#Case024

Going Crazy┊미친거니

#Case024 – Deja-vu and Reality

 

Jongup slowly made his way to Himchan’s office with a palpitated heart, as he had been called by the new President in a sudden; right after he had met Gunwoo to give the necklace to him.

 

The evidence.

 

Jongup’s feet quickly stopped walking as he had already been in front of President’s Office. It did feel new, as Himchan was just one of Angel Air’s CEO and his daddy-long-legs and yet, he had already placed himself to the top – prove to all people that young in age, didn’t mean that he wasn’t capable to do anything.

 

Jongup was proud with Himchan. A man that had helped him a lot ever since.

 

When everybody looked down on him at that time.

 

TOK TOK TOK

 

He knocked the door three times before his lips curled into a smile. He was really happy for Himchan – and he would always be.

 

“Enter!”

 

Himchan’s voice could be vividly heard by Jongup and he opened the door as soon as Himchan told him to. The door swung open little by little, until he could enter the room and greeted Himchan. “Annyeonghaseyo, Himchan hyung – no, President Kim.”

 

Himchan just let out a cackle as Jongup seemed stuttered and did make a mistake in his greetings though. “It’s okay, Jongup ahh. You can just call me your hyung as before. Besides, I didn’t see anything wrong in that; as we’re so close like brothers.”

 

Jongup flashed his angelic smile towards Himchan. “Thanks hyung. I just didn’t used yet to call you as a President.” Himchan looked at him while tilted his head aside; quite confused by Jongup’s sentences just now. “I mean...as you’d turn to be a President in a short term so I think I’d to take time to call you as President Kim. But, I’ll start by today...slowly.”

 

Himchan nodded. Now he understood Jongup’s feelings. “I see. It’s okay; just take your time slowly. You know, Jongup ahh...I’m also couldn’t adapt myself in this position yet so far. Everything does need time, right?”

 

Jongup diligently nodded. “Oh! Hyung. May I know why you’re calling me here just now?”

 

Himchan stood up from his seat and sit on the sofa that was located in front of his table while he also cued Jongup to sit on the sofa beside him, for they could discussed more efficiently about the matter that he wanted to talk about. Jongup slowly sat on the sofa and waited for Himchan’s reply.

 

“I think I want to give you an offer.”

 

Jongup furrowed his eyebrows. “Offer? What kind of offer?”

 

Himchan smiled. “Actually it did sound nothing much but I do want this position for you to accept – I hope. I’m actually looking for my own personal secretary, other than my secretary here to arrange my schedule; as I still can’t do it by my own.” Then, he took a file from the drawer of a small cabinet beside his sofa. “This is the planner for the position. You can take it and read it before you make out a decision, if you want to.”

 

Jongup looked to the file with a vacant stare. Then, slowly he lifted his hands and took the file from Himchan’s grip. “Thanks for the offer, hyung. But...I think I would most probably accept this position for sure. As this is your trusts towards me; so I won’t ever let you down hyung. You can keep that promise.”

 

“Really?” Himchan stunned by Jongup’s words and at the same time felt so much thankful as Jongup had accepted the position eventhough he hadn’t even read the planner so far. “Jongup ahh...gomawo.”

 

Jongup shook his head. “No. It’s actually me who is the one that supposed to say that to you hyung – no, President Kim.” Jongup turned to chan and somehow his trick worked, as Himchan went approached him and hit him quite hard on his shoulder.

 

“Yah! You shouldn’t tease me like that, Moon Jongup ahh.” Himchan laughed happily.

 

He hadn’t laugh as happy as today for a long time already.

 

Then, Himchan turned around in order to sit back to his table when suddenly Jongup held his wrists. “Hyung. Stop.”

 

“What? Why? Is it your another tease, Jongup ahh?” Himchan flinched as he couldn’t believe this guy in front of him anymore at this moment.

 

But, Jongup shook his head vigorously before he stood up beside Himchan. Then, he looked towards Himchan right from head to toe – and his face did looked somewhat serious. And finally, he opened up his mouth to speak. “Hyung.” Jongup looked straightly to Himchan’s face. “Now I just remember! Your height looked as same as him.”

 

Himchan felt weird by Jongup’s sudden change in reactions. Him? Who’s that?”

 

Jongup wore a worried looks. “You do know that I’d be in temporary suspects’ lists for late President Hong’s death right?” Himchan nodded. Of course he knew about it as his friend was the head detective for the case. Then, Jongup continued his sentences. “I’d bumped into a suspicious man on that time; and I do think he is the killer or as known as the Madman that police looked for.”

 

Himchan eyes widened. “Madman? So...he is the one that you referred to me just now?” Jongup nodded. “You got to tell Detective Lee about your discovery then! If his height was almost same as me, you got to tell him. Maybe this would help him a little bit to reach for the killer.”

 

“Should I?” Jongup once again asked for his own confirmation. Himchan nodded and Jongup quickly made his move towards the door before turned back to see Himchan. “I’ll tell him right away if that so.”

 

“Yes. You may go ahead, Jongup ahh. I’ll tell your head steward about your short absence for now, don’t you worry.” Jongup bowed for a bit to Himchan and straightly went out from Himchan’s room. He was running in order to move faster to his car so that he could reach to the police station on time.

 

Jongup pressed lightly on his car key to unlocked the door and hurriedly hopped into his car. Soon after he had start his car’s engine, he just drove away from Angel Air’s basement parking area without even knew that he had been watched from afar; ever since he went out from Himchan’s office.

 

He had been spied by someone, behind the pillars near where President Hong died.

 

 

Eunhwa sat on one of the chair in the living room, looking up on the evening sky with an empty stare from the transparent sliding door that connected the living room to the balcony. The weather did look good and suitable for any outdoor activities in the evening; but she didn’t think that she would love to do anything outdoors.

 

As indoor had already felt like a jail for her.

 

And outdoors couldn’t have her feel better too as well.

 

As she would once again seen the cruel side of the world.

 

She hated it. Really much.

 

Eunhwa turned around and looked straightly towards her kitchen. “But I still have to continue my life, isn’t it?” She slowly stood up from her seat and let out a sigh.

 

Then, Eunhwa entered the kitchen and opened her refrigerator to take out several ingredients that she needed to cook her own dinner. She didn’t have to make a complicated meal as she lived all alone after Daehyun’s death.

 

It’s hurt.

 

She held a medium-sized fish and put it on the wooden chopping board before she chopped it with a sharped knife in her hands.

 

TAK

 

TAK

 

TAK

 

Suddenly, there was a splash of fish’s blood on her face which made she flinch for a bit backwards. Then, she looked towards her hands – blood.

 

Bloods everywhere.

 

The knife in her hands then fell weightlessly on the floor as her head throbbed in pain for a sudden. It did make out loud echoed sounds, but she didn’t even bother it.

 

As the same – eerie deja-vu came strike her mind.

 

But for this time, she almost sees the face that hides under a dark mask as he turned his head to her; with his grip still held the knife that was drabbled by someone’s blood.

 

Someone that lifelessly lay on the floor.

 

The killer then noticed her and went to approach her-

 

Slowly; but it’s more than enough to make her trembled hard.

 

And she could see the eyes – eyes that needed a prey.

 

And the prey that the person looked for-

 

Is her.

 

“Jung Eunhwa....I want you.”

 

“Andwae!!! Andwae!!!” Eunhwa screamed at the top of her voice. Her hands closed both of her ears while her head vigorously shook. She quickly opened her eyes and finally saw the fish, the kitchen and also her home.

 

She was here all the time ever since.

 

Eunhwa then as if too surprised by the sudden image that appeared before her eyes, she fell on the floor with partly opened up. She still couldn’t accept the deja-vu.

 

It’s the way too much for her. And did enough to make her finally burst into cry.

 

“Why me?? Why I have to see all those things?? Wae???”

 

Still, the questions were left hanging; without even an answer for it.

 

 

Soojung looked to the street lights that started flicker to life from inside the café. She waited for someone’s arrival; someone’s important for her project.

 

Soojung then looked towards her notebook and slowly flipped the pages of the notebook. Most of the pages had been written in a nice and neat handwriting of hers, since she started her work as a crime news reporter.

 

She stopped to flip the pages as her gaze fell on the last page of her notebook.

 

‘If you never give up, you’ll be successful – and I’m sure you’ll make it, Soojung ahh.’

 

It’s a simple yet a good quote; but it’s not her handwriting.

 

It’s Sooyeon’s.

 

Soojung stunned in her seat before slowly lifted up her finger to touch every single letter and words in the quote. “When did Sooyeon unnie write this in my notebook?”

 

She was puzzled. And at the same time, she started to miss her sister, Jung Sooyeon.

 

The scene where she first got her job still remained fresh in her mind.

 

“Soojung ahh!! Chukahaeyo~ (Congrats~) I really proud of my little sister!!” Sooyeon suddenly gave out a bear hug to Soojung until Soojung couldn’t breathe right when Soojung went out from SBC building.

 

“Unnie...I....can’t breathe...” Soojung tried her best to pull out herself from the hug and told her sister about her condition right now. And thankfully, Sooyeon heard her.

 

“Sorry...I didn’t mean to~” Sooyeon smiled sheepishly before patted Soojung’s head. “Oh...my sister is now an adult. It’s such a miracle for me to see you grown up in front of my own eyes.”

 

Soojung rolled her eyes. Now, now, the great Sooyeon had started to talk about the past time.

 

“You’re just a small girl that I used to always take care of before but look now; you had already become someone that I could rely to someday.”

 

Soojung shyly smiled. “Stop it unnie ahh... It’s absolutely nothing to be proud of though. I just got a job – like anyone else in my age. That’s all.”

 

Sooyeon shook her head. “No. It was indeed something that has to be proud to.” Then, Sooyeon pinched Soojung’s cheeks softly. “I’ll always proud of you, Soojung ahh. Not because you’re my younger sister; but it’s because I’m destined to be your older sister.”

 

Soojung stunned by her sister words; and she became more moved by her sister’s next sentences.

 

“If I do have second chance to alive in this world; I’ll still want to be your sister, Soojung ahh.”

 

“Miss Jung Soojung?”

 

Soojung became flabbergasted by the sudden call of her name by someone that was standing in front of her right now. “O-oh...yes?”

 

The person looked mystified by Soojung’s blurred attitude. ”Yah! Where is the gusto Jung Soojung that I knew before had gone??” The person took a seat in front of her while looked towards Soojung in a concerned face. “Are you okay, Miss Jung Soojung?”

 

Soojung quickly flipped the paged of her notebook back to the empty page for today’s interview. “Of course I’m fine, Detective Lee Gunwoo. Thanks for asking about it anyway.”

 

“It’s just I still had the humanity characteristics in myself – so, that’s why I was worried over you.” Gunwoo bluntly said his reason which made Soojung smirked.

 

“Oh...that’s really nice of you. I feel really thankful though.” Soojung teased Gunwoo before she took out a file from her backpack. “By the way, I just want to let you know that you’re the last person that I’d to meet for this.” Soojung showed up a management file written ‘Madman Puzzle – SBC Crime News Section Project’ to Gunwoo. “And this will be complete.”

 

Gunwoo nodded. “Oh. Should I be proud with it? As the case that under my surveillance will be made as a documentary.”

 

Soojung triumphantly grinned. “Of course you should! And what about if we started our interview session now?”

 

As soon as Soojung said so, suddenly Gunwoo’s phone rang. Gunwoo bowed his head a little to Soojung. “I’m sorry. I think I’d to take this call.” Soojung nodded then she prepared everything for the interview on the table.

 

Meanwhile, Gunwoo hurriedly swiped his screen to activate the incoming call. “Hello. This is Detective Lee Gunwoo speaking.”

 

It’s a silence in several minutes before a high-pitched yell echoed in every corner of the café. And Gunwoo became their center of attraction for a moment.

 

“WHAT DID YOU SAY???!!” Gunwoo had raised his voice unknowingly which made Soojung had taken aback by it.

 

As the call did bring a bad news.

 

Gunwoo nodded before he ended the call. “Miss Jung? I’m sorry but I need to go by now. There’s something urgent happened-“

 

“Let me guess.” Soojung cut Gunwoo’s sentences before he could finish it. “It’s another Madman attack – am I right?”

 

Gunwoo let out a sigh. It’s obviously he couldn’t even hide that from Soojung; or even from media as well.

 

As secret couldn’t be hide for forever.

 

Gunwoo weakly nodded. “Yes, you’re right. It’s happen again.”

 

 

 

“Why I feel so lonely? Song Jieun...why you looked so pathetic?”

 

Jieun couldn’t stopped from keep asking herself about the things that absolutely have no answer – as she herself didn’t know why she could turned out like this, tonight.

 

Jieun’s lonely night self-confession.

 

“I got everything that I want so badly before – especially Himchan’s love for me. But still, why I still feel empty...right in here?” Jieun tapped her chest where her heart had lied within.

 

She did felt like the love was actually not for her, and she had even think that she wasn’t the one that Himchan truly loved.

 

It’s Sooyeon for sure.

 

“I wonder if Sooyeon had felt this way before too...” Jieun mumbled all by herself while poured the drinks to her glass. “But maybe no... She didn’t have anything to be worried about, isn’t she? Himchan do love her very much...too much...”

 

Her heart hurts. And it hurts badly tonight. Then, Jieun took a glance to every corner of Himchan’s house with a vacant stare.

 

Deep in her heart, she felt like this house wasn’t even welcomed her existence – as this house once before had seen the true love of Himchan and Sooyeon. And that thought did make her mind became more miserable.

 

GLUP. Jieun took a swig of her drink.

 

“I do want his love. But not by this way...it’s all wrong since the beginning.” Jieun shook her head vigorously before made her way to the big plane mirror near the small pub in Himchan’s house. “I don’t even know myself anymore. I don’t recognize this girl anymore.” She pointed to her own image in the mirror with a smirk on her beautiful face.

 

“Is your change worth it? Oh yes, he finally said ‘I love you’ to you, isn’t it fake Song Jieun?” Once again, she talked to her image as she and her image was two different people. Then, she laughed heartily. “The true Song Jieun wouldn’t ever seduce person that she loves eventhough it would finally hurt her heart. And she would never hate a person unknowingly – like what you did to Jung Soojung.”

 

Jieun’s had already became tipsy, all because she’d drank half-bottle of the alcohol in the small pub rack. And that’s explained why she became all the way like this.

 

Put all the blame to her new self.

 

“I’m not you! And you’re not me.” Jieun approached closer to the mirror slowly. “Because you’ll always get what you want and while for me, I’ll just remain the way as it should be. But...it’s too late to make a U-turn, isn’t it?” Jieun paused herself for a while before her eyes welling with tears. “As I’d already become you.”

 

The part of herself that she hated.

 

GLUP. Another shot of drink.

 

“If I’d become fake part of myself, is that mean maybe Himchan’s love for me is fake too as well?” Jieun sobbed slowly while her grip to her glass been tighter than before. “I do love him... I love him with all my heart.”

 

GLUP. A whole glass finally finished.

 

“But this is way too much... I shouldn’t do this in the first place... I should just stay in America...” Jieun finally went back to the small pub’s counter and rested her head on it with a despair reaction on her face.

 

She had already put her glass aside on the counter. And slowly, she cried out her disappointment cries with herself that she had silently kept before inside her heart for a long time.

 

Jieun never liked herself – her own self that was existed as soon as she was back from her studies in America. But in order for her to obtained a love from someone named Kim Himchan, she had already became someone that she never wanted to be; as the kind-hearted and naïve old Song Jieun had slowly faded away from herself.

 

She didn’t know herself anymore.

 

As she went deeper into her masquerade, she had finally regretted every step that she took...all because of she could never turn back to her old self and yet she couldn’t ever let go of Himchan’s love that she had already waited for years.

 

Because she loved Himchan very much.

 

So now, all she hoped is no other than a hope that she would just forget everything and keep moving on to build her future together with Himchan.

 

The uncertainty feelings in her heart.

 

Jieun slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep on the cold counter with the last tears running down her cheeks, straightly went to her own image reflected by the pub counter’s surface.

 

Sleep well, Song Jieun.


Petite_Star's Corner : Feel free to give comments for this chapter. Thank you~ :)

This chapter is more looked like as a POV, isn't it? Especially for Eunhwa and also Jieun's part.

What do you think of it, my lovely readers?

By the way, I'm sorry if there's a lot of grammar mistakes as I'm writing it in dark condition so I'm afraid if there'll be a lot of them actually... xP