#Case034

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case034 – Be Your Shadow

 

“It’s really important. Believe me.”

 

Gunwoo eyed Soojung full of anticipation for her announcement about ‘something important’ that she emphasized just now. Based on her serious visage, he could tell that this would be something that really important and worth for him to hear it.

 

“Himchan oppa...” Soojung started to talk about the discovery that she had to tell Gunwoo about. “...is actually-“

 

CLICK

 

“Detective Lee!!!!”

 

Both Gunwoo and Soojung became dumbfounded as soon as their gazes fell onto Mr. Han’s figure that barged into Gunwoo’s room with a terror flash across his face. His shoulders even heaved up and down and he was panting heavily as if he’d made a marathon before.

 

“What- why Mr. Han? Is th-“

 

“The main tool that used for each and every Madman’s cases was found!”

 

“What?!” Gunwoo and Soojung yelled in unison and soon looked to one another with awe before they turned back their focus towards the pale Mr. Han that was still clinging to the door knob.

 

“The dagger or knife, or whatever it is – it had been found inside...” Mr. Han took a deep breath for a second before continued his sentences. “...Jung Eunhwa’s house.”

 

“H-how it can be found there? It shouldn’t....be there...” Soojung’s voice became gradually slower as soon as her sentence reached its end. She softly gasped.

 

Jung Eunhwa was in danger now.

 

Meanwhile, Gunwoo was in utter shock as his mind had finally processed each and every words came from Mr. Han’s mouth. “Like for seriously, Han Jihoon, are you really sure about this?”

 

“Am I looks like a man who couldn’t be trusted?” Mr. Han rolled his eyes in annoyance and palmed his face. “It’s okay if you don’t get it but it’s really there – inside our prime suspect’s house, Jung Eunhwa. Now we’ve a solid proof to bring her and even called her – as the Madman that we were looking for.”

 

Gunwoo shook his head with disbelief. “Who’s the one found it? I need to see him.”

 

“Hold up, Gunwoo sshi.” Soojung then suddenly held Gunwoo’s hand to stop him going out from his office and eyed him carefully. “You don’t believe it’s her, don’t you?”

 

“Miss Jung Soojung...”

 

“Just imagine this; how can a girl do such an immoral act like that? It’s...weird, don’t you think so?”

 

“Soojung sshi.” Gunwoo slowly let out a sigh and slightly pushed Soojung’s hand from his. “I’m sorry but I completely could do nothing about this.”

 

“Why you don’t?!” Soojung raised her voice. She was totally fed up with these situations, as she really knew who the person responsible behind all this is.

 

But, she just couldn’t say it.

 

“Trust me, Detective Lee – it isn’t her!”

 

“How can I trust you in this state? I’d even about to arrest her; eventhough I didn’t want to!” Gunwoo barked. He was totally in dilemma; as his guts believe Eunhwa’s innocence in this case, but, at the same time all the proofs were all directing him to her – and he couldn’t just follow his heart and made a blunt decision...

 

...as Madman, was really a dangerous person to let free.

 

Soojung stunned as soon as she heard Gunwoo’s stern remarks towards her. Her eyes brimmed with tears – even she was also facing a dilemma in her life. She didn’t know what exactly she should do; should she just say that a person that she thought as her own brother is Madman?

 

Even so, she didn’t have any proof or even anything to stop Gunwoo from arresting Eunhwa at this very crucial moment.

 

Gunwoo looked towards Soojung with a guilt eyes. He would do his job no matter what. He would try to believe this sudden revelation; as there was nothing to do – no more.

 

“I’m sorry...” Gunwoo held softly Soojung’s shoulder without even bother to reply Soojung’s gazes to him. He looked towards Mr. Han with his usual professional face before giving a simple nod to his acquaintance. “...but she have to be arrested. I’m going to just follow the procedures.”

 

As soon as he said so, for Gunwoo, there’s no more innocent Eunhwa that he knew.

 

It’s a deal between him...and Madman.

 

 

“Noona.”

 

From that single call, Eunhwa shifted her gaze and faced Jongup that was smiling brightly towards her. “Tell me noona, how you can stop smiling?”

 

Eunhwa softly shook his head. “Wrong question you got there, Jongup ahh.”

 

Jongup held his nape before grinning sheepishly. Why you stop smiling?”

 

“Ever since my brother and my fiancé’s death in an accident years ago; almost 3 years ago.”

 

Jongup stunned awkwardly as he never thought that he would ask a sensitive question to Eunhwa. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to...”

 

“I know.” Eunhwa calmly replied and smiled softly as she took a moment to see the white fluffy cloud on top of her. “I couldn’t just accept their death...and I didn’t want to let go of them from my side either.”

 

Jongup just stared towards Eunhwa and be a good listener to her story. He never thought that she would confess her own feelings and past to someone that she barely knew like him. Even so, he felt glad to see calm face of Eunhwa; as if she had slowly let go of those people that she cherished, for them to make their way to heaven.

 

“I’d even wished something that sounds crazy.” Eunhwa slowly sighed. “I knew it won’t ever happen – but I want to somehow believe it; as nothing was impossible.”

 

“What is your wish, then?”

 

Eunhwa kept shut. Then, she looked around them once again and spotted the same person before was still trailing them. “I wish...”

 

She gulped as she could see his smirk from afar. “That person behind that tree will eventually vanish from my sight.”

 

And, without her knowledge; she’d already tell Jongup about the man that spied on them since her arrival before.

 

Jongup tilted his head aside Eunhwa’s direction and finally saw the person that Eunhwa meant. He then quickly turned back his focus towards the small pond at this hospital’s small garden before he finally made his way to ask Eunhwa, soon after she was also averting her eyes from keeps looking towards the mysterious guy.

 

“When you’d seen him?”

 

“I don’t know. But I’d already sensed it when I meet you in front of your room.”

 

Jongup hissed. He silently cursed and took Eunhwa’s hand. “It’s not safe here. Let me walk you back, noona.”

 

“B-but your treatment?” Eunhwa asked Jongup with concern as she could see the bandages on Jongup’s arm.

 

“He targeted me.” Jongup made a quick answer for Eunhwa’s worry. “And I’m going to die in anytime if I choose to stay.”

 

Eunhwa slightly opened to ask Jongup even more as she couldn’t understand the meanings behind Jongup’s sayings. But she knew better – this time wasn’t a good time for Q and A session.

 

She nodded. And soon, she just let Jongup lead her to the way out from hospital’s area. And she’d even help Jongup from being recognized as one of the patients from doctors, nurses and even polices.

 

Soon, they’d successfully out from the hospital.

 

“That guy is still following us?” Eunhwa asked Jongup cautiously. She wouldn’t dare to turn her head around eventhough she wants to.

 

That smirk; it sent chills down her spine.

 

Jongup scanned their surroundings, and he found nothing at any spots. “No. He isn’t following us anymore.”

 

Eunhwa slowly let out her breathe. “I’m glad.”

 

“But we can never let our guards down.” Jongup sternly said. “Just in case, if he’s actually had planned what his next moves are.”

 

Eunhwa nodded. She was agreeing with Jongup.

 

“So, let us go back home.” Jongup stunned and Eunhwa could simply saw Jongup’s sudden change in his face. “I’ll give you stay at my house.”

 

Jongup nodded as he started to understand and also accept Eunhwa’s offer for him. He then quickly reached out Eunhwa’s hands. In a quick second, he could see Jaekyung’s figure in Eunhwa.

 

And for the second chance that he got from Jaekyung’s tragic death; he’ll protect Eunhwa...

 

..from Himchan.

 

“Thanks noona.”

 

 

TAP

 

His steps fell onto a fallen branch of the trees that he used as his hiding place ever since Jongup and Eunhwa tried to get away from his sight.

 

He smirked. He could find them easily by just felt their fear; and he could easily read their trembled mind.

 

Moreover, a President of Angel Air would have to be extra cautious in almost everything.

 

“I wouldn’t let you go...”

 

His voice was so soft that it could even been brought by the wind to other places; or exactly to his soulmate’s ear.

 

But she heard nothing, for sure.

 

Almost as a whisper, he muttered it again as a mantra until his eyes spotted that Eunhwa and Jongup were riding a taxi. His eyes then caught the taxi’s plat number and he quickly wrote it down on the application inside his phone that used for tracking the taxi down – and it made his life even a lot easier; as he didn’t have to hunt them.

 

Like a predator.

 

“Jongup ahh...” Himchan still pinned his sight towards the taxi full with hatred. “I won’t let you go that easily.”

 

Upon Jung Eunhwa’s name came across his mind, he mentally noted;

 

“Jung Eunhwa, you’re going to be mine soon.”

 

A sudden ringtone rang from his phone then stopped his imaginations, and snapped him back to the reality. He looked the name appeared on his phone as a ‘Private Number’ and made a decision to answer it.

 

There was an utter silence around Himchan as he listened to the caller’s each and every words carefully. But in seconds later, he couldn’t hide his enjoyment. This would be his ultimate victory throughout his lifetime.

 

His mental note just now would finally come true.

 

“Okay.” Himchan simply answered with a psychotic grin formed across his face. Then he nodded a bit before he opened his parted lips and spoke out his final decision.

 

“Just do it as planned.”


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

Ahh~ What will be to Eunhwa as Gunwoo will soon arrest her?

Could she prove her innocence; and would Gunwoo knew that Madman that he looked for isn't Eunhwa?

And what is Himchan's plan to make Eunhwa will be with him?

Just stay tuned to found out! ^^

P/s: Babyz ahh~~ Do you know what day is today?? It's our Nomnom Dae birthday, yeay! *throws confetti*

Happy 23rd brithday, Jung Daehyun! Despite everything that happened, I just hope that he'll be always happy and will achieve his best in anything that he loves :)

Moreover, we'll always waited for B.A.P's comeback, right Babyz? *wink*