#Case010

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case010 – 「Surprise I

 

Eunhwa couldn’t stopped think about the man who was found killed yesterday in the pub; right in the hotel pub. Every time she closed her eyes, she felt as his shadow was upon her; revealed the smile of his – no, it’s more like he was smirking to her.

 

His sentences kept replayed in her mind.

 

“But I’ll get over you soon...”

 

“My head....” She felt a sudden chill and her body was sweating all over. Her head was extremely dizzy out of a sudden. And as results, she fell hard on her couch.

 

This kind of situation reminded her of something in the past....and tears started welling in her eyes.

 

“Oppa....” Eunhwa couldn’t move her body. She was having a migraine. And now, she finally called for her fiancée after she couldn’t contain the pain any longer.

 

“Eunhwa! Eunhwa ah! Gwenchana?” Youngjae who came from the house lawn quickly approached into the kitchen and put Eunhwa on his laps.

 

“No. Not at all. My head is dizzy.” Eunhwa slowly opened and tried to speak as much as she could. The pain was too much to bear though.

 

“Your migraine is coming back I suppose? Here, let me bring you to your bed for a rest.” But Eunhwa held Youngjae’s hand. She looked right into Youngjae’s eyes while shook her head.

 

“Aniyo. Let me just rest here. I don’t want you to go anywhere.” Eunhwa closed her eyes calmly while Youngjae just chuckled to hear that kind of sentences from Eunhwa.

 

“Arasso, nae yeoja. (I understand, my lady.)”

 

“Yoo Youngjae.....” Eunhwa could not stop her tears. It kept falling down eventhough she wanted to stop it.

 

Suddenly, there was a pain stricken in her head. She held her head while voicelessly in pain.

 

Migraine?

 

She felt her forehead. It’s hot. Was she having a fever?

 

“Aniyo. It can’t be. I can’t be sick. I can’t!” Eunhwa whispered under her breath.

 

DING DONG

 

Her view became blurred. She heard the doorbell rang; but she just couldn’t approach the door. As if the door was too far from her.

 

“Wait! I’m coming!”

 

She d for anything by her hands to make she was on her right track to the front door. Her forehead was sweating uncontrollably. She made a step forward with most careful so that she won’t hit anything in front of her.

 

And finally, her hand could felt the knob. She quickly turned the knob and the door opened. She took a look to the person in front of her but suddenly her legs felt weak and she fainted.

 

But, she could see right before she closed her eyes, before everything was dark – Youngjae was there; caught her quickly in his arms.

 

“I’m doing nothing on that body!! I just tripped my feet on my way to get out from the crazy media and then I fell – right on his body!!”

 

Gunwoo just looked suspiciously towards Soojung who was now standing with her eyes nearly popped out as she was really angry with Gunwoo for now.

 

“Okay, okay. I know that and now miss....errr..” Gunwoo hesitated to continue his sentences as he didn’t know Soojung’s name.

 

“Soojung. Jung Soojung.” Soojung shifted her gaze to the other side. Looked to Gunwoo’s face would just made her blood boiled.

 

“Erm. Miss Jung. Please sit down first. I don’t mean to make you be so angry like this-“

 

“You already did.” Soojung cut Gunwoo’s sentences and quickly sat down on her chair.

 

“Mianhae.” Gunwoo apologized for his action and questions that had made Soojung felt offended.

 

“Hmmph!” Soojung didn’t want to accept those apologies from Gunwoo though. Gunwoo messed his hair; felt thoughtless in how to make Soojung forgave him.

 

TOK TOK

 

“Enter!” Gunwoo called for the person outside the interrogation room to enter.

 

Then, Mr. Han entered the room. He quickly went to Gunwoo and whispered something. They both then went to the isolated corner of the room; afar a bit from Soojung. Soojung just looked at both of them suspiciously and she did try to eavesdrop on the conversation between Gunwoo and Mr. Han.

 

“Yah! Miss Jung, I’m sorry but what are you doing right now huh?” Gunwoo who kept look towards her came approached her with a stern look on his face.

 

“I-I did nothing.” Soojung tried denied her wrongdoing and kept sat on her chair as if nothing happened.

 

Gunwoo smirked. Then, Soojung suddenly got a bright idea on her head.

 

“By the way, Mr. Lee.” Soojung slowly started the conversation between her and Gunwoo.

 

“What?!” Gunwoo then rose up a bit of his voice volume; which made Soojung startled a bit. “Mianhae. Please continue.”

 

“You are already made two apologies from me but still, I didn’t accept both of them yet.” Soojung said it with a mischievous idea had popped up already in her mind.

 

“So?” Gunwoo started to feel annoyed by Soojung, so he just took one of the file on the table and flipped pages randomly.

 

“I have an idea – no, a condition! For me to accept your apologies right away.” Soojung showed her forefinger to Gunwoo’s face as ‘one’ sign.

 

“Did it matters to me if you accept my apologies or not?” Gunwoo flicked Soojung’s forefinger and stayed to look up on one of the pages in the file.

 

“Yah! How rude police officers nowadays!” Soojung pouted. Gunwoo then closed the file and shifted his gaze towards Soojung.

 

“Okay. Tell me your condition.”

 

“That’s good! Okay now, listen!” Soojung smiled broadly. “I want to know about this case from you. Why he killed? Who killed him? And on what purpose he did been killed? Or you can also state that how he had been k-“

 

“Stop! Is this your condition?” Gunwoo asked Soojung with a smirk on his face.

 

“Yup!” Soojung answered happily. She was sure that Gunwoo would fall into her trap.

 

“Miss Jung.” He slowly cued Mr. Han to held Soojung hand. “This is police matter. You absolutely cannot interfere with it.”

 

“But I just wanna-“

 

“Mr. Han. her out from this room and also this police station. Now.”

 

“Kim Himchan!!”

 

Himchan quickly opened his eyes. He scanned quickly his surroundings. And he even felt his forehead; he was sweating hard.

 

He was on his seat. Inside an office.

 

But it’s not his office. Did he miss something from his memories?

 

“Kim Himchan! Hyung, are you okay?” Himchan dumbfounded when suddenly he saw Jongup was right in front of him; or to be exactly, he was in front of his table.

 

“Moon Jongup. What are you doing here?” He suddenly muted himself as he now could recognize this office.

 

President’s office.

 

“Hyung!” Jongup screamed a bit. “You’re the one who called me to be here!” Then, he laughed a bit.

 

“Oh. Is it?” Himchan still blurred. He couldn’t figure everything yet.

 

“Hyung! You’re sweating! Having a nightmare just now?” Jongup’s face then suddenly turned into a concern face.

 

“Ah. This? It’s nothing. Just felt slightly hot for suddenly. Haha.” Himchan awkwardly laughed. “By the way, Jongup ahh.”

 

Jongup shifted his gaze towards Himchan. “Yes?”

 

“I want a cup of Americano. Can you buy one for me please?” Himchan requested it with a feeble smile on his face.

 

“Sure thing! I’ll go right away!”

 

As soon as Jongup went out from the office and shut the door, Himchan cupped his face. Felt somewhat tired for today.

 

“Am I just dreaming random things before?” Himchan questioned himself. Then, he touched his neck. “The strangled part feels very real though. But...why I have to dream that?”

 

‘Feeling guilty?’

 

He quickly shook his head. Why he should feel that? Was it about that he abandoned the unknown caller yesterday’s night?

 

“But he’s not Wonshik right? I mean – why he have to call me with other number than his usual number?” Again, he talked to himself. No; it’s most like he questioned himself again.

 

‘It doesn’t make sense.’

 

Then, he leaned back against the chair. And he suddenly reminded of something.

 

How he got to be in this office....

 

Himchan was just arrived to his office when President’s secretary called him.

 

“President Hong is calling for you.”

 

Then, he quickly went to Mr. President office. Before he entered the room, he knocked the door three times in equal.

 

“Enter!”

 

Himchan opened the door slowly. Inside President’s office, there were a lot of people; mostly had higher position in this company. So, he quickly bowed to everybody and looked towards President Hong.

 

“I heard that President Hong want to meet me.”

 

“Yes, I do. So now please take a seat first Himchan. You come right on time. We’re just about to discuss about it.”

 

Himchan was feeling curious. About it? He then took a seat beside the Vice President, who was smiling to him while nodded his head as Himchan bowed to him.

 

“As you all the gentlemen here knew...” President Hong started to talk about something. “...my son was being found dead yesterday.”

 

All the gentlemen there were nodding their head in a gloomy face. Everybody knew it.

 

“So, I felt a big loss in my life for now eventhough he was not the best son for me in his life but still, he was my only son, my only family.” President Hong paused himself for a while.

 

“Because of that matter, I did make my own choice; and now I wanted to receive opinion from gentlemen here about who will be the best representative to take my position for a while.”

 

Everybody kept their head up, looked to President Hong with full of question lingered around their mind. Include Himchan.

 

“Kim Himchan.” President Hong slowly called for him.

 

“Y-yes, President?” Himchan startled by the sudden call from his boss.

 

“I want you to be my representative when I was absent.”

 

Himchan shocked. And so did the gentlemen there too.

 

“B-but I-“ Himchan just wanted to reject the position but the Vice President cut his sentences.

 

“Mr. President! What a best choice that you have made here! I agree. This boy is really outstanding in his work despite his young age.”

 

And the other gentlemen too were saying their agreement for Himchan to be President’s Representative in President’s absence period.

 

“Hyung!” Himchan quickly lifted his head up to see Jongup brought a cup of Americano coffee; his favorite.

 

“Well done, Jongup ahh. Gomawo.” Himchan took the cup from Jongup and took a sip of Americano with a great pleasure. Jongup smiled to see Himchan like that.

 

“President’s Representative, Mr. Kim Himchan.” Himchan furrowed his eyebrows; waited for the next sentence came out form Jongup’s mouth.

 

“Congratulations! And I got great news for you.”


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

Btw, I can't wait for the next umm...maybe last character left to be revealed? xD

That's a  clue~ ^^