#Case038

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case038 – Kidnapped

 

A splash of cold water been thrown to both of them thus made them wake up in total devastation.

 

“What the-“

 

Their eyelids slowly opened up, just to greet a bright light that almost blinded their eyes. As an automatic response, they rose up their hands to cover their eyes – but failed. Then, a forced growl soon could be heard from them that were lying on the cold floor, as soon as a realization hit them.

 

Their hands were tied.

 

“Damn!”

 

“Jongup sshi!”

 

“Soojung sshi?” Jongup exclaimed as soon as he saw Soojung who was still struggling in her position right beside him. “Are you okay?”

 

“No,” Soojung bluntly answered Jongup’s question as she tried her best to smile despite her struggling condition. “It’s a lie if I say ‘yes’, isn’t it?”

 

Jongup let out a small laugh before he returned back to his serious face as his eyes started to roam around the small, dusty room. “But how we end up here?”

 

“I bring you here. Both of you.”

 

He put the bucket that he used to splash the water towards Jongup and Soojung beside him, with his eyes pinned on Jongup’s face. “Moon Jongup. I assumed that you’ll be ready for this but, it seems that you don’t have any clue...regarding me?”

 

The owner of the husky voice then slowly went closer towards them, until finally they could see his face clearly.

 

“Kim Himchan,” Soojung’s mouth automatically spoke out Himchan’s full name as soon as she saw Himchan’s face.

 

“Why, Soojung ahh,” Himchan smirked as he made his steps closer to Soojung. He squatted down and held her face closer to him. “Do you surprise by my appearances, hmm?”

 

Soojung spit on Himchan’s face. She scoffed. “I’m not, and I shall not.”

 

Himchan pulled Soojung’s face closer to his face than before. “You ungrateful kid – what a disgrace for your late sister.”

 

Himchan pushed Soojung’s face harshly, which turned out her head banged onto the cold floor with a loud thump. Soojung yelped in pain; meanwhile Jongup was struggling to set himself free from the knots.

 

“Don’t you dare to touch her!!”

 

“Like if you wouldn’t dead in my hands either.” Himchan snorted. “It’s quite easy for me to take care of you two, you know? So, tell me, what kind of death is your favourite? Should I stab you...or shoot you instead?”

 

Soojung and Jongup’s faces turned ashen.

 

“Tell me your wish. I’ll be gladly granted it for you.”

 

“You wish!” Jongup gritted his teeth in desperation. “We won’t die. We will stay alive. Don’t put your expectation too high, Kim Himchan.”

 

Himchan laughed as if he’d heard something funny. Then, he stopped and sent a piercing looks towards Jongup and Soojung. “You’ll stay alive? Won’t die? Huh!”

 

“Let me say this one thing; your life is actually depends on me. Besides, whoever that knows my secret, I would never let him alive; just as how I did to Sooyeon.”

 

“What you did to Sooyeon unnie?” Soojung asked. “Kim Himchan, just tell me, what did you do to her?!”

 

Himchan stayed rooted to the ground as soon as he realized that he had said something that he shouldn’t. But he didn’t bulged or even trying to run. Nevertheless, he thought that she deserved to know it.

 

He would tell her the truth.

 

“I killed her.”

 

“Y-you...” Tears started crept down her face. “H-how could you do that?”

 

Himchan slightly shrugged both of his shoulders and made an expressionless face as if he wasn’t doing anything wrong.

 

Killing people had never been wrong in his eyes.

 

“What can I say?” Himchan looked towards Soojung with an empty looks. “I admit that Sooyeon is really adorable, and yet she’d helped me a lot...a lot; up until I felt indebted with her.”

 

“Don’t you ever say her name with your filthy mouth, you killer! You killed my sister!” Soojung couldn’t control her emotions anymore. She was feeling angry – very angry – towards Himchan.

 

“I had to!” Himchan yelled out. Then, he cursed under his breath before he roughly pulled up his own hair. “Sooyeon knows my secret, and I just couldn’t let her go.”

 

“You did that – all because of your secret?” Jongup asked in anger. He swore that he could just punch Himchan right on his face if not for this hands that were tied between the ropes. “Oh. Do you possibly mean your secret room?”

 

“That’s only a small little one. She knows a way lot that I didn’t even realize at first, but soon I knew that she knows about it.”

 

Himchan shook his head fervently before continuing his sentences. “She knows that I killed them.

 

“Them? Your victims?” Soojung tried to provoke Himchan for him to tell the reason behind her sister’s murder.

 

“No. She never knew that I’m the Madman,” Himchan slowly said, his voice sounded almost like a whisper. “But she knew that I killed ...”

 

Soojung and Jongup gulped. They would really like to know the identity of ‘them’ that Himchan said; but at the same time, they were afraid with the reality that they had just discovered.

 

Himchan doesn’t have any mercy for people that know his secrets. And as soon as he revealed his ultimate secret; they’ll soon meet their death and turned out same as Sooyeon’s fate.

 

Himchan smirked. He could sense the fear inside Jongup and Soojung’s soul.

 

And he loved it.

 

Himchan raised his voice aloud. And he even emphasized each name that he was going to say, for they to listen – and for him to have more reason to kill both people right in front of him.

 

“...Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae.”

                        

 

Eunhwa stunned. She couldn’t believe what she had heard just now.

 

She was just gone downstairs from her room as she sensed no one was around at this hour. Maybe, she was wrong, but she was determined enough to try.

 

Tried to get away from Himchan.

 

Her moves were slower and weak; as her feet was feeble enough from the medicine that Himchan used to give her through his nurse. He always used to say that it’s for her own good – but it seems that, it’s all for his ultimate motive that was to keep her with him all the time.

 

She was sick of it. And now, she felt very sick indeed.

 

A soft cough came out from Eunhwa’s mouth as she tried her best to cover it with her hand. She held the bannister with her other hand, as she made her way cautiously to walk through the staircase and just steps more, she’ll reach for the front door, and escaped this hell.

 

“I had to!”

 

Eunhwa halted her steps as soon as she was in the middle of the hallway. She looks around. There’s no even anybody there; and yet she heard voice – or exactly, she heard Himchan’s voice.

 

And it somehow, had successfully made her intrigued enough to search for his voice; even though she didn’t have to, but her instinct think of the other way round.

 

Maybe, she could know about things that she’d never known; or even discover the truth.

 

With that, she slowly went towards where she heard the voices from and finally found a hideous hallway that was actually could lead her to a room – that she didn’t even realized of its existence as it was located in a secluded area of this house.

 

Hidden room.

 

Eunhwa clenched her hand into a fist and brought it over her chest. She could felt her heart thump wildly as she made her way through the hallway that led to the room that she could heard Himchan’s voice from.

 

And as she made her way closer, she could hear the other voices as well.

 

Clearly.

 

“Oh. Do you possibly mean your secret room?”

 

It’s a man voice. But it’s not Himchan. Eunhwa started to wonder the identity of the voice owner.

 

But she was more wonder about the secret room that he talked about.

 

“That’s only a small little one. She knows a way lot that I didn’t even realize at first, but soon I knew that she knows about it.”

 

“About it?” Eunhwa felt bad. She could tell with her heart that it was a bad thing under Himchan’s scheme.

 

But what she didn’t knew, it was all related to her since the very beginning.

 

“No. She never knew that I’m the Madman, but she knew that I killed Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae.”

 

And that was what makes her stood rooted to the ground, and trying her best to repeat the sentences again and again in her head, as she couldn’t believe her ears.

 

“Jung Daehyun is Jung Eunhwa’s brother. And Yoo Youngjae, was her ex-fiancé. But I’d killed them both. I, Kim Himchan, am the one who killed them.”

 

Eunhwa could felt a lump inside . And she even could felt her heart skipped a beat.

 

“I never meant to kill Daehyun. I just wanted to kill Youngjae, as he was the one who took Eunhwa away from me!”

 

Eunhwa closed her eyes. Hot tears were streaming down her face.

 

“But, as if the fate was meant for me; unexpectedly Daehyun was there, together with Youngjae in his car that I’d modified for an accident to really happen and....boom! It was magnificent, and I’d even kill two birds with one stone. Huh!”

 

Eunhwa cupped to prevent herself from weeping loudly, as she couldn’t contain her sadness inside her heart.

 

This was too much for her.

 

“You such a devil, Kim Himchan! You’d killed Eunhwa sshi’s family and ruined her life all because of your own obsession for her. You’re not a person anymore.... I wonder how you acted kind in front of me and my sister before this!”

 

Eunhwa could capture the words, and she opened her eyes in shock.

 

This voice...maybe possibly...

 

“You have no right to say anything about me, Jung Soojung!” A loud slap could be heard. And Eunhwa finally could know that her guess was right.

 

It’s Jung Soojung.

 

“Kim Himchan!!!”

 

A loud yell from the other man’s voice entered Eunhwa’s eardrum, and made her sense that whatever it is inside the room, there was something bad that happened to both Soojung and the man.

 

As Himchan could do anything, even it is to kill.

 

DUM

 

Eunhwa’s eyes bulged. It’s...a gun shot.

 

Did he...kill her?

 

“I don’t want to kill you yet so far,” A silence suddenly engulfed them for seconds before Himchan continued his sentences. “Jung Soojung and Moon Jongup.”

 

“Jongup ahh! Soojung ahh!” Eunhwa really hoped that she could save them, but she didn’t know how and besides, she was totally helpless by herself as she had lost her voice soon after she saw how Gunwoo dead in front of her eyes.

 

All she could was pray; praying for their safety.

 

“Your life...are actually depends on how Eunhwa would accept me for my proposal. If she says yes, maybe I’ll consider letting you two alive, but if her answer is no...”

 

Eunhwa was flabbergasted upon she heard her name been said by Himchan. And yet, to her surprise, she was the one that could save them – as all depends on her.

 

“...I’ll kill you, two of you.”

 

Eunhwa slowly retreated from her stature, and headed back towards her room upstairs. She gave the front door a last look, as she was going to forget her intention to run away.

 

She had to save Soojung and Jongup, no matter what.

 

Even though it means that she had to put her future in gamble. And even means that she had to be with Kim Himchan – her brother and fiancé’s killer – for her entire life.

 

“I’ll save them.”


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

The truth is now revealed; and Eunhwa finally knew the truth behind Daehyun and Youngjae's death.

And...what just going to happen to Soojung and Jongup?

Could Eunhwa save them by agree to Himchan's soon-proposal to her?

And~ 2 more chapters~~ Ahh...the feels *sobs* I don't know how to say it T^T

I'm happy, sad, and excited at the same time :) Wowie, there were 3-in-1 mixture inside me xP

And~ for the next clue!

#Fourth_clue

I don’t think I can see you anymore, I think I’m really dying