#Case019

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case019 – Your Silhouette

 

“Kim...Himchan.”

 

Eunhwa slowly said out his name; the person that was yelling to his car without even knew that Eunhwa was currently looking at him, with her eyes opened wide. Then, she unknowingly tried to get to him and somehow she did not realize that she was going to across the huge lake in front of her.

 

The cold lake with a great depth beneath.

 

“Himchan ahh... Himchan ahh...” Eunhwa was calling for him with a soft voice from afar. Her feet was already being inside the cold water but her eyes still stayed on his lanky figure from behind. “Is that you for real? Himchan...”

 

TUP

 

A tear did escape her eyes and fell onto the surface of the lake’s water. She was now crying and her view of Himchan was blurred in her eyes. Then, little by little, her hand tried to reach him but it was no use; as she was still far from him.

 

Meanwhile for Himchan, he was already getting finished in let off his anger and decided to continue his journey back home. He opened the car door and just left the place hurriedly by sped off his car without even got to see Eunhwa.

 

“Andwae!” Eunhwa shook her head and tried her best to move forward in a fast pace, despite the gravity of water that did hampered her way to Himchan. She knew that she wouldn’t make it to him; as the water had already on her chest level, so that she finally shouted his name aloud. “Himchan! Kim Himchan!!!”

 

 

“Damn! Where is the place where her first date with Yoo Youngjae could be?” Gunwoo ruffled his hair all over until it became a mess. He couldn’t think of where the place that would a couple have spends their time together.

 

Because he was never into a relationship before.

 

As he was too stressed out in finding Eunhwa, he stopped his car right in front of one of the beautiful park in Seoul to take a fresh air and maybe he would came up with an idea for the clue from Eunhwa. Gunwoo then went out from his car and laid his back on his car while closed his eyes.

 

“Hmm...Where can I find Jung Eunhwa. Think; think of something Lee Gunwoo... You’re the best detective after all; so why you can’t figure out this simple thing in your head?” Gunwoo rubbed his temples while tried hardly to get an idea for it.

 

“DON’T GO!!!!”

 

Gunwoo quickly opened his eyes. He was sure enough that he heard a voice...came out from nowhere; but it sounded so near...

 

Like the voice was coming from this park.

 

“Weird.” Gunwoo tilted his head aside. “Isn’t that there was nobody in this park anymore in this hour?” He asked himself for a question that definitely had no answer for it. But then...all of a sudden, Eunhwa’s image flashed in his mind for a second.

 

“Wait up. Miss Jung Eunhwa?” Without any further delay, he quickly ran to where he had heard the voice came from. He keeps running unknowingly in order to find her, as if she was in danger.

 

He afraid that President Hong might came up for her.

 

“Miss Jung Eunhwa!!! Are you here??! Answer me if you do hear me!!” Gunwoo then yelled loudly as he stopped himself in the middle of his journey, as he didn’t know which direction he should take as he was facing an intersection.

 

“NO!!!! I’M NOT CRAZY YET!! ANDWAE!!”

 

Gunwoo then hear for a voice – which he sure that it was from the same person – from the lake direction. He then sped off running towards her. Deep in his heart, he did sure that his hunch was right.

 

‘She is Jung Eunhwa. I’m sure of it.’

 

In about several minutes later, finally Gunwoo arrived to the lake and his eyes scanned for anyone in the area. But, there were none of any single human beings at all. He slowly sighed. “I guess that I’m imagining things, am I?”

 

He just wanted to turn around right when his eyes finally caught up a silhouette of a girl – in the lake. Then, he slowly but surely went near the girl and with the help of bright moonlight, he finally could see her face.

 

Eunhwa’s face.

 

“Miss Jung Eunhwa!!” He tried to come near her but then he saw what was in front of him.

 

A lake.

 

And she wasn’t even stopped herself from keep going forward thus made Gunwoo tried his best to approached her and stopped her; as she almost been drowned into the water.

 

And finally he got her. Quickly, he turned Eunhwa’s body to face him and slapped her hard on her face; which made she was totally dumbfounded by his sudden action. “Paboya!!! Why are you trying to kill yourself in this lake huh? I know that he was dead and yet you’re into a lot of troubles nowadays; but that doesn’t mean you have to kill yourself in order to get out from all the problems and your despair!!”

 

Eunhwa just stay still while Gunwoo shook her body several times to make her back to the reality before hugged her tight. “Please...don’t do this Eunhwa sshi. I’m begging you – please don’t ever give up with your life.”

 

For the first time in his life, he hugged a woman.

 

As soon as Eunhwa heard Gunwoo’s whispers in her ear, tears were beginning to roll down her cheeks, leaving glistening trails mapping a full extent of her sadness. And Gunwoo just stood rooted to the ground while tighten more his hug as he could felt that she slowly lifted her hands up to his waist to hug him too.

 

The hug...was same like Youngjae’s hug. Warm and full of love.

 

“It’s cold.” Soon after that, Eunhwa finally started to say something, and made Gunwoo stunned by her very first sentences to him. He then slowly nodded and pulled out from the hug.

 

“Let’s go back home ne? I’ll send you to your house instead back to the hospital.”

 

Himchan drove his car in the lonely night while his mind thought about everything that President Hong did threat him before in the office.

 

Or exactly, his position as CEO of Angel Air.

 

“You....you should appreciate that I gave you this CEO’s position. If not I was the one who specially requested you to be fitted into the position, do you think that the board of directors will give it to you despite by your young age?”

 

“Ugh... why he have to remind me that over and over again? I’m using my own will and effort to reach my position now – I’m not even asking for his help! Damn it!” Himchan yelled aloud in his car, still felt mad and disappointed with his boss.

 

In order to forget all things that made his mind blow up, he pressed on the car’s radio to soothe his mind with music. And suddenly, he shifted his gaze towards the radio for a second.

 

It’s Sooyeon’s favourite song.

 

“Sooyeon ahh...” He slowly whispered her name under his breath. He was feeling so guilty for her. And he could still remember her happy face upon hearing this song been played on the radio.

 

‘Now I’ll play the song entitled....’

 

“Oppa!! Oppa!! Can you please turn the volume up? Ne?” Sooyeon who was sitting beside him in his car, was looking at him with her puppy eyes to ensure that Himchan will follow her wish.

 

“O-oh...okay.” Himchan quickly pressed ‘Play’ button on his steering wheel without asked her any question about it.

 

“I love you~” Sooyeon then was singing along to the song which made Himchan glanced for a moment towards Sooyeon that was grinning widely before returned back his focus towards the road.

 

“You do love this song so much, am I right Sooyeon ahh?” Himchan then finally asked about the song to Sooyeon. Sooyeon just nodded and then gave a loving looks to Himchan.

 

“Yup. Because this song will remind me of you, Himchan ahh~” Sooyeon cackle a bit as soon as she saw Himchan weird reaction.

 

“Mwo? Is the lyrics about me?” Himchan asked Sooyeon with a curious looks on his face. He stared straightly to Sooyeon, waiting for her answer.

 

Sooyeon just laughed until she decided to change her gaze to the front. And she did see that a car almost hit them.

 

“Himchan! Kim Himchan!!!”

 

SCREET

 

He gasped. Luckily he managed to stop the car before it hit the other car in the front of him. He panted nervously as he suddenly remembered those incidents that somehow almost put Sooyeon’s and his life in danger.

 

And he managed to make it out safely tonight, same as on that day.

 

“A-andwae.... Kim Himchan, what on the earth had happened to you lately?” Himchan asked himself, still felt numb on the driver seat. “You always think about Sooyeon... Do you possibly feeling guilty?”

 

“Himchan! Kim Himchan!!!”

 

Himchan shook his head several times. He still could hear Sooyeon’s voices in his head.

 

“Himchan! Kim Himchan!!!”

 

“Wait.” He suddenly opened up his eyes and something did come up into his mind. “That’s not what Sooyeon used to call me.”

 

“Himchan! Kim Himchan!!!”

 

Then, he finally managed to put everything organized in his mind, like a complete jigsaw puzzle. He whispered softly which he was the only person that could hear it.

 

“Lake. At the park.”

 

Seconds later, the traffic light colour changed to green, which indicates that all the vehicles behind the stop line got to move ahead. Himchan quickly set his gear to ‘Drive’ state before made a perfect U-turn to go back to the lake that he had a break before.

 

Later, he finally arrived to the lake area and hurriedly hopped out from his car to scan his surroundings for anybody that was still there in that area. He was sure enough that he heard his name been called by someone, here.

 

And he did think he knew who the person could be.

 

“This weird feeling...is starting to fill myself ever since I heard Jung Eunhwa’s name.” He once again whispered to himself. “No way...is that Jung Eunhwa that was the main suspect for Wonshik’s case and also the owner of the star bracelet that probably key for Sooyeon’s killer...is the one Jung Eunhwa that I once known before?”

 

As he was deep in his thought, his phone suddenly rang loudly and made him hurriedly took his phone and read the caller ID on his phone’s screen.

 

‘ 지은’ / ‘Jieun’

 

He pressed the ‘answer call’ virtual button. “Oh. Jieun ahh. Why are you calling me in this hour? Shouldn’t that you’re already sleep at this time?”

 

“Himchan ahh. I miss you. Come back home earlier won’t you?” Jieun voice could be heard clearly in Himchan’s ear. Then, he quickly looked to his watch by lifted up his wrist for a bit.

 

It’s already 10 pm.

 

“I’ll come back home soon. You don’t have to wait for me. Just go to sleep, ne?” Himchan slowly said the sentences by choosing the best words in order to take care of Jieun’s feelings.

 

“I don’t want to. I’ll stay wait for you until you comeback from work.” Jieun still insisted to wait for Himchan and he could imagine that Jieun was most probably pouting while talked about it.

 

“Eunnie ahh. Can you listen to me for this time-”

 

“Nope.” Jieun quickly cut Himchan sentences as she didn’t want to hear Himchan nag to her; like he had did once before at those times, when they were being best friends in college era.

 

“Fine. I lose, so I’ll come home now okay?” Himchan then made a decision to stop himself from nag as Jieun already knew what he would say to her at this moment.

 

“Ne. I already miss you until I can do nothing without you by my side. Love you, Channie ahh!” Himchan smiled. Then, he quickly ended the call and looked back to the lake for the last time before he decided to go into his car and drove off home.

 

 

“Can do nothing without Himchan oppa by your side?”

 

Jieun stunned for a bit as soon as she heard that sentences right after she ended her sweet conversation with Himchan. Then, she shifted her gaze towards Soojung who was just back from the hospital.

 

“Oh...Soojung sshi. I thought that you won’t ever come back here again.” Jieun looked towards Soojung with uneasy eyes.

 

“Oh? Is that so? Why not I’m going back to my home? This home; my sister and Himchan oppa always spent their time here together, you know.” Soojung replied without even looked into Jieun’s eyes, which made Jieun clenched her fists in frustration.

 

“Huh. So? I don’t really care about it. She’s his past, and I’m his future after all.” Jieun smiled full of satisfaction right after she finished her sentences.

 

Soojung gave a death glare to Jieun. “Oh... But he didn’t even propose to you yet; how come you’re so sure enough that you’re his future then?”

 

“Shut your mouth up. You know nothing about us.” Jieun then approached Soojung in a fast pace before looking straightly into Soojung’s eyes.

 

But Soojung didn’t even afraid of her. She was even smirking.

 

“Waeyo? You’re afraid that I’ll take Himchan oppa away from you? Yeah...I’m also have something relationship with Himchan oppa; which maybe more important than you, Song Jieun sshi.”

 

“Yah! Jung Soojung! You’re just same like your sis!” Jieun couldn’t control her anger anymore so she just snapped to Soojung.

 

“Mwo??! What do you mean by that, huh?”

 

Before Jieun could answer Soojung’s question, there was suddenly car sounds could be heard from afar.

 

Himchan had finally back home.

 

“We will stop our argument for now. Can you do that?” Jieun slowly stated her point to Soojung while caressed her own hair and waited for Soojung’s reply.

 

“For the first time ever in my life, I agree with you Jieun sshi.”


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

I know that most of my reader surely wonder about the relationship between Eunhwa and Himchan, right?

It'll be revealed in the next chapter~ ^^