#Case030

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case030 – Madman

 

Early note :

This is a very long chapter that I 'd ever done for this story. Plus, there were many parts; and I'd even included a song in one of the part for you to listen to, as I think it suits the situations~

Oh! Don't forget to greet our man in disguise at the end, okay? *wink*

 


 

Jieun looked towards Soojung beside her that was already fallen asleep as they were talking to each other minutes before. It was indeed, she could clearly saw the tiredness within Soojung; but she couldn’t discover what that was in any words.

 

Is Soojung tired looking after her?

 

Or, perhaps Soojung felt tired of imagined her in a situation that her sister would be?

 

“No, it can’t be that way.” Jieun softly sighed. “Sooyeon would never be in a situation like me as somehow...Himchan loves her very much.”

 

The thought itself did hurt her heart, but she didn’t even be bothered by it as she was slowly into Soojung’s kindness towards her until she felt that she didn’t have any guts to even hated late Sooyeon.

 

Moreover, she hates someone named Jung Eunhwa.

 

Jieun once again looked to Soojung’s visage before she slowly let herself free by loosening Soojung’s grip onto her wrist as slowly as she could. Then, she stood up and went upstairs; leaving Soojung in her deep sleep on the sofa downstairs.

 

She entered her room and decided to take a quick shower before her phone rang, and she swiftly slides the virtual green button to the right.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello. Is this Miss Song Jieun?”

 

Jieun furrowed her eyebrows. “Yes. This is Song Jieun’s speaking.”  

 

“Miss Song, gladly I can contact you for today. I would like to say that your reservation of a set of our finest handmade suit is complete. Would you like a delivery or you want to take it by yourself, Miss Song?”

 

Jieun surprised. She was totally forgotten about that. “Uh...I-I think I would like to take it by myself.”

 

“Of course you may do so. So, I’m guessing that you’ll like to have it by today?”

 

Jieun at first did have a thought for a second before she thinks that this was the best timing for her to release her stress for a bit and especially Himchan wasn’t at home right at this second...

 

“Yes, I’ll take it today at 4 pm.”

 

 

“Where are you going?”

 

Jieun stopped her steps and cursed under her breath. She didn’t expect this to happen.

 

“I questioning you once again, Song Jieun, where are you going hmm?” A single and firm grip onto her shoulders made Jieun’s flinched for a little.

 

“Soojung ahh. You’re already awake?” Jieun turned around just to meet Soojung’s suspicious yet worried gaze towards her.

 

Soojung slightly nodded. “Yes I am. But still...” Soojung then slowly let her grip brushed past Jieun’s shoulder, back to its position. “...where are you heading to?”

 

“Lotte Mall.” Jieun bluntly replied as she didn’t have anything to hide from Soojung’s knowledge either. “I had booked a set of handmade suit for Himchan and I’m going to take it.”

 

Soojung was taken aback for a second. Deep in her heart, she was still awkward with the situation and at the same time, she felt like she had to move on.

 

For her sister.

 

And also for Himchan oppa sake.

 

“Let’s go. I’ll take you there.”

 

Jieun watched the sudden change of Soojung’s facial expression from surprised to a happy one with awe. “I can go by myself-“

 

“I don’t know why, Jieun sshi.” Soojung stated. “Yes, I admit that I hate you for the reason that you’re taking Himchan oppa somewhat far from me; as I finally started to realized that I’m actually nobody in Himchan oppa’s life as soon as Sooyeon’s unnie left me.”

 

Soojung muted herself for a moment. Meanwhile, Jieun stunned at her stature; didn’t know how to react by Soojung’s confession towards her.

 

“But, at the same time I’m thankful...” Soojung suddenly took Jieun’s hands and put clasp it together. “...that you can make someone that I thought as my own brother – Himchan – live his life without being haunted by my sister’s death; and just by seeing his smile, I believe that you’re the one for him.”

 

Jieun felt touched by Soojung’s words. She did already have a thought before that Soojung would hit her; and she was already prepared for it.

 

It was indeed, unpredictable.

 

“Soojung sshi...”

 

“Let’s go. I’m sure you want to have the suit faster, right?” Soojung turned around to avoid Jieun’s gaze and dashed towards the front door without even gave Jieun a chance to say anything.

 

Jieun smiled.

 

For the first time ever after her change in order to have Himchan’s heart, her cold-new-self was gone and vanished; and she felt like she was the old Song Jieun...

 

...once again.

 

 

“A man never forgets his first love so easily, Jung Eunhwa sshi.”

 

“Jung Eunhwa ahh...don’t you love me even once? You don’t feel the same way as I am?”

 

“Tell me, what kind of friends that will bring his friend back home in night and didn’t care to leave his own girlfriend behind – alone and looked for him like crazy?”

 

“If you still consider me as a friend.....please do take my offer with a ‘yes’.”

 

“I love you, Jung Eunhwa. Don’t you ever see that even once? My heart...is hardly hurt when I know you’re going to be someone else’s fiancée. Not me.”

 

”Don’t you ever dare to forget all this! I don’t want to be your just friends anymore. I want to be more than that, Eunnie ahh...”

 

“Ah!” Eunhwa grimaced in pain as soon as she fell onto the cold and hard pavement surface. She didn’t know why and how; but her legs were suddenly weakened by the vivid memories of the past and also with the part of the incident that happened to her before.

 

She looked towards her swollen hand and scarred palms that she had already put the ointment together with the band-aid rolled gauze with her sorrowful eyes.

 

Everyone that strolling at the park was watching her with curiosity and yet there’s even spiteful looks towards her as if she’s an insane woman who act to get sympathy.

 

And...there’s not even one of those people who were trying to help her getting up; or even asked about her condition. As if she’d fell into a deep and dark abyss;

 

The world was indeed cruel for someone like her.

 

“Stand up.”

 

Eunhwa looked for sneakers from the corner of her eyes. But, she still choose to muted herself; as she thought that it was just a part of her imagination.

 

The desire of someone to protect her.

 

“Jung Eunhwa. Stand up.”

 

The voice once again called for Eunhwa’s attention. As the voice’s owner itself couldn’t contain the anger feelings from just looking to Eunhwa’s pitiful condition and also the hateful looks from the passer-by, he held Eunhwa’s hand and even put his another hand on her waist to support her.

 

Eunhwa clearly surprised as soon as she looked towards the only person that was willing to help her despite her sadistic condition itself.

 

“Detective Lee Gunwoo.”

 

“What had actually happened to you, Miss Jung? How can your hands...” Gunwoo then slowly lifted her both palms and sternly looked at it. “...have these?”

 

“I-It’s nothing. Really.” Eunhwa quickly took away her hands from Gunwoo. Gunwoo gave her a suspicious look.

 

He was obviously couldn’t believe her.

 

“Miss Jung. You could tell me everything.” Gunwoo held both of Eunhwa’s shoulders. “I’ll protect you, remember?”

 

“I’ll protect you. That’s for sure.”

 

“...Madman...”

 

Gunwoo hurriedly averted his gaze to the lake that was located not far from Eunhwa. He couldn’t meet Eunhwa’s eyes as a question that he didn’t even knew the answer – and he even tried to throw it either – existed in his mind for a second ago.

 

“What if Jung Eunhwa is Madman?”

 

Eunhwa looked towards Gunwoo. She was indeed feeling thankful by Gunwoo’s existence that made her somehow found a person to put her faith to and it was warm feelings that had successfully embrace her lifeless soul.

 

And she loves it.

 

“Detective Lee. You don’t have to protect me though.” Eunhwa softly pushed away Gunwoo’s hands. “But, thank you. I really appreciate your efforts.”

 

Gunwoo shook his head and looked around them. Then, he just realized that they were in the middle of the track. “This isn’t right. We should sit and have a nice chit-chat with each other, right?”

 

Eunhwa slightly nodded and followed Gunwoo that was already walked towards a bench besides a big magnolia tree. Gunwoo was smiling and pat a space beside him for Eunhwa to sit. It was a sudden change of atmosphere; but he knew that he choose – since from the very beginning – to believe in Eunhwa, up until the end, when the Madman had finally been captured with his own hands.

 

And he was ready for every possibility.

 

And that even includes if she is the Madman that he looked for.

 

“Miss Jung. About that earlier, I’m the one who made the decision so just let me protect you, okay?”

 

“But you’re already busy with all those Madman cases.” Eunhwa tried to remind Gunwoo for the Madman cases that had haunted every single person in South Korea.

 

“And don’t forget that you’re also one of the people involved in this case.” Gunwoo shot a look towards Eunhwa. “Protecting you is already a part of my job, and I’m willing to do that by my own will.”

 

Eunhwa nodded. “Okay. It does seem that I’d to follow the order.”

 

Gunwoo laughed. But soon, his laugh dies after he remembered the list of victims that was actually the main reason bring him here, at this park in this very minute.

 

He would like to make a mini runaway of his as he would like to live a life without those cases, very much. But that was his responsibility and as one of the protectors of South Korea citizens, he would ensure that Madman will be arrested sooner.

 

Before he took another life.

 

But, as the world itself would like to remind him on purpose of his responsibilities that he can’t – or never – ran from; he met Eunhwa.

 

The one who’s important in Madman’s cases.

 

But, the same question was still ringing inside his head.

 

“What if Jung Eunhwa is Madman?”

 

Meanwhile, Eunhwa shifted her gaze towards the scenery right before her eyes; completely didn’t aware of Gunwoo’s mood change and his own mental breakdown that happened right inside himself.

 

As result, they didn’t talk to each other for minutes up until Eunhwa tried to break the still and full with awkward air. And as she think she didn’t have anything to talk to Gunwoo, maybe this was the perfect time for her to politely requested herself to go back home.

 

“You see, Detective Lee, I-“

 

TAK

 

A hairy yet hard thing fell onto Eunhwa’s shoulder.

 

All of a sudden, Eunhwa became frozen and all things that she would like to say to Gunwoo were disappeared into the thin air as soon as Gunwoo’s head fall weightlessly on her shoulder.

 

“D-Detective Lee?” Eunhwa softly called for Gunwoo’s name.

 

But, there wasn’t any response.

 

Eunhwa sighed. It was totally awkward for her in this kind of situation as the last person to do like this was her fiancé, Yoo Youngjae.

 

And that, was happened, quite years ago.

 

She turned her head slightly to look towards Gunwoo. She just staring at Gunwoo’s visage that was so serene and calm; which did bring such tranquil vibes inside her eventhough she’d never seen this side of Gunwoo before.

 

She smiled. And the smile even got broader.

 

For the first time after the hardships that she endured for almost 3 years already, her lips automatically curled up and formed a smile that even she couldn’t stopped herself from doing so.

 

“How I just hope that I won’t into these cases of Madman.”

 

Eunhwa stunned and the smile that was formed perfectly onto her face quickly disappeared. She examined Gunwoo’s face – he was indeed still sleeping, but he was sleep-talking just now about Madman which made his calm face slightly frowned.

 

Eunhwa was worried. She would really like to help this man that was trying his best to protect her; but...how?

 

If she couldn’t help even herself, how can she help him?

 

 

The sunlight rays are extremely shone for today; until it landed onto Gunwoo’s figure that was lying on the bench since hours ago. The bright sunshine was the first image that he saw as soon as he opened his eyes.

 

And soon after that, something popped up inside his mind.

 

“Miss Jung Eunhwa!!”

 

Gunwoo quickly stood up and accidentally made his head slightly dizzy by his sudden movement. He finally came back to his senses and quickly scanned through his environment.

 

He could see the people were staring at him, and also those who didn’t too.

 

He didn’t care about those people.

 

He find for that one person.

 

But he couldn’t see her.

 

Jung Eunhwa.

 

He slowly touched his nape as his body was still weary from the deep slumber that he even didn’t remember how or even when he could fall asleep – and even on Eunhwa’s shoulder – as he vaguely remember that he hit something hard, and yet he just shrugged it off.

 

His eyes couldn’t stop finding her almost everywhere, at its most maximum sight limit.

 

“Maybe she’d gone back home?” Gunwoo asked himself. “Or...”

 

Gunwoo shook his head fervently. Deep in his heart, he hoped his second thought wouldn’t turn out real.

 

“...she’s in danger?”

 

 

 

 

[Phantom - Hole In Your Face (Inst.)]

 

SCREET

 

A black car entered the basement parking area and with quick steps, the driver went towards the entrance of Angel Air. He pressed the auto-lock button on the car’s keys from afar before he finally entered the building.

 

The lift button been pressed. But, his feet were still tapping on the carpeted floor; indicates that he was absolutely in a hurry.

 

TING

 

He swiftly made his way through the elevator and anxiously pressed the ‘Close Door’ button before he pressed floor’s button and let out a relief sigh.

 

The sweats that formed on his forehead clearly shown that he was quite tired but the twinkle in his eyes proved that he started to feel the adrenaline rushing through his veins.

 

He couldn’t stop. And he won’t stop.

 

TING

 

He finally arrived at the place that he felt like he belongs to. Slowly he went out from the elevator and made a firm steps towards the passageways; and his steps finally stopped.

 

He looked towards the door in front of him right at this moment with his piercing eyes.

 

He smirked.

 

 

Soojung pressed the brake pedal before glanced towards Jieun beside her with an assuring looks.

 

“We’re arrived Jieun sshi.”

 

Jieun nodded. “Thank you, Soojung sshi.”

 

Jieun was about to hop off from the car when Soojung slightly held Jieun’s wrist and smiled.

 

“Good luck, Song Jieun sshi. I sincerely hope that you’ll be happy with Himchan oppa.”

 

Jieun smiled and gave Soojung a quick hug.

 

“That’s so sweet of you, Soojung sshi. Thank you.”

 

Jieun was already walking several steps forward, far from Soojung’s car before Soojung decided to holler out something to Jieun.

 

“I’ll wait here!”

 

 

Jieun walked to the basement parking area from the entrance of Lotte Mall with a broad smile on her face. She held up a package inside her grip lightly before put it down back.

 

“Oh? Where is Soojung?”

 

Jieun looked to the right and to the left if in case she would see Soojung’s car from afar. But, as she still didn’t get to have a look of the car or even Soojung, she decided to walk by herself around the basement parking area.

 

Suddenly, there’s a harsh grip that held her wrist.

 

“Ouch!” Jieun yelped in pain. And as her body had turned around, she could see the person clearly; as a person that she knew so much.

 

“H-Himchan.”

 

“We need to talk, Jieun ahh.”

 

 

Soojung smiled triumphantly after she had finally succeeded in obtaining an empty slot for her to park her car. It was indeed was a long way to find the space as all the parking slots near to the Lotte Mall’s entrance were full; until she found one which was located near to the exit way from the building.

 

“I hope Jieun sshi wouldn’t mind if this is quite far...” Soojung stated under her breath. Then, she cautiously walked towards the entrance of Lotte Mall when she suddenly found Jieun at a secluded area, which was nearer to her.

 

“Jieun- oh?”

 

Soojung just wanted to yell for Jieun’s name when she found out that there’s a figure in front of Jieun; and she vaguely could see the face of the person from her view.

 

A question started to arise inside her mind.

 

“Who’s that?”

 

 

 

“Channie ahh...” Jieun looked towards Himchan with a smile still forming on her visage. “What you would like to talk to me?”

 

“Eunnie ahh. I already know everything.” Himchan slowly started to talk. He bit his lower lips. He didn’t know how he supposed to talk about this either.

 

“You know what?” Jieun then went towards Himchan and caressed his visage softly. “Tell me hmm?”

 

“You...” Himchan looked towards Jieun eyes with his deep gaze. “...went to Eunhwa’s house this morning, am I right?”

 

Jieun’s hand shaken and fell upon the sentences that came out from Himchan’s mouth just now. “How...how you know that?”

 

Himchan held Jieun’s hand and put it to his cheeks. “I know it Jieun ahh...”

 

“How can you know about it? You’re not supposed to know- wait!” Jieun then harshly let go of her hands that been held by Himchan just now. “You’re not coming home earlier, don’t you?”

 

Himchan who was quite shocked by Jieun’s behavior, looked towards Jieun in awe. “Yes, I am!” And as he couldn’t contain his anger that he tried to control before, he pushed Jieun until she once again screamed in pain. “Why you did that, Song Jieun? Why?!”

 

“It’s all because of you!!” Jieun yelled right in front of Himchan’s face and smirked. “If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t go that far, you know?”

 

“You!” Himchan once again held Jieun’s wrists harder and pushed her until her back touched the wall behind her. And the package in her grip fell weightlessly to the floor; revealed the suits along with the necktie that was accidentally shoved out from the bag.

 

Jieun was now trapped between Himchan intense grip, and she could clearly felt his breath brushes past her face. Without any warning, Himchan suddenly kissed her hard until she couldn’t breathe properly.

 

And the kiss itself, it wasn’t a romantic one – but full with hatred.

 

And Jieun could felt it.

 

Jieun pushed Himchan away from her with her remained energy left as soon as the grip on her wrists was slightly loosened. Then, she swiftly wiped her lips and gave Himchan a vengeful stare.

 

“Why? Song Jieun – isn’t that what you want?” Himchan smirked. “You want me, right? I’m trying to giving myself to you and what’s this - you pushed me away?”

 

“Himchan ahh...”

 

“I’d prove myself to be a better boyfriend by accepting you. I’d even tried to love you as much as I can – but how could you still doubt my heart?”

 

“You don’t love me.” Jieun suddenly shot back words towards Himchan. “And you won’t love me either.”

 

“Jieun, it’s not what-“

 

“Do you like her that much?” Jieun’s eyes started to get wet with her tears. “Do you love her that much, huh? You don’t even try to look at me! The one who keep being by your side is me! Not her! But you’re a fool to actually realize that!”

 

SWOOSH

 

Jieun’s eyes wide opened. left agape.

 

“Jieun ahh...”

 

SWOOSH

 

Her shirt drenched with the red thick liquid that oozed out right from her own abdomen. She held her bleeding chest; as she was barely breathing now.

 

“Jieun ahh...” Himchan slowly whispered on her ear. “I love you.”

 

“You...” Jieun stuttered. “Kim...Himchan...”

 

SWOOSH

 

“You don’t have to worry, no more, Jieun ahh...” Himchan hugged Jieun tighter in his arms despite his blazer that was drenched with her blood. “I’d already told you before right? Yes, I love her. I love Jung Eunhwa.”

 

Jieun cried. The both pain outside and inside her was totally painful to bear.

 

“Why you did ignore my warning, my lovely Jieun? Why?!” Himchan then pushed Jieun’s body harshly until she hit the wall. But, as it wasn’t enough to satisfy his psychotic desire; he pulled Jieun hair and made her face visible in his eyes.

 

The evil eyes.

 

“You should listen to me at the first place; or you’ll never end up in this pathetic way, same as Sooyeon.” Himchan scoffed towards Jieun without even bothered about anything.

 

Anymore.

 

Jieun tried her best to say something eventhough she had lost a lot of blood already but failed; as had been slashed off mercilessly. Her stomach and chest was in a great pain – and how she just wished for her life to go faster so that she didn’t have to listen to everything that Himchan blurted out.

 

Tears once again fell through her cheeks.

 

As if her wish been heard by God, she could felt her eyelids slowly closed and the pain that she felt before was slowly disappeared.

 

As her soul was ready to leave her body.

 

Himchan let Jieun’s almost lifeless body fell onto the concrete floor as soon as he let go of his grip. He stared at her face – full with vengeful look – before he leaned towards her – with his hands caressed strands of her hair – and whispered as softly as he could; just right before Jieun closed her eyes for forever.

 

“I’m sorry, but you’re no longer a good marionette for me, Song Jieun.”


Petite_Star Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

Finally we've reached the of 'Going Crazy'! Yay!

Do you surprised by the Madman's identity so far? Congrats for reading it up until here; I really appreciate it ^^

But the Madman adventures wouldn't stop....yet. *wink*

I do have nothing to say at this moment, but! I hope that you won't insert Himchan's name in the comments section, okay? As I really don't want any spoilers for the new readers... :)