. Han shoved to him.

 

He examined carefully the face complexion of their last suspect before whispered out the name.

 

“Moon Jongup.”

 

 

Himchan was so surprised to hear about President Hong’s death from his own best friend’s mouth. He just couldn’t believe it so easily.

 

Why people around him were starting to gradually disappeared from his life?

 

He couldn’t think straightly for now. He could felt that his legs shaken vigorously as soon as he stepped on the ground; after he parked his purple metallic car in the basement parking area. He let out a slight sigh, while his eyes went to see for a forensics’ team who were still analyzing the crime scene area; which was the place that President Hong been killed.

 

There were tapes with words ‘Police Line; Do Not Cross’ in that section, and blood stains could be still clearly seen in Himchan’s views. He slowly went towards the forensics’ team just to make himself almost stumbled and fell on the hard yet cold concrete floor of the parking area.

 

He couldn’t believe his eyes.

 

Thankfully, President Hong’s body had been brought to the mortuary for the detailed analysis on this case. Or else, Himchan could possibly have been vomiting as he didn’t even have a time for his breakfast before he went straightly to Angel Air.

 

“Mister? What are you doing here? You can’t be here as the forensics’ team is still on their process of investigating further regarding this case.” Then, suddenly there was a strong grip stopped Himchan’s moves, which made Himchan stared to the person’s face with disbelief.

 

“Is that...for real?” Himchan slowly lifted his forefinger and showed the crime section to the guy who was staring onto him in confusion.

 

“I’m sorry to say this but yes, it is.” The guy then showed Himchan’s his police ID before turned back to see Himchan’s face. “I’m one of the police officers who were responsible for this case. If you don’t mind, can you please tell me what are your name and your relation to the victim or even to Angel Air itself?”

 

Himchan looked to the guy in front of him carefully with a slight hesitation to tell the officer about himself. But as he had to give out a full cooperation for this case, he finally opened his mouth. “My name is Kim Himchan. And I’m one of the CEO’s of Angel Air.”

 

 

Gunwoo could see the last person that he need to interrogate for now from the one-sided see through mirror in the interrogation room at the Seoul District Police Headquarters. Right in his grip was a simple portfolio of the person that he looked to right now.

 

Someone named Moon Jongup.

 

Jongup seemed so calm, and at the same time he was looking to his surroundings; somewhat felt uncomfortable with the silence that fill the interrogation room.

 

He already knew why he was here. And he was ready for it.

 

CLICK

 

“Moon Jongup sshi?” Gunwoo who was finally made out his decisions to step into the room after some time he looked to Jongup’s face expression from the room beside. He stayed his professional mode and not even smiled back to Jongup who was smiling to see Gunwoo’s arrival.

 

“Yes.” Jongup replied shortly. And that made Gunwoo continued to the things that he wanted to tell and asked Jongup about it.

 

“First of all, I’m Detective Lee Gunwoo and I’m the one who is in charge of this case. So, I get to know that you’re one of the Angel Air staffs that did overtime yesterday. Isn’t it?” Gunwoo slightly averted his gaze to the computer screen in front of him; ready to write on things that Jongup would say.

 

“Yes. I really did the overtime yesterday.” Jongup could felt the cold sweat trickled down his collarbone. This situation was really tense.

 

“I see.” Gunwoo bluntly replied while his gaze still stuck on the computer screen, and his fingers typed something to it using the keyboards. “So, can you tell me your point of view last night? Is there something different about yesterday though?”

 

“Sure.” Jongup feebly smiled. “I’m in the steward and stewardess’s corner; in front of the check-in counter where I did finish my reports regarding the flight journey for Miss Kim from Narita to Incheon. Then, in about 11 p.m....yeah, I do think so as I was hearing an announcement regarding the next Angel Air’s flight departure – I went to the toilet when I saw-“

 

“You saw?” Gunwoo suddenly interfered into Jongup’s story as he was getting all excited internally to know more about his story.

 

He was pretty sure that Jongup would give a clue to him.

 

“I saw a tall, black figure was looking to the President’s Office from side of my eyes as I didn’t take the President’s Office route to go to the toilet. I’m surely didn’t thought of anything at that time. I thought it was just my imagination as the corridor was in pitch dark. And I do bet that President Hong had already gone home.”

 

“Okay.” Gunwoo typed in a faster rate which made the keyboard sounds filled the interrogation room. “Then?”

 

“I don’t think this is useful for this investigation though but I do think that I’d to tell you this.” Jongup said sternly, which made Gunwoo looked towards him for once. “Soon after I’d go out from the toilet, I’d bumped into a guy that was wearing complete black apparel – from head to toe. I’ve said sorry but as if he’s in a hurry, he just walked away without even gave me a chance to apologized properly to him.”

 

“A guy wearing black apparels?” Gunwoo once again asked Jongup about the matter, as he didn’t wanted to overreact for his newest discovery of the case.

 

“Yeah...” Jongup replied while his eyes looked straightly to Gunwoo, with a confused face.

 

“In hurry?” Gunwoo asked again for his own certainty.

 

“Yes.” Jongup fervently nodded. He just hoped that Gunwoo would believe him completely thus made himself out from the temporary suspects list.

 

“Thank you, Jongup sshi.” Gunwoo finally curled up his mouth into a friendly smile while looked deeply into Jongup’s eyes. “I think you’d just help us to find the killer. Or as known as Madman.”

 

“I’m glad that I can help you guys out. And it’s okay. It’s just my responsibility to cooperate with the police.” Jongup was also smiling. And he felt happy to see Gunwoo’s bright face.

 

“You know what, I really want to hunt that Madman down like for seriously. And you had helped me with it, Moon Jongup sshi.”

 

 

“Our President had just died; and yet we wanted to do a discussion on this agenda?”

 

Angel Air’s conference room was really busy with all the board of directors, along with the top staffs in a discussion about the most important issue at that moment.

 

‘Who is going to replace President’s position?’

 

“I know it sounds inappropriate but we need a President to make this company stay strong. I’m sure all of us didn’t want to Angel Air’s fell from the title ‘The Best Gigantic Aviation Company’ right?”

 

All of the people in the conference room were now looking to one another and also to the one who gave the explanation on how important this meeting to each of them, and also Angel Air.

 

CREAK

 

Suddenly, the conference room’s door opened and a man’s figure existed between the spaces formed between the doors. All eyes were set on him; as if he was the one who destined to end their misery.

 

“Kim Himchan.” The leader of this meeting, the Vice President; stood up from his sits and looked to Himchan in awe. “I’m glad finally you came here.”

                                                       

Himchan smiled feebly while held out his hand to make a firm shake hand with the Vice President. “Yes. But may I know what this meeting is all about?”

 

The Vice President just smiled meaningfully to Himchan before averted his eyes to all the gentlemen in the conference room. “You see, this is Kim Himchan, who was the President’s Representative upon President Hong’s absence before when we faced President Hong’s only son death.”

 

“So? He is still the CEO after all.” One of the CEO of Angel Air said out his opinions. “The President Representative title doesn’t mean he could be the one who-“

 

“Yes, you’re right. He is just the one of the CEO of Angel Air.” Vice President cut out his sentences quickly. Then, he muted himself for a while, and scanned for every faces in the room. “But he had been President’s Representative for almost a month. And did you guys see the difference in our profits? It’s ascends in a great momentum; and even late President Hong was very pleased by his work.”

 

Himchan who was standing beside the Vice President just stared to the people in front of him with a vacant stare. He felt quite embarrassed as the Vice President had revealed some of his great works done for this company.

 

“Eventhough he’s young but he’s gifted. He can manage this company so well; more than us, the top staffs of Angel Air and even me.” The Vice President then gave a reassuring tap on Himchan’s shoulder which made Himchan stunned for a bit. “What do you think of this offer, Himchan sshi?”

 

Himchan gave the Vice President a confusing look. He was quite blurred in this matter, as he had seen the crime scene by his own eyes. “O-offer?”

 

“I agree!” All of sudden, there was a man in his forty, which was one of the Angel Air senior CEO’s raised up his hands. “One vote for Kim Himchan.”

 

Then, gradually one by one hand was raised up into the air as the vote for Himchan. Himchan just looked to the hands on the air with bewildered gaze.

 

Votes for him... He never thought that it would be this much.

 

Almost all of the gentlemen in the room was raising their hands and said out their votes for Himchan. The Vice President looked for the reactions with a proud face. Then, he gripped Himchan’s hand and pulled it up to the air.

 

“Let us greet the new President of Angel Air, Kim Himchan!”

 

Hours later after the result of the votes, an official letter were made and also the prior notice on the Angel Air’s notice board about Himchan’s status from one of the youngest CEO of Angel Air, now was the President of Angel Air; replaced late President Hong.

 

All staffs of Angel Air were surprised by the sudden change, but they couldn’t even disagree by this decision as all of them realized that Himchan had done so much for Angel Air.

 

He deserved this position.

 

Himchan was going to his new office – which he had once been in it as President Hong’s representative – but now, it’s his office. He slowly opened and pushed the door, and saw the office with glistered eyes.

 

He never thought that he would be a president.

 

He never thought that he would replace President Hong once again.

 

He couldn’t believe that he was now a leader of a gigantic company.

 

He couldn’t believe that he was now...Angel Air’s new President.

 

He went to the table to see the plaque of his own name that had specially ordered for him hours ago in the front corner of the table. He slowly let out a sigh.

 

Felt somewhat sorry and guilty...as he took President Hong’s place from now on.

 

“Angel Air President. Kim Himchan.” Himchan softly whispered his own name and his current position that was written on the plaque.

 

He was quite surprised to see that The Board of Directors was also giving their agreement for his appointment. And most of the reactions form the staffs was positive; which made he felt thankful and at the same time moved by every Angel Air’s workers that was already like his own family.

 

Himchan’s big family.

 

This moment, he would never forget it. The moment when his efforts were finally been acknowledged by everybody.

 

TOK TOK

 

“Enter.” Himchan sternly gave out his permission to his own secretary – which was once President Hong’s secretary.

 

“President Kim. There will be media statements in 30 minutes from now. I just want to inform you on that matter.” He said it before he bowed and went out from Himchan’s office.

 

Himchan averted his gaze aside just to see his own reflection image on the plane mirror beside the seat. He stared to his own self before mentally whispered to himself.

 

‘Yes. You’re now Angel Air’s President, Kim Himchan. If just she can see this....’


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

Madman's identity - could it be revealed someday? As Gunwoo already had a clue about Madman~ xD

And oh! I finally got a co-author to help me out for correcting my grammar mistakes in this story~

Let us welcomed iloveya as the new co-author for this fic ^^