#Case027

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case027 -Man In Love 

 

Gunwoo looks around his surroundings. He had searching for someone, but he couldn’t find that person for now. He’d tried to call and even sent a message; but still, all of it was hopeless.

 

As the person that he looked for was also missing.

 

Despite the hardships that he went through these days, he took a little time for himself by strolling in the park nearby – with his usual black leather jacket that he always wear during the Madman cases investigation.

 

He walked nonchalantly; almost as a meaningless walk as if to forget those hideous images of seven Madman’s victims in his mind – just before when he saw a well-known figure that was standing not far from his stature, under the bridge.

 

A suspicious yet hidden place that exists in the serene open-air park.

 

“Miss Jung Soojung?” Gunwoo called for Soojung with his clear voice; but to his disappointment, she didn’t hear him.

 

He walked a little bit closer and right from his views, he could saw that Soojung was talking to someone – but that person was quite vague.

 

Who was that person could be?

 

“Miss Jung Soojung.”

 

A second attempt from Gunwoo; and it clearly succeed as her shoulder been slightly heaved up and she gave a quick response as she turned around towards Gunwoo’s direction and almost tripped herself.

 

“Oh. I’m sorry. I was just so surprised by that sudden call of my name.” Soojung shone a sheepish smile as if she tried to cover up her own-made accident just now.

 

Gunwoo smiled professionally while took steps closer to Soojung. Then, he looked around Soojung.

 

Where is that ambiguous person?

 

On the other hand, Soojung did sense something off from her view thus she quickly tapped Gunwoo’s shoulder.

 

As she didn’t want Gunwoo to know whom she met seconds before.

 

For the sake of Jongup’s life.

 

Eventhough she wasn’t sure of her own actions.

 

“Detective Lee Gunwoo. What makes you here at this hour?” Soojung made a suspicious face and eyed Gunwoo from his head to his toe. “It can’t be that...”

 

Gunwoo made a face and then sighed hard. “Why I can’t be here now? And what?”

 

Soojung suddenly beamed and walked out from the bridge area, which was bait for Gunwoo to trail her behind – out from the hidden place. “Nothing actually. I just thought that maybe; just maybe you did put a detector inside my shoes sole-“

 

“So I can successfully track and made an existence of myself at your location – like that?” Gunwoo shook his head and laughed heartily. He didn’t believe that he could meet this kind of person ever in his life.

 

Soojung’s face was scarlet with anger by the non-amusing laugh in her ears. “I-It’s not funny, you know?”

 

“Okay. I’m sorry.”

 

Gunwoo slowly made his laugh disappeared away and awkwardly cough to brush away the sudden silence that exists between both of them. And in an instance, he suddenly remembered about the exact reason he was here, right now.

 

Moon Jongup.

 

Kim Himchan.

 

Jung Soojung.

 

“Miss Jung. I do need your favor now.” Gunwoo suddenly back to his senses and made Soojung looked at him with an awe expression. “Do you probably have in touch with Himchan recently?”

 

Soojung put her index finger onto her forehead; a usual gesture that most of people used when they tried to remember something from their mind before shook her head slowly.

 

“Nope. I don’t think so.”

 

Gunwoo sighed. “Himchan never turned off his phone before.”

 

“That’s true.” Soojung agreed with Gunwoo. Then, she took a quick curious stare towards Gunwoo. “How do you know about that?”

 

“I’m his best friend. Since in secondary school.”

 

“Oh.” Soojung gasped. “I never knew that.”

 

“Of course you don’t know about it.” Gunwoo chuckled a bit. “We just got a chance to meet again when-“ Suddenly, Gunwoo left his sentences hanged as he suddenly remembered about something.

 

Jung Sooyeon is Jung Soojung’s sister.

 

“When?” Soojung asked Gunwoo to keep continue his sentences as this was the first time that she ever knew that she really had an invisible link with this stern detective named Lee Gunwoo.

 

Gunwoo’s breath caught and he tried his best to swallow the lump in his throat but it somehow felt paralyzed as he still hesitated to say it. But, when he looked towards Soojung’s eagerly want-to-know face, he decided to finally let it be spoken.

 

“When...Sooyeon’s death. As I was...and still am the detective’s in charge, as your sister was one of the Madman’s victims.”

 

Soojung’s face fell and she couldn’t utter any words after she heard it. It’s no wonder that Gunwoo didn’t have any heart to say it.

 

But she never knew. She didn’t know.

 

The stiff air once again revolve around them and their feelings were mixed together with the tangled mind that tried very best to control their emotions. Gunwoo looked at Soojung; somewhat felt sorry for her. Meanwhile Soojung just keep stared on the surface of the nearby lake.

 

Calm and transparent yet dark; as it could lead someone into its unknown depth.

 

Like the depth of Soojung’s feelings.

 

Possibly the depth of Madman’s mind as well.

 

“Detective Lee.” Soojung finally break the still air by called for Gunwoo’s attention towards her. “It’s okay.”

 

Gunwoo nodded. He could felt a slight better by that one sentence from Soojung.

 

“By the way Detective Lee, I think I know- no! I know why he doesn’t pick up any calls!” Soojung exclaimed as soon as her mind did somehow remembered Jieun’s short message that she received before she went to this park.

 

‘Himchan and I won’t be at home today. We’re going to somewhere together.’

 

“What’s that reason could be?” Deep in Gunwoo’s heart, he hoped that his friend could help him; but knowing Kim Himchan for years, maybe he did need some personal times by himself.

 

“He’s with his girlfriend Song Jieun.” Soojung flinched a little upon saying words ‘his girlfriend’ together with Jieun’s name. “To a place together; that I didn’t even know where it is. And they must be into some romantic scene there. Geez.”

 

 

The sky was a fiery red with the last rays of the setting sun but darkness was indeed falling fast. The cold breeze came from the sea kept brushes past a silhouette of a girl that was standing in the beach house’s balcony, made her hair swayed charmingly to her back.

 

Eunhwa held her hair and brushes it with her hands before she took a sip of tea while looking to the picturesque scenery right before her eyes. Then, as if she had a deep thought about something, her face frowned.

 

“Kim Himchan.” She took a small sip of tea. “Why we meet today?”

 

Silence.

 

“There’s a lot of days for us to meet; but why today?” Eunhwa cupped her face, half. Then, she spun around to let her eyes stopped onto an ped bag that was full with her clothes on the couch.

 

That’s it. She will return to Seoul.

 

Eventhough she felt relaxed here in her hometown, but her mind can’t stop thinking about the miracle that she’d just met and made she can’t stop yearning for a person that she knew would never return to her arms.

 

Yoo Youngjae.

 

“This isn’t right.” Eunhwa finished her last sip of tea and went to the kitchen to wash it before she closed the balcony sliding door and headed towards the front door; with her bag and house keys in her grip.

 

“Goodbye.”

 

Eunhwa took a walk to nearby bus stop for her to take the bus’s last trip. She sat on the metal chair after she put her bag besides her. She did somehow; look completely exhausted.

 

As she tried hard to fight with her inner self. Her illogical thinking.

 

PINNN

 

Eunhwa quickly look towards the source of the loud honk sounds that successfully bring her back to reality.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

It was the first question that been said by the driver as soon as the car’s window been pulled down and automatically made she stunned.

 

It’s not past an hour enough since she last thought about this man.

 

Kim Himchan.

 

“I-I want to go back home.” Eunhwa stuttered her first words as she couldn’t believe that she’ll meet Himchan again today.

 

Himchan looked slightly surprised inside his car. “Seoul? At this hour?”

 

Eunhwa nodded. She was determined and nothing could stop her.

 

Eventhough it’s Himchan.

 

“Is there any bus to Seoul...now?” Himchan seemed quite unsure of Eunhwa’s decision which he thought as a ridiculous decision as rarely buses to Seoul took this route. Besides, it’s already night time and yet Eunhwa wanted to go back all by herself.

 

No. He won’t let her. It’s too dangerous.

 

“There is still a last trip by 8 pm.”

 

“Why you don’t just take an early morning trip tomorrow? It’s dangerous for a girl like you to have a long journey by yourself.”

 

“I don’t want to.” Eunhwa quick response made Himchan taken aback as she was so persistent enough – and as if she didn’t care about the risk at all. Which this is a side of Eunhwa that Himchan never knew was existed.

 

“If you says so...” Himchan opened the passenger’s door. “Hop into the car. I would give you a lift.”

 

Eunhwa’s eyes widen. This is not the reaction what she expected from Himchan, at least.

 

As she hoped he would just leave her alone; or even accompany her together before she board the bus.

 

“It’s okay. I can just-“

 

Himchan shushed her by showing her his index finger. “I don’t accept a ‘no’.”

 

“But-“

 

“And ‘buts’.” Himchan deeply sighed before turned his gaze into Eunhwa’s eyes deeply. “Jung Eunhwa, we’re still friends right?”

 

Eunhwa nodded. Eventhough Himchan’s sudden existence today did surprised her and despite what happened between them in the past; deep in her heart, she’s still acknowledged Himchan as her friend.

 

Her best friend.

 

“If you still consider me as a friend...” Himchan’s lips then slowly curved into a smile.

 

A sincere smile.

 

“...please do take my offer with a ‘yes’.”

 

 

“Channie ahh...”

 

Jieun’s hands d beside her as she searched for Himchan’s figure that she was sure beside her on the bed as they took a nap together.

 

But, she couldn’t feel anything besides the bed cover.

 

In awe, she slightly opened her eyes to peek to her side with a hope that Himchan was there – still by her side. But much to her dismay, he wasn’t there.

 

“Himchan!” Jieun fully opened her eyes and scanned the whole room in bewilderment.

 

“Where he could be at?”

 

She got up from the bed and slowly walked towards the room’s sliding door that lead her to the cozy and luxurious living room that a President of a gigantic airline’s company would choose to stay.

 

But, she didn’t look at the room as a haven, as she searched for Himchan like crazy.

 

She’s afraid if she’ll lose him.

 

To Eunhwa.

 

She didn’t know why; but she felt insecure since they got back from the unexpected meeting between Himchan and Eunhwa on today’s evening. Eventhough, she had given everything and she – was sure – that Himchan was also did the same by opening his cold heart since Sooyeon’s death to her with his deep and longing kiss before...

 

...she still didn’t manage to throw away those insecure feelings away.

 

And to make it worse, they met Eunhwa – Himchan’s first love.

 

Did she hesitate in her own feelings?

 

“No...” Jieun vigorously shook her head and closed her eyes. “He won’t do that. I know he won’t leave me for her...”

 

Then, she opened her eyes and dashed towards the room – or, exactly the coffee table inside the room and took her phone. She unlocked the device and looked for any missed calls from Himchan.

 

None.

 

“Maybe he just went out to get food?” Jieun slowly whispered to herself an excuse that will help her heartbeat stop quickened in fear.

 

Fear of losing Himchan.

 

As soon as she looked into her call log, she spoke her instructions towards her phone.

 

“Call Channie.”

 

TUT

 

TUT

 

TUT

 

“Sorry. The person that you called was currently unreachable-“

 

Jieun scoffed. She tried once again to call Himchan.

 

“Call Channie.”

 

TUT

 

TUT

 

TUT

 

“Sorry. The pers-“

 

Jieun press the virtual button ‘End Call’ with enraged. She felt like want to smack her phone by throw it onto the hard walls; but her sane mind made she decided to call Himchan one more time.

 

The third time.

 

“Call Channie.”

 

TUT

 

TUT

 

And it works.

 

“Oh. Jieun ahh.”

 

Jieun tighten her grip to the phone and beamed happily. “Channie ahh... Where are you at now?”

 

“Inside the car.” Himchan just shortly answered Jieun’s question. His voice was slower than usual as if he didn’t want to wake anybody nearest to him.

 

Then, Jieun looked at the wall clock in front of her. It’s already past 10 pm.

 

“It’s getting late now. I’m so worried of you.”

 

“You don’t need to worry Jieun ahh.” Himchan’s voice was so fond, as if he realized Jieun’s anxious tone. “By the way... I’m sorry for not telling you earlier.”

 

Jieun held out a relief sigh. “It’s okay, Channie ahh... As long as you come ba-“

 

“I’m already in Seoul.”

 

“What?” Jieun’s eyes widened as soon as she heard the sentence from Himchan. Her mind had already thought of anything bad that maybe happened towards him. “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine. It’s just...” Himchan was hesitated to tell Jieun the truth as his gaze fell on sleeping figure beside him in his car. He smiled to see her calm face.

 

Eunhwa’s face.

 

They were already in front of Eunhwa’s house; but as Eunhwa had fallen asleep earlier, he took a decision to not disturb her deep sleep.

 

Besides, he did enjoy looking over her visage that he missed for years.

 

“It’s just?” Jieun’s voice sounds quite irritated. As she could sense something fishy – as if Himchan tried to hide something from her.

 

“I’ve an important meeting tomorrow. Early in the morning.” Himchan bit his lower lip.

 

He had already lied to Jieun.

 

Jieun sighed. Suddenly she realized that she shouldn’t be too obsessive and have any doubt towards Himchan.

 

Because she knew he won’t lie to her.

 

Is it?

 

“Jieun ahh?” Himchan called for Jieun as he didn’t heard any responds from the other side of phone line. “I’m sorry for not calling you earlier regarding this-“

 

“Himchan. No need to say sorry. I understand.” Jieun weakly replied to his apology.

 

“I’ll send a driver to pick up you tomorrow’s morning, okay?”

 

Jieun blankly stared towards the white wall in front of her eyes. Her heart actually hurts by Himchan’s sudden decision without referring to her first.

 

As if she was meaningless in his life.

 

She shook her head and held her chest. Her calm eyes had already welling in tears.

 

“Okay.”

 

And the tears fell weightlessly on the bed sheet – as soon as her finger tapped the virtual button to end the call.


Petite_Star Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

Ahh~~~ Finally I'd made my comeback!! And Going Crazy had already back again for you - readers, subscribers, upvoters <3

A sincere thank you for those who wait for this story since last year and I felt so much thankful for that ^^

That's what keeping me going through this; and finally I've got a chance to present again this story after a looooong time of hiatus (almost for a year xP)~

Do enjoy!